Tough places to Play

Speeding2Live

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OSKensteph27

I have never played againat O.S. because i play for them lol. But I do know that are crowd gets pretty rowdy. Toughest Place I've ever played was definetly Smith County, there have some of the most dedicated fan's in the state and I really enjoyed the Facilities there.

Please don't get me in trouble for this but the hardest place to play is in Hoenwall in Lewis County. Mainly because they always got these huge meals that they feed the referees before the game! I heard before our game there that they had lobster tails and truffles. Plus one of the refs was kinfolks to the coach (you know who you are) You tell me how you compete against that?

Maryville seems to me not only to be the toughest place to play but also ref. We donn our Confederate, "Rebel", flags for each game and we beat them against the bleachers and we yell, chant, sing with the band. Then for the refs and players we have small yellow "flags" that we wave when we think that a penalty is wrong or thrown against the other team. We also yell at the players themselves, the student section is next to the far sideline and we usually chant the number of the closest reciever/quarterback, which a lot of times gets us harsh glances, taunts, and the bird. We get inside your head and if your going to beat us anywhere its not going to be in Blount County, because if its in Blount County its either our actual home or our home away from home. We're just as loud away from Sheild's Stadium because we brink flocks of people to every game. Last years state championship game was a great example; Maryville's fans greatly outnumbered Hillsboro's and we like to think that our number affect both our players and our opponents.

Guest trojanball4

maryville is a tough place to play. the student section is pretty crazy. last year i got some hollers bout my height. thats aight tho cause we beat ya at your place and you all beat us at ours. plus the hollerin didnt help ya any cause i picked one off giles and ran it back.