Rankings Week 3

mjuhb

Well it looks like the season really gets started now, anyways, so it will all sort itself out. I agree with you, G, can't judge your team solely on trophies and polls don't win you games. But I think everyone likes to be mentioned in the polls. I'd rather people think we are good than bad.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison beat northside 1-0. I would say a fair game with equal chances, just madison had a couple better ones. Also, should have been 2-0. 5 minutes remaining in the game and madison midfielder struck a left footed volley from 30 yards and it hit the cross bar, then the net and bounced out and the referee was the only one who did not see it hit the net /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> even northside players were admitting it was a goal!!

Good game though!

I know that neither team is in these rankings but:

Kingsbury 1

MUS 0

Kingsbury is pretty good this year. They are fast and skilled and go at the goal hard. They played CBHS in a really tough game, The score was 3-0, but the game was very competitive. CBHS scored on a scramble in front of the goal just before the half and then scored two in the second when Kingsbury worn down some. The Public schools will have a nice battle this year. Houston is tough this year and should win out with loads of experience and strong players( Lightfoot, Haba, Ondras, Thomas, Dees, Van Cleave, Powell)l, Collierville should get stronger if they get Bonars back, and White Station is pretty good as well. I think having Kingsbury strong will make things even more fun.

Kingsbury is pretty good this year. They are fast and skilled and go at the goal hard. They played CBHS in a really tough game, The score was 3-0, but the game was very competitive. CBHS scored on a scramble in front of the goal just before the half and then scored two in the second when Kingsbury worn down some. The Public schools will have a nice battle this year. Houston is tough this year and should win out with loads of experience and strong players( Lightfoot, Haba, Ondras, Thomas, Dees, Van Cleave, Powell)l, Collierville should get stronger if they get Bonars back, and White Station is pretty good as well. I think having Kingsbury strong will make things even more fun.

Great to hear. I coached them for three years and helped to build the foundation for that program before I returned to grad. school full time. Its been two years since I coached them, but I'm happy to hear someone praise their ability. I'm hoping to make it to a game soon.

i really dont understand the problem with his rankings... does farragut deserve to be number one? no, no they dont. who cares about them winning state last year, they beat bearden who also beat them twice that year. they just happened to win the state game, of course with the refs help, hehe, love to take a jab at farragut. anyways, i am more shocked by the brentwood ranking... everyone always ranks brentwood in the top 4 and they are just not good. look at two years ago when they played bearden in the opening round of state they got demolished, but they hadnt lost for something like a year before that. maybe it is time for brentwood to step up and play the hard games and earn their reputation by beating another good team imagine thta for once...

i really dont understand the problem with his rankings... does farragut deserve to be number one? no, no they dont. who cares about them winning state last year, they beat bearden who also beat them twice that year. they just happened to win the state game, of course with the refs help, hehe, love to take a jab at farragut. anyways, i am more shocked by the brentwood ranking... everyone always ranks brentwood in the top 4 and they are just not good. look at two years ago when they played bearden in the opening round of state they got demolished, but they hadnt lost for something like a year before that. maybe it is time for brentwood to step up and play the hard games and earn their reputation by beating another good team imagine thta for once...

well ezion i dont like brentwood but i will have to defend them here. last 3 years. state championship, state quarters, and state semis. I dont really see that as a disappointment do you? They have 5 D1 signees in there senior class as well as many people to back them up. They return 8 of 11 starters and have very very good back ups. Believe me we just played them and they are stacked. Also they lost in pk's to your bearden last year so i would say they sure played you guys a good game and could have gone either way, but who am i to judge, let them do it for themselves...

west scores

BOLTON 4, CRAIGMONT 3

CENTRAL 5, WHITEHAVEN 2

MILLINGTON 5, BARTLETT 0

ECS 1, KINGSBURY 1

West Rankings

1. CBHS

2. Houston

3. St. Benedict

4. Briarcrest

5. White Station

6. Collierville

7. ECS

8. Kingsbury

9. USJ

10. Madison

well ezion i dont like brentwood but i will have to defend them here. last 3 years. state championship, state quarters, and state semis. I dont really see that as a disappointment do you? They have 5 D1 signees in there senior class as well as many people to back them up. They return 8 of 11 starters and have very very good back ups. Believe me we just played them and they are stacked. Also they lost in pk's to your bearden last year so i would say they sure played you guys a good game and could have gone either way, but who am i to judge, let them do it for themselves...

they r overated, in that game against brentwood, bearden had an own goal... and didnt play very well. i'm not saying that they r just god awful, but they r very very overrated... they always get built up and built up for what... losing. yeah they won state, but who cares, look at their schedules from the past they definetily arent playing a farragut or bearden schedule.

and i love when ppl talk abotu d1 signees, that is also overrated. look at ben backstrom, he went to a d1 school and... now that school is what... losing their soccer team... that is awesome though he went d1... try playing against naia, that is where the good players are, all those foreigners, they would dominate most d1 schools, of course maybe not at the top of the top, but for the run of the mill d1 schools, they would destroy them.