New Coach at Hardin Valley?

Rebelsports

Hardin Valley Academy which is opening in fall of 2008 is getting a very highly respected Head Coach, Kirk Renegar from DIII Shenandoah University up in Winchester, VA.

Anyone who has came in contact with this young man has nothing but positive things to say about him.

I will say this, your program will be ran in a 1st class manner and will be admired by many.

Congrats on choosing a fine young man.

Coach Renegar Bio from Shenandoah University

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Article from Winchester Star :

WINCHESTER, Va. - Shenandoah University Head Baseball Coach Kevin Anderson announced Monday that assistant coach Kirk Renegar has resigned.

Renegar has been with the program for the past four years, including the past two as Anderson??™s full-time assistant and recruiting coordinator.

The Stuart, Virginia native, who earned his Master??™s Degree at Shenandoah in 2006, is leaving to become the head baseball coach at Hardin Valley Academy in Knoxville, Tennessee.

???Kirk has done a great job for me the past five years in helping me and the rest of the staff get this program back on its feet,??? Anderson said.

???He has been a tireless recruiter, has done a super job with our kids off the field mentoring them academically and was a first-rate on-field coach.

???I am sure he is going to do a great job with his high school position.???

Renegar, who arrived just after Anderson completed his first season in Winchester, helped the Hornets to 95 wins in the past four seasons. The roster increased in size from 18 to more than 50 and the team GPA improved by more than one full-point.

This past year, a program-record 16 members of the team earned USA South Conference Academic All-Conference honors.

???I really appreciate the opportunity that Kevin and Shenandoah University gave me,??? Renegar said. ???I will have nothing but fond memories of my time here and I wish everybody in the department all the success in the future.???

Anderson stated that he, along with Athletics Director John Hill, will conduct a national search for Renegar??™s replacement.

???I have a couple of people that I have already spoken to about the position,??? Anderson commented. ???I would like to have someone in place in the next month or so. This is an important time for us recruiting-wise.???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hardin Valley Academy baseball coach Kirk Renegar resigned Monday, school principal Sallee Reynolds confirmed by phone Monday afternoon.

Renegar helped the Hawks win three consecutive District 3-AAA tournament championships (2011-13) in the program's five years of existence.

Renegar will be taking an administrative/athletic director position at a school in Virginia, said Reynolds.

More details later online and in Tuesday's News Sentinel.

Edited by coachmilburn

As a former player for HVA Coach Renegar is the best coach a player could ask for. He made us believe that we were still a good team after a 4-29 inaugural season and he continued to push us toward the 2011 District Championship. I will never forget those 3 years in the HVA uniform and wish him the best of luck in the future he will be sorely missed at HVA. Thanks Coach for all you have done.

• Upvote 1

Kirk Renegar resigns as Hardin Valley baseball coach

By Jesse Smithey

Monday, June 10, 2013

The Hardin Valley Academy baseball team received news Monday that will test the sturdiness its of five-year foundation.

Kirk Renegar, the only coach in team history, resigned to accept an administrative/athletic director position at Patrick County High School in Stuart, Va.

Renegar graduated from Patrick County in 2001. He will not coach there.

At Hardin Valley, the Hawks authored runs to three consecutive District 3-AAA tournament championships (2011-13) under Renegar’s watch.

But a new coach will usher the team into a new life next season in District 4-AAA, where teams like Farragut, Bearden and Maryville reign.

“In the past week and a half, I just feel like God has opened some doors for me and my family,†said Renegar. “As I told the kids today, this was without a doubt the most difficult decision that I’ve ever had to make.

“I’m going to miss baseball. I’m going to miss teaching. I’m going to miss Hardin Valley. But, the hardest part for me was leaving the kids and the group we got there now.

“You can’t replace those relationships. You can’t replace the bond that you have with those kids. But I feel like, for the betterment of my family in the long term, this was a decision I had to make as a husband and father.â€

Will Neely, a hard-throwing right-hander who has already committed to the University of Tennessee, could make the transition into the 2014 season go smoothly.

Neely went 7-2 as a sophomore this past season with four saves and 58 strikeouts. He walked only 12 and carried a 1.23 ERA.

Monday’s team meeting came as a shock, Neely said via email. He added that the team remains motivated moving forward.

“We have nine starters coming back. We only graduated three pitchers (and) our whole infield will be back,†Neely wrote. “Our team is very motivated to go out and compete every game. We always give it all we’ve got and I don’t think that will change, even though it will be different on the field without Coach Renegar.â€

Renegar didn’t check off all the goals he set for the Hawks but said that Hardin Valley could reach “upper-echelon status†in the next few years.

“I can walk away from this deal feeling good about the program. I feel good about it, where it’s at financially,†he said. “The players, I think this has the opportunity to be the most talented group that our program has ever seen.

“We still weren’t quite able (this past season) to get where we wanted to go — that being the state tournament. But I feel like the group understands that they’re close.â€

sing_logo.gif

© 2013 Scripps Newspaper Group — Online
Edited by coachmilburn