Can anyone beat MARYVILLE, and by who???

fayfay05

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Maryville is a very good team, but when did they become so good to where people could say that they can't be beaten. Didn't Morristown West beat them last year, teams that can't be beaten don't get beaten. I could see someone saying this if they were just going around dominating every team that they play, but they lost a game last year and barely beat Hillsboro.

Hillsboro's best player (Tim Gray) is gone but they have another QB (Brad Doss) who is pretty good also. If I could remember it wasn't Hillsboro's offese that made them so good it was there defense, and Tim Gray didn't play defense. They only lost 2 players on defense.

Dominique look all of us Maryville fans realize Maryville CAN be beat. We DO think anyone CAN be beat. That's why they play the games. I do think you need to look at Hillsboro's defense again. I just watched the tape of the game between Maryville and Hillsboro and the Burros had 4 seniors starting on defense, not 2. Those players were, DE John Henry, DT Chris Tabeling, DE Brian Price, and DB Aaron Scott. Go Rebs.

First off Hillsboro might beat Maryville given the chance, heck like my other Rebel Rowdies said anyone on any given day CAN beat us. The thing is we beat Hillsboro in one main fashion...wearing them out. Unless Hillsboro dresses a lot more players I think they will get the same result! Also Hixson played us 2 years ago, the almost all sophmore team, especially o-line, we had is all grown up and has a ton of games under their belts. We grew up a lot in 2000, and now we're a lot more grown up. The boys are now men and they're getting better with every passing game. This year I see Maryville shutting more teams down defensively and lighting them up offensively. This Maryville team you see now is nothing like that of 2000, in 2000 we were a passing team and Carl Stewart had hardly been given a chance, now he's in the back field running through everyone and our passing game is still quite strong, when it needs to be. As for Mo-West...Well my "excuse" for why we lost is because of 911, none of our players felt like playing and didn't think they would be playing until Friday when you snuck up and bit us. We knew how hard you would be and didn't underestimate you, the players talked about Mo-West not losing a reg. season game in 2 years or whatever and they respected you guys for that. They were simply unprepared, maybe it was 9/11, maybe it wasn't but nonetheless, you guys stuck it to us and we congratulate you for that. I'm gunna wrap this up, I think any team can beat Maryville, there are some less likely to do it, but a lot of teams are able to on any give day, but don't think for one minute that we're going to lie down and give you the game or make it any easier on you, because when you start thinking that we're going to bounce right back and pop you one!

That's a horrible excuse. That's why some people can not stand Maryville. Morristown West beat you all in ALL aspects of the game that game. You all returned the favor in the Playoffs. you all are a good team, and so is Morristown West. But you need to learn that when you lose, don't make excuses for everything. Who knows, next time you all play and Mo West wins, the sun might be at the wrong angle, and the positioning of the stars was not in your favor! COME OFF OF IT!!! Just accept they beat you. They accpeted you beat them in the playoffs.

West beat Maryville 31-24 in the regular season, NO EXCUSES. West had 16 1st downs to Maryville's 15. West had 185 yds. rushing, Maryville had 163. West had 126 passing, the Rebels had 129. Total offense, Morristown West-311, Maryville-292. However in the playoff game, Maryville dominated Morristown West, 23-7. Also West had no offensive TD's and averted the shutout on a punt return with 4 minutes left in the game. Maryville had 18 1st downs, West had 6. Maryville had 239 yds. rushing, West had 28. Maryville had 117 yds. in the air, West had 59. Total offense Maryville-356, Morristown West-87. West beat Maryville 31-24 and Maryville dominated West 23-7. Maryville went on to the 4-A state title, West did not. NO EXCUSES. Go Rebs.

Guest cole703

I think that Brentwood Academy could beat Maryville. BA often has a difficult time filling their schedule so maybe Hillsboro and Maryville need to give coach Carlton Flatt a call.

Brentwood Academy would beat Maryville Next year...but last year Maryville would have won. BA is loaded, I find it funny that people always make fun of BA, yet they are scheduling St. Xavier and I see a lot of 4A teams not even playing up or playing soft schedules.

(I know West plays a hard schedule, and Maryville plays teams like Alcoa...who is still 2a but good)...THS needs to start playing harder teams cus it hurts them in the playoffs, and probably DB does too.