Can anyone beat MARYVILLE, and by who???

fayfay05

Brentwood Academy could beat Maryville but Maryville could beat them also.

Maryville can compete with any team in the state! 5A 4A or Private division.

It would take a very good football team to beat Maryville and Maryville would have to play good to have a chance to beat Riverdale,Brentwood Academy and other 5a and private powerhouses!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect you Rebelron...we both agree that BA could play against Maryville, MHS is never a pushover, and especially next year of all years...but in terms of actual talent I have to give the edge to BA they have several several guys on their that will go D1, not to mention the best special teams in the state. I know Maryville has guys like Stewart and Rouse...but BA has a qb, 3 runningbacks, a go to receiver, the best field goal kicker and punter in the state, and a tight end that is a man among boys. Itwould be a dandy, and either team would beat either team. I better stop there before all these MHS guys start complaining.

That 9-11 comment was the worst excuse I have ever seen. If anything it put things in perspective and made kids (like myself) feel special and priveledged to play, not sorry for themselves. That is horrible, be glad that yall came back and whipped West, thats what a true champion does, he always tries to improve, and never gives up, he doesn't make excuses when he loses at home especially when the other team could say the exact same thing.

Hey! I thought that 9-11 excuse was crazy also! Morristown West went down to Maryville last year and beat us! They outplayed Maryville and deserved to win.

Maryville came back and beat Morristown in the playoffs because Maryville outplayed them.

This will turn out to be a great series as long as Quarles and Woods stay at Maryville and Mo west.

With Woods at Mo West!I predict one day Mo west will win a state title. Maryville and Mo West are a lot alike! Both teams are well coached and play a lot of players.

I personnally would like to see BA and Maryville play. BA always has good talent. I know in '78 they had Wally Knox and I believe they had Kent Austin who both went to Ole Miss. BA and Maryville have played only 2 times with Maryville winning both 2-A title games. In '76 Maryville won 27-0 and in '78 the Red Rebels prevailed in a good game 21-14. Probably not too many teams who can they own a series lead on BA, even though they've only met twice. Go Rebs.

whatever maryville was dealing with over 9/11 so was mo west. i left that game knowing that morristown west had outplayed us plain and simple. this has been a good thread. but i and most maryville people have a great deal of respect for west. they are the real deal. i know the players and coaches feel the same. it is very hard to beat a good team twice in a season and that loss gave us an advantage in the rematch i think. not so much the revenge factor just finding things you need to do differently next time. i would not be surprised at all to see maryville and mo west playing in the semis again this year at maryville. this thread proves what we all know and love. the season is upon us! best of luck to mo west. hope you guys stay healthy and we have another good game. or two?

Guest caligula

To make a 9/11 excuse is to say that Maryville is more American than West, and that is not right. Any Maryville "always" has to play WB and Heritage, and now West, so the BA might be likely maybe some years from now. But, I still think that they can beat anyone. In case you haven't noticed, Maryville doesn't send a bazillion players on to the next level but they are still able to win titles. This shows that their chemistry and coaching is beyond most programs, and M'west fans dissing Maryville is like Nelly trying to battle KRS-One. Anyway I really respect M'west because they have great athletics and pretty girls, but Maryville can/will beat them, Hillsboro, BA, and whoever else they ever go against.

I put the word "excuse" in quotations for a reason, and that was becuase I really don't consider it an excuse. Everyone takes tragedies differently and Maryville was just not prepared to play Morristown West that week, plain and simple! I don't know if 9/11 had anything to do with it, but it MIGHT have. Mo-West might have looked at it as a reason to play harder whereas Maryville might have looked at it as a grieving time and a time not to play. I am just saying that is a possiblity, not that it actually had an outcome on the game. I respect Mo-West to the highest level and I congratulate them for the win, and I don't take anything away from them! No I do not make up excuses for why we lose every game, we lose because the other team on that given night and week wanted it more and played harder. I just don't think we were 100 percent that week, maybe Mo-West wasn't either but it doesn't matter they came out and socked it to us and put an W in their win column. Once again I congratulate Mo-West for the win and I am looking forward to playing them again this year!

Guest fbwiz

hey,i would have loved to see the trojans win a state championship last yr but of course it didn't happen.honestly,it won't happen for a least the next 3 yrs.as for last yr.,maryville was by far the superior team.everybody talks about how the trojans beat them in the regular season.well,that was a fluke.in week 2,cocke co. beat the trojans and everybody would agree morr.west should have beaten them by 4-6 tds.the only edge morr.had over maryville was in the linebacking corps.every where else,maryville was much better,period.the only teams that might have been as good as the rebs last yr.was hillsborough & riverdale.as for this yr,on this side of the country,only greeneville has a shot at knocking off maryville.

Guest trojanball4

fbwiz you are on some serious stuff. i grant you maryville took it to us in that mud bowl. you are taking everything in the world away from us during the regular season. maryville never once was dominating the game during wests win. and up in greeneville the only way you all had kept it close was because we only had 7 regular starters on defense playin that night. the rest were sick including myself. some of us didnt even get to go to the game because we couldnt get enuff time to get off the pot, but i was there not dressed out. when you came to our house we were healthy and stomped you all 41-0. you all were never in the game. maryville may beat west this year but as for last year west win was by no means a fluke. a few maryville ppl may even be able to tell ya that.

Guest caligula

That win wasn't a fluke. Greenville though???????? Are they any good this year, they always have high expectations but end up getting waxed either by Elizabethon or Marvyville or whoever.