Can anyone beat MARYVILLE, and by who???

fayfay05

Guest trojanball4
Posted by mhs:

count me as another maryville supporter who also thinks AE has an excellent program that is on the upswing again. i use to work in the media in the mid 80's when leroy thompson and those guys were there. i got to visit with coach sam anderson one night prior to a game. he was a great guy and a good coach. i see similarities between him and stevens. also last year maryville played in the blue cross bowl right after austin east did. as the AE players were leaving the field i noticed several of them shaking hands and encouraging the maryville players which i thought was a real class act. i hope we both get to see each other again this year in murfreesboro.

oh yea thats real funny. huh nah i dont think its funny in the least. the football team has no control over what the fans do. we do our talkin on the field and it shows. i promise you not one player from morristown west would do that. coach woods wouldnt allow it, and if woods did catch somebody doin that then they no doubt would be suspended for a game or maybe even off the team. the players have respect for not only woods but the entire coachin staff and i promise not a trojan football player would do that

• 12 years later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree any team is beatable, including Maryville. A lot goes into a good team. Chemistry, staying healthy, no turnovers, luck, staying hungry, etc. all add to the making of a good team. How Rouse plays this season is the key to Maryville's offense. Finding a leader on defense to replace Colton, is the key to the defense imo. As for Maryville being the best team or not that is up for conjecture, but Mako apparently didn't see the 4-A championship game last year. Maryville's depth simply wore out Hillsboro's Defense and Stewart and company ran wild in the 4th quarter. Stewart had a TD called back plus Maryville was on Hillsboro's 8 gettin' ready to stick another one in the end zone when they kneed it down to kill the clock. As far as AC they beat Maryville once in '97. Otherwise Maryville has owned them. Go Rebs.

This post is hard to understand