Living my Life Through You Kid by JV Dad Out of Control

ksgovols

To the tune of 'Trying to Live my Life Without You' by Bob Seger. A catchy tune.

Inspired by, well, we know who we are. Guilty as charged.

Triggered at a JV game last night. Punch him? Really?

Trying to Live my Life Through You Kid

I used to dip 2 cans of Skoal every day

It was the hardest thing to put them away

I watched four or five games every week

Like a bug coming to the ball field lights heat.

Breaking those habits will be hard to do

But nothing prepared me for the changes

That you put me through

Tryin' to live my life through you kid

Its the hardest thing I'll ever do

Trying to watch a game I can't play

Spending time on coacht every day

I had the worst reputation in town

For chasin' every game that's around

I thought changin' my way of livin' was hard to do

But theres nothing could prepare me for

the changes you put me through

I've done everything I've done for you

To get you to do the things I could not do

Trying to watch a game I can't play

Hanging out at sporting goods stores every day

Try and forget the love for the game

Not enough private lessons must be the blame

Hardest thing I'll ever do

Trying to find the best travel team in the state

Don't worry about your prom date

Tell me what your kid can do.

He's a player. He's got all 5 tools.

Thanks. I wish I had the Silver Bullet Band in the background. It's better when you know the tune. :roflol:

The really sad part is that a JV Dad is screaming at a kid in an 11-5 game that won't even make the coacht scoreboard. What's gonna happen if his kid ever makes varsity? I never thought security was required at a JV tournament, but I've changed my tune on that too. A pathetic display to say the least. His kid won't likely ever forget it.

Why KS a poet and didn't know it. I am most impressed with your song writing ability. A career change perhaps?????

That's awesome. When I was growing up I didn't get to play little league except for one year. I was given a choice later on to play one sport and I chose football. I had to wait until the 7th grade in order to play. I lived on a farm & we had too much work to do. Ball playing had to wait until all of the work was done. Later in life,(when I had my own children) I said that I would let my kids play whatever they wanted to, because I didn't get to play ball as much as I wanted too growing up. We (my family) have traveled to several other states playing ball with our children. My oldest (daughter) is now in college (no longer playing) and my 2 sons (10th & 8th Grade) are down to 2 sports each. I have truly been blessed with games now. My kids have brought me the most joy a person could ever ask for. I have been wondering what I will do once the other two finish playing. I still have the farm I guess I'll have to go back to work.

Why KS a poet and didn't know it. I am most impressed with your song writing ability. A career change perhaps?????

You know where to send the royalties Coachcutt. :thumb:

Really, it could be about alot of us, but mostly it's about this one jerk from Overton who needs to grow up. I hope he has a coacht account.............and can read.

WCHSgrad. Tom Haney was the coach in my life growing up in Columbia that influenced me the most. His rules were 'no swimming on game day' but he'd work me in a hay field or tobacco barn all day and then pitch me that night. I said, "Coach, you won't let me go swimming but you'll work me like a dog before a ball game?" 'You're a country boy, you can take it. You can go swimming after the ball game.'

• 4 years later...

A blast from the past!

I'm bringing this one up after a middle school basketball game last night where one of the adults on Fairview's side was waving bye-bye to the opposing team after a close game and his female counterpart leading an anti-Harpeth cheer afterwards.  During the game from behind the benches, they were verbally razzing 14 year old boys.  Middle school.  Adults.  Hard to comprehend.

Not student sections, not peer groups, the dang adults.  I feel sorry for them.  Good job Big Man!  You did Fairview Middle proud!

Edited by ksgovols
  • Upvote 2

A blast from the past!

I'm bringing this one up after a middle school basketball game last night where one of the adults on Fairview's side was waving bye-bye to the opposing team after a close game and his female counterpart leading an anti-Harpeth cheer afterwards.  During the game from behind the benches, they were verbally razzing 14 year old boys.  Middle school.  Adults.  Hard to comprehend.

Not student sections, not peer groups, the dang adults.  I feel sorry for them.  Good job Big Man!  You did Fairview Middle proud!

And this is on a Baseball forum because....????  I'm confused!

I bumped the JV Dad out of control thread from a baseball post in 2010.  You can't move the thread and the rant applies regardless of sport.

Dads that show up kids on athletic fields and gyms need to grow their own pair of gonads and quit living their lives vicariously through their kids.  I always include the name of the school of the offending adult because...........they should know how their school is represented, most of the time without the schools knowledge.  Video would be better, but that's always the case.

Reading the last post of a thread without reading the rest of the thread will mislead you most of the time.  It's what?  2 pages long?