TSSAA D1 High School Wrestling State Rankings Are In

trickk

A couple notes for you guys,

First off, the new site is AWESOME!!

Caleb Little from Indy is at 140, but if he was at 30, he defeated Churchill 8-1 last season in the region tourney.

Jeremy Miller from Greenback is not wrestling as he moved to Maryland.

Brennen Cox from Indy is at 45.

Edited by WrestlingGod

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything pre-season with any sport is usually pretty off and a total waste of time as far as being accurate(except for obvicious choices)like kids that wrestle year around and are undefeated or have one loss in 1 or 2 even 3 years...so take this pre-season poll argue and have fun with it...cause you only can make or should make a poll after a month or so...to give kids a tourney or two and matches to see win-loss records....and it doesn't matter anyway cause polls don't matter as far as state tourney goes anyway...so some of you idiots need to chill out.IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GET YOUR OWN WEBSITE AND TAKE ALL YOUR TIME AND MAKE YOUR ON POLL,if not shut-up and take it for what it is!!

Coach Trick you did these and are blaming these other guys...my son just text Ham and he says he had nothing to do with these that are up...just saying LOL

no Bias huh

103 5. Austin Stevison (Cleveland) Freshman -

112 4. Austin Oliver (Cleveland) Sophomore -

119 Joel Simpkins- Cleveland

125 5. Haden Hamilton (Cleveland) Sophomore

130 Brandon Strictland-Cleveland,

and i dont need to go any further with it

Hmmm actually to me most of these don't sound so bad...

Austin Stevison - If memory serves me he was the middle school state champ last year which usually puts you in the ranking conversation at 103 as a freshman. He had strong showings in the freestyle and greco-roman state tournaments as well so he definitely put in the summer work.

Austin Oliver - was last year's state runner-up at 103 and you think there is a problem with him being #4 at 112?

Joel Simpkins - Others to watch seems about right for a state qualifier who lost a close match at 112 last year in one of the deeper weights of that tournament.

Haden Hamilton - another one that seems about right at number 5. He was a state qualifier who was one match shy of placing. Every kid who did place at his weight last year is ranked above him or ranked at a different weight. He finished last season with a 37-8 record and had at least one win over someone that placed ahead of him last year... definitely someone I would consider rankable.

Brandon Strickland - Others to watch sounds about right here as well. He was a state qualifier who finished the season 28-12 with some solid wins mixed in there.

So where exactly are your complaints with the Cleveland kids coming from? I wasn't involved with the DI rankings but just couldn't see where exactly you were basing your complaints from. And I really hate to have to go into details like that on each kid on a message board so I hope they don't mind.

Edited by ghouse

Well whoever did them is a complete moron about wrestling in Tn.

I'm sure Coach Boskins is looking for a sparing partner for his mma training.

You know it took him a long time to go thru and give details of each rassler and I am glad that sissy boy from Blackman has finally stepped down from doing them. Just kidding Hamm.

bcb iii :flower:

Just for the record Josh the Irish lad will be at 119 at the end of the year and it wouldn't have been much fun to watch him against Mr Lewis

Just for the record Josh the Irish lad will be at 119 at the end of the year and it wouldn't have been much fun to watch him against Mr Lewis

OH, it is always fun to watch Little bcb.

A side note for BCB we will have 7 of our OLPHERS together next year. We need some help locating one or two more.

Hello. My name is Josh Bosken. I am currently the Higher Calling Youth coach in the Cleveland area, and was the asst. at Cleveland High for the past four years. For those of you who know me, you know that I love the sport of wrestling at all levels. With hopefully Hamms help, we are going to give to the state a "non-biased" list of rankings each week. I can understand how the pre-season rankings would seem biased, but thank you Garrett for clearing some of that up. Doing the pre-season rankings are hard because you have no information to base it on except the previous year. As the year progresses the wrestlers will fall into their final weights and they will become easier to rank. Stick with us throuhout the year, and feel free to email me with any mistakes I have made. On a side note, Stephen Petricca has spent NUMEROUS hours developing our new website. If you get a chance look through it because it is filled with wrestling material.

Yours in Wrestling,

Josh Bosken

Hello. My name is Josh Bosken. I am currently the Higher Calling Youth coach in the Cleveland area, and was the asst. at Cleveland High for the past four years. For those of you who know me, you know that I love the sport of wrestling at all levels. With hopefully Hamms help, we are going to give to the state a "non-biased" list of rankings each week. I can understand how the pre-season rankings would seem biased, but thank you Garrett for clearing some of that up. Doing the pre-season rankings are hard because you have no information to base it on except the previous year. As the year progresses the wrestlers will fall into their final weights and they will become easier to rank. Stick with us throuhout the year, and feel free to email me with any mistakes I have made. On a side note, Stephen Petricca has spent NUMEROUS hours developing our new website. If you get a chance look through it because it is filled with wrestling material.

Yours in Wrestling,

Josh Bosken

Bravo to Boskin, Hamm, and House for all their help.

cmonman, nothing here is stopping you from posting your own rankings. Go for it if you think the ones on this thread are biased. I am glad Josh is working with Hamm, although I do fear this will give more spare time to Hamm and result in more Hammisms on facebook!! :mrgreen:

ok, now thats funny, and soooo true