Got a high school football rule question?

footballref

Dang you Stinger!

I hear there is a new resturaunt up there called "The Creekbank"

If I ran in there on a Friday Night (during the season and a home game) with the chicken suit on, would I make it out alive?

:mrgreen:

:roflolk: I'd even treat you to one of them chili dogs Troll always talks about. :thumb: All joking aside...you can come to the creekbank anytime you please. Beverages on me!!!

• 2 months later...

Just got mine in the mail today. I have had a PDF copy for a while now.

Ok, since the "rule junkies" have their new copy of their version of Playboy I figure I will toss out a few easy ones and well as revisit one that still seems to cause some confusion.

1. QB from team A drops back to pass then rolls out. While OUTSIDE OF THE TACKLE BOX he sees that no one is open and tosses the ball PAST the line of scrimmage with no eligible receiver in the area. Legal or not?

2. Team A runs every play out of the shotgun. With time running out in the half they line up in the gun and the QB spikes the ball to stop the clock. Legal or not?

3. Team A is kicking off after a score. K1 kicks the ball to an open spot where no one from Team B is able to catch the ball. A2 rushes downfield and catches the ball in flight at Team B's 37. Who's ball? Where?

4. After making a tackle of A1, B1 gets up and removes his helmet on the field of play. Legal or not.

Just a few to start the day with.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

Ok, since the "rule junkies" have their new copy of their version of Playboy I figure I will toss out a few easy ones and well as revisit one that still seems to cause some confusion.

1. QB from team A drops back to pass then rolls out. While OUTSIDE OF THE TACKLE BOX he sees that no one is open and tosses the ball PAST the line of scrimmage with no eligible receiver in the area. Legal or not?

2. Team A runs every play out of the shotgun. With time running out in the half they line up in the gun and the QB spikes the ball to stop the clock. Legal or not?

3. Team A is kicking off after a score. K1 kicks the ball to an open spot where no one from Team B is able to catch the ball. A2 rushes downfield and catches the ball in flight at Team B's 37. Who's ball? Where?

4. After making a tackle of A1, B1 gets up and removes his helmet on the field of play. Legal or not.

Just a few to start the day with.

1 - grounding

2 - illegal

3 - kick catch interference. R can take an awarded fair catch at the spot of the KCI or they can back K up 15 yards and have them kick again

4 - to my knowledge there is no particular rule saying that a player removing his helmet on the field is a foul

Edited by footballref

1 - grounding

2 - illegal

3 - kick catch interference. R can take an awarded fair catch at the spot of the KCI or they can back K up 15 yards and have them kick again

4 - to my knowledge there is no particular rule saying that a player removing his helmet on the field is a foul

Told you they were easy. But many people still get some of these rules confused since they are the opposite of the NCAA rules.

Told you they were easy. But many people still get some of these rules confused since they are the opposite of the NCAA rules.

That is the main reason I started this thread is for the fans to get more acquainted with the rules. Maybe there are some coaches here too that may have questions.

Just because something happens on Saturday or Sunday does not mean anything on Friday.

Edited by footballref

• 4 months later...

Where in the rule book does it state when an offensive player hurdles an upright defensive player it is an unsportsman like conduct penalty. I know it is i just need chapter and verse.

Thanks

Rule 2-22 pg 31

It is a personal foul not unsportsmanlike conduct

Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump (hurdle) with one or both feet or

knees foremost over an opponent who is contacting the ground with no part of

his body except one or both feet.

Edited by footballref

Rule 2-22 pg 31

It is a personal foul not unsportsmanlike conduct

Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump (hurdle) with one or both feet or

knees foremost over an opponent who is contacting the ground with no part of

his body except one or both feet.

I thought it was a personal foul. I saw a CAK player hurdle a player last year and this year and both times it was called unsportmanlike conduct. Thanks for the help.