Got a high school football rule question?

footballref

I thought it was a personal foul. I saw a CAK player hurdle a player last year and this year and both times it was called unsportmanlike conduct. Thanks for the help.

It is also talked about in rule 9-4. This is under the illegal personal contact section. Below is the rule and penalty.

ART. 3 . . . No player or nonplayer shall:

d. Hurdle an opponent.

Ruling:

Other personal fouls (Arts. 3a through g) – (S38)- 15 yards

S38 means signal #38 and this is the personal foul signal.

It is also talked about in rule 9-4. This is under the illegal personal contact section. Below is the rule and penalty.

ART. 3 . . . No player or nonplayer shall:

d. Hurdle an opponent.

Ruling:

Other personal fouls (Arts. 3a through g) – (S38)- 15 yards

S38 means signal #38 and this is the personal foul signal.

Thanks so much. I'm new to the board and this is probably a stupid question. Are you an official?

Since things are slow I'll ask another question. I have been watching games where the band will play during a snap. This past week in Cookeville I saw an official stop play as the offense came to the line of scrimmage and pointed at the band for them to stop. But I watched other championship games and the band played the whole time including snaps. What is the rule?

Thanks

Since things are slow I'll ask another question. I have been watching games where the band will play during a snap. This past week in Cookeville I saw an official stop play as the offense came to the line of scrimmage and pointed at the band for them to stop. But I watched other championship games and the band played the whole time including snaps. What is the rule?

Thanks

I'm unclear on the actual rule, but I know that when Kingston came to Knoxville last year their band would play the entire time CAK had the ball, and boy what a band....good and very very loud. :thumb: The officials at that game advised the CAK coaching staff that if anything were to be done about it that the schools game administrator would have to go tell the band to stop. Then if the band refused they could have security remove them from the stadium. Of course that didn't happen. At a neutral site like the championship game maybe that burden falls on the officials, I really don't know.

Thanks

To my knowledge there is no rule covering anything like this. As FootballDad says this would be up to the game administration to put a stop to it. The philosophy I have seen used previously by officials is that as long as they are not blowing whistles there is nothing we can do about it.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...