District 9-AAA

adbsnap

I agree looking at their roster they are young, and my post are not a slight on the current players. But I have watched Allen coach for many years, he had some talent at Hillsboro, my mom could coach talent.

When I see a kid come in as a freshman who is so dominate with his left hand that he cannot shoot a layup from the right side of the goal, and 4 years later he still cannot shoot a laying with his right hand.... that my friend is not a good coach...

The fundementals of the game are not taught. Most of the best basketball players in recent years have been on the baseball team :)

Listen, you are entitled to your opinion. Not sure why you are deeply upset with Coach Allen but I suggest to discuss it with him not bash him on social media. Maybe all kids should be ambidextrous but all kids are not cut out to play high school basketball even if they are good at it. Some just choose to do other things like baseball. Don't know the details of all cases but it is easy to point fingers at a coach for a child's or even parent's issues. Also, Chowbay's high school basketball career is done at two schools now. Are you blaming Coach Allen for this? What is your beef? ...and I don't even support Mt Juliet. Edited by TheRealTruth

He played football at Mt. Juliet for 4 yrs. He played basketball for three years. Evidently there was friction between him and Coach Allen. I do not know all the details. He was not allowed (or he chose not to return) to play basketball this season. Right after football season was over, he moved to Wilson Central's zone, withdrew from Mt. Juliet and enrolled at Central. He played several basketball games at Central. From here the details get sketchy. A few weeks ago he allegedly shows up at a Mt. Juliet game under the influence and was arrested.

Certainly if anyone is breaking the law, they should be arrested, at any age.   But to your statement

'I have a lot of respect for Coach Allen, especially after seeing how the Chowbay deal unfolded"

How specifically did Coach Allen handle the "chowbay deal" 

Listen, you are entitled to your opinion. Not sure why you are deeply upset with Coach Allen but I suggest to discuss it with him not bash him on social media. Maybe all kids should be ambidextrous but all kids are not cut out to play high school basketball even if they are good at it. Some just choose to do other things like baseball. Don't know the details of all cases but it is easy to point fingers at a coach for a child's or even parent's issues. Also, Chowbay's high school basketball career is done at two schools now. Are you blaming Coach Allen for this? What is your beef? ...and I don't even support Mt Juliet.

The real truth is all I'm looking for.   Again so that we are clear, I have no one in the MJ program ( thank god) . And I am merely pointing out the fact that Troy Allen is a subpar High school basketball coach...   I would like to see MJ have a better coach... and in the past I have talked to Mr. Allen and would be open to talking to him again.  Nothing to hide here.

As far as the Chowbay player, I do not know the details , I am in no way blaming Troy Allen  for what happened in the Chowbay case.  I am simply pointing out the flaws in his coaching abilities. I have not and will not comment on a minor.

Edited by FightinIllini

The real truth is all I'm looking for.   Again so that we are clear, I have no one in the MJ program ( thank god) . And I am merely pointing out the fact that Troy Allen is a subpar High school basketball coach...   I would like to see MJ have a better coach... and in the past I have talked to Mr. Allen and would be open to talking to him again.  Nothing to hide here.

As far as the Chowbay player, I do not know the details , I am in no way blaming Troy Allen  for what happened in the Chowbay case.  I am simply pointing out the flaws in his coaching abilities. I have not and will not comment on a minor.

I am confused. First you ask for details about a minor's situation and then you say you will not comment on a minor? So what you are saying is "I will not comment on a minor but I want you to do so? Hypocrite. The bottom line is that the student athlete in question is no longer a high school athlete.

If you want to know the details of the situation try asking the people involved instead of getting on here and getting second hand information.

As far as Coach Allen is concerned he does a good job with what he has. Some coaches are willing to put up with prima donnas and some are not. For some, winning is more important than teaching character (or leading by example). There is more to coaching than wins and losses.

Riddle me this: name any, ANY coach in Mt. Juliet boys basketball history that won a district title. It is a fact that they have never made the state tournament in the nearly 100 year history of the school. You guys act like Mt. Juliet boys basketball is some sort of powerhouse.

Tell MP congratulations for me. RB also.

As far as Coach Allen is concerned he does a good job with what he has. Some coaches are willing to put up with prima donnas and some are not. For some, winning is more important than teaching character (or leading by example). There is more to coaching than wins and losses.

Well said.

The real truth is all I'm looking for. Again so that we are clear, I have no one in the MJ program ( thank god) . And I am merely pointing out the fact that Troy Allen is a subpar High school basketball coach... I would like to see MJ have a better coach... and in the past I have talked to Mr. Allen and would be open to talking to him again. Nothing to hide here.

As far as the Chowbay player, I do not know the details , I am in no way blaming Troy Allen for what happened in the Chowbay case. I am simply pointing out the flaws in his coaching abilities. I have not and will not comment on a minor.

I think we have been clear the whole time. None of your comments tell any reason why you have issues with Coach Allen. You apparently have no child in the program and know nothing of the kids that had left the team but, you are "simply pointing out the flaws in his coaching abilities" which is what? Again, what are your issues with him and why have you come to such a great analysis of his abilities? Are you trying to get his job? Do you have somebody you know in mind that wants his job? Are you a friend of a parent? Have you seen him conduct practices? Do you have anything to do with Mt Juliet high school? Edited by TheRealTruth

I am confused. First you ask for details about a minor's situation and then you say you will not comment on a minor? So what you are saying is "I will not comment on a minor but I want you to do so? Hypocrite. The bottom line is that the student athlete in question is no longer a high school athlete.

If you want to know the details of the situation try asking the people involved instead of getting on here and getting second hand information.

Riddle me this: name any, ANY coach in Mt. Juliet boys basketball history that won a district title. It is a fact that they have never made the state tournament in the nearly 100 year history of the school. You guys act like Mt. Juliet boys basketball is some sort of powerhouse.

Tell MP congratulations for me. RB also.

If you read the posts trebs started the Chowbay thread, I did not start that.  I dis ask what all  the hub bub was about... I should not have mentioned it.   Your right MJ basketball has never been a contender,  But they always seem to under achieve.    You really think Allen has character ?  I can give serveral exampls of his lack of character......and who is MP and RB?