South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

SP needs to take this week and next week to get healthy. I would expect a lot of freshman to play in this game after half. After reflecting back on the Signal game and I know a lot of people will disagree, but I think our defense played pretty well. Think about it, we forced Signal Mountain into 10 4th downs and 3 or longer. They converted 3 with a run and the other 5 with a pass. Yes they could have closed the deal, but Phillips was a D1 prospect for a reason and made the throws he had to when he had to. I think they are getting better every game.

Guest Purplepastry

You mountain billies need to mind your own business up there to make sure that Childress man doesn't come around again. You obviously don't know much about the geography of the county and comprehend the bus routes that would be needed for Marion County schools. They would have to run from Gord Neck, to The Pocket, Hog Jaw Valley, Griffith's Creek, Suck Creek, Orme, White Side, Hale Town, Mullens Cove, Condra's Switch.

Then the student teacher ratios would need to be maintained anyway and what these Mega Schools do is allow this to be more easily violated. As far as the B.S. talking points about a mega consolidated school do better athletically and academically very often fails to pan out. You forget that Sissy Mtn was a consolidation but a new school.

Lastly, there would always be issues with who coached what and who's kids played. Jasper Daddy ball would be in a constant up roar.

what?

why do you jasper people make quotes on our posts?i stay off your posts as far as quotes because i really dont CARE about Jasper.you people are like Groupies.

Old Pirate spoke with an old pal Brad Carter this week and we compared Professer Beene info. Brad taught at Jasper and scouted for the Warriors during his time teaching school. Them Jasper folkes is a special breed - non studable.....lol. Brad talked about the early teams in the sixties and some players. 46 on 2, how many games did your senior class lose and to who during your playing days?

Practical point, you just said you would like to go back and meet me which proves my point. I don't think that would be a good idea in any era my fiesty little friend. Dream on, Dream on, Dream on, Dream on, Dream until your dream comes true.

I'm not your friend and I'm sure not little. Study your enemies before you run your mouth too much. All you have to do is look for the biggest Pirate in Jasper my fiesty little friend

SP needs to take this week and next week to get healthy. I would expect a lot of freshman to play in this game after half. After reflecting back on the Signal game and I know a lot of people will disagree, but I think our defense played pretty well. Think about it, we forced Signal Mountain into 10 4th downs and 3 or longer. They converted 3 with a run and the other 5 with a pass. Yes they could have closed the deal, but Phillips was a D1 prospect for a reason and made the throws he had to when he had to. I think they are getting better every game.

EXACTLY POWERP! I SEE IT THE SAME WAY. TO ADD A BIT TO THAT DEFENSE DID STOP THEM ON AT LEAST ONE OR MAYBE TWO 4TH DOWNS. I WAS PROUD OF THESE GUYS- THEY PLAYED HARD FOR 4 HARD COMPLETE QTR'S AND ON TOP OF THAT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL- HOW MANY OF SIGNAL'S BOYS PLAYED BOTH SIDES? THE PASSES MADE THE DIFFERENCE-I REALLY FEEL THAT WILL CHANGE OR IMPROVEDEFENSIVELY BEFORE SEASON'S END-

Chicken Man, it better improve if they want to have a chance at Boyd, Polk, Grace, Greenback or Gordonsville. Much work to do in pirate land if they want any kind of shot at the gold this year. Right now, it's Gordonsville's to lose. I feel like the four best teams in 1A are..

Gordonsville

Greenback

South Pitt

Huntingdon

In that order

Powerp, what kind of mess is this. That Stone mans defence gave up 55 points. I garuntee you if a team scores 55 points on us, we will get beat. Grider better tell that Stone man he needs to practice 4 th down defence. That Price man got 8 out of 10 on 4 th down. You think im joking but im not.

Guest Purplepastry

I'm not your friend and I'm sure not little. Study your enemies before you run your mouth too much. All you have to do is look for the biggest Pirate in Jasper my fiesty little friend

ditto

Edited by Purplepastry

Chicken Man, it better improve if they want to have a chance at Boyd, Polk, Grace, Greenback or Gordonsville. Much work to do in pirate land if they want any kind of shot at the gold this year. Right now, it's Gordonsville's to lose. I feel like the four best teams in 1A are..

Gordonsville

Greenback

South Pitt

Huntingdon

In that order

you really think gorsonvillw can slow us down.

Yes, Gordonsville will slow SP down. They did last year didn't they? So Pitt will not face an offense again like they saw Friday night. 6'3 athletic receivers, 6'0 270 lb FB, RBs that run like deer and a QB going to big time football. If they do then they are in trouble. Gordonsville will have a much better defense and a slightly less explosive offense. That's IF SP even makes it that far. That possible game is a long way off.

Edited by TheAmbassador