Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

• Please log in to reply
    200 replies to this topic

#201 gcfball

gcfball

Contender

• Members
    • 918 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

I do not believe that Betsy fans are the only ones who complain about officiating. I cannot recall watching a ballgame when I was for a particular team or just there to enjoy a game with no special interest that I have not seen missed calls on both sides of the court. It can be extremely frustrating and people in general tend to recall the missed calls that hurt their team more than the other but you don't win or lose on a single call - it takes an entire game. The same goes for the Elizabethton/Grainger game - the officiating was terrible. The complaint regarding Grainger's actions that night was that several parents were saying things to the Elizabethton players after the game while pictures were being taken - that was uncalled for. I would say the same if it had been Elizabethton fans saying things to Grainger players. I have at times seen/heard our fans say and do things and I was ashamed for them. Even the students at times say and do things they shouldn't but they are kids - adults should know better.

CycloneMom nothing I posted was directed towards you. You are sincere and relevant in your posts.

Spirit Style Chooser: