Clint's Line in the Sand?

Not complicated..when football was five classes, regular season and playoffs, it was a completely different divide than basketball. Now both are three class regular season, same districts, even if schools don't have football and it's the cause of some of the issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure hope that Trousdale draws Goodpasture in some first round post season district action. Will he force his teams to forfiet those games too? If he does not, he is a hypocrite of the worst kind.

What this clown is sayiing is that his schools teams are not good enough so we are not even going to try. THAT really sets a good example for the youth.

Refusing to play a district opponant should result in strong penalties from the TSSAA. JMO

I sure hope that Trousdale draws Goodpasture in some first round post season district action. Will he force his teams to forfiet those games too? If he does not, he is a hypocrite of the worst kind.

What this clown is sayiing is that his schools teams are not good enough so we are not even going to try. THAT really sets a good example for the youth.

Refusing to play a district opponant should result in strong penalties from the TSSAA. JMO

Your opinion sux. and you know nothing. so just shut up.

Goodpasture was placed in 1A via a technical "loophole". Enrollment x multiplier = AA, then comes the "football is king" rule about moving more than one classification (can't have that!) except that now true 1A schools in all other sports have to play against a school who's numbers constitute that they should be in a higher classification...and well into that class too, there are more than just a few with smaller numbers playing in AA.

No, what he is saying is that Goodpasture should not be in his district because they play by different rules. And I agree with him. It's very simple...publics should be in Division I and privates should be in Division II.

Refusing to play a district opponEnt in this case is a commendable form of protest. Maybe the TSSAA will do something about this, but I doubt it.

No, what he is saying is that Goodpasture should not be in his district because they play by different rules. And I agree with him. It's very simple...publics should be in Division I and privates should be in Division II.

Refusing to play a district opponEnt in this case is a commendable form of protest. Maybe the TSSAA will do something about this, but I doubt it.

So since both you and Satterfield agree, TC should just feel free to ignore the governing authority and make its own rules? How sweet is that?? If I and my spouse agree that the income tax is unfair, should we just refuse to pay it and consider it a "commendable form of protest"? How 'bout if my buddy and I agree that our favorite bar charges too much for beer - does that give us the right to just take it? Should Gordonsville refuse to play TC in football since TC has more students? Should RBS refuse to play everybody because they get beat a lot? I think not on all of these, including Satterfield's threat. Anarchy results when everyone decides to follow their own rules of "fairness". Life is not always fair - successful people learn to overcome whatever obstacles they find between them and their goals. Sadly, those in charge at TC apparently believe that taking their ball and going home is the best way to deal with potential adversity. How sad that they don't support their own kids enough to teach them to rise above.

Edited by RedRobin

So since both you and Satterfield agree, TC should just feel free to ignore the governing authority and make its own rules? How sweet is that?? If I and my spouse agree that the income tax is unfair, should we just refuse to pay it and consider it a "commendable form of protest"? How 'bout if my buddy and I agree that our favorite bar charges too much for beer - does that give us the right to just take it? Should Gordonsville refuse to play TC in football since TC has more students? Should RBS refuse to play everybody because they get beat a lot? I think not on all of these, including Satterfield's threat. Anarchy results when everyone decides to follow their own rules of "fairness". Life is not always fair - successful people learn to overcome whatever obstacles they find between them and their goals. Sadly, those in charge at TC apparently believe that taking their ball and going home is the best way to deal with potential adversity. How sad that they don't support their own kids enough to teach them to rise above.

I can't personally confirm this, but ole SlimShady says that Clint is backing off of his statement and will now "schedule" Goodpasture in all sports. What he has not answered is whether scheduling means they will show up and play. I think he may have learned that the fines the TSSAA would impose would be heavy. Maybe someone in the know can confirm or deny.

I think that TC has every right to make a statement. By not playing Goodpasture, they are taking a loss. Teams forfeit for various reasons every season in every sport. This is a forfeit with a message. They take the loss, but their message will hopefully be heard loud and clear.

Anyway, your analogies are way off base. You can choose to stop paying income tax anytime that you please (if you can handle the consequences). TC is taking the consequences that comes with their decision, so would you be willing to go to jail to make your statement?

If your buddy and you agree that your favorite bar charges too much for beer, then you two can choose to not go there anymore. TC is choosing to not play Goodpasture anymore.

Gordonsville and RBS should both keep playing the same teams they play as long as they play by the same rules. It's not about enrollment or wins and losses. It is a fundamental difference in the institutions themselves that is the issue here.

It's not about rising above adversity either. It's about making a political statement in the best way that they know how. I think that it is brave of Satterfield to stand up to the TSSAA in this fashion (if he follows through with his proposal). Just sitting back and idly taking whatever the TSSAA dishes out is sending a pretty bad message to the kids at TC if you ask me.