Greenfield coach hired at Henry County

HCFan

How much does the travel wear down Henry Co once the district tournament season gets going? There have to be times when they play 2-3 games away from Paris, and the closest school is Northwest, which is a good 45 minute drive.  That makes for some very late nights, and has to have an impact on their performance as the season wears on, doesn't it?

Possibly some, but 15-18 year old kids shouldn't have much of a problem with travel. HC has been playing Clarksville schools since the beginning of time. They should be in the top 4 of the district regularly.

Last year started 0-8 and 2 of those were Stewart Co and Camden. Not knocking those two schools, but HC should not be loosing to them, or McKenzie, or South Gibson.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see the boys' program get some stability. Seems like the girls have really taken off lately since Curd took over. They've had some good talent of late as well.

What is the talent situation for the guys right now and going forward?

Well stability is not what you will be getting with the newly hired Coach Greer. I mean good grief...has he coached anywhere longer than 3 years?? He has coached at every school in West TN it seems like. He tried to claim when he took the Westview job that he was settling in Martin and would be in it for the long run and then is gone in two years. Yes, his first year at Westview he took them to the state tournament but he walked into a gold mine and I think anybody that filled that position that year could have taken them to state with the talent they had! Hopefully y'all will have better luck with him than any of his past schools but I wouldn't hold my breath!

I'm sure he will land on his feet. He seemed to do okay that last year we had Donaldson. HC basketball is not an easy job competing against that Montgomery County talent every year. I thought Coach Wilkins a few years ago did about as well as one could ask, and he had some very good players to work with. A coach can win at HC, but it wouldn't hurt to get another string of good players like we had from circa '05-'09.

He has landed