Lebanon High School

wingman10

My guess is Purvis gets the job if he wants it. I don't think Caven or Atwood are interested, at least I hope not. Selfishly, I love having them coach my sons at FCS...

There will be no shortage of applicants due to the new school and facilities. It will be interesting to see who applies...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the world would MP want the Lebanon job? Talk about a challenge.... Lebanon is a long long way from being competitive.. I think they have better players than they have had in the past, however there is no support system like at MJ.. The school administration, the booster club the town it's self.

JMHO

Why in the world would MP want the Lebanon job? Talk about a challenge.... Lebanon is a long long way from being competitive.. I think they have better players than they have had in the past, however there is no support system like at MJ.. The school administration, the booster club the town it's self.

JMHO

Because he wants to coach? And he isn't going to get to do that at MJ.....ever again.

And because he can easily transfer teaching positions within the same county. LHS would be a great situation. There is no pressure to win, they are terrible. He can easily overachieve, and be a hero.

Ask Coach Carter how much he likes walking into that juggernaut MJ program? With the expectations, booster club, and 15 asst. coaching parents. That's not worth the headache.

Edited by 2minutedrill

Because he wants to coach? And he isn't going to get to do that at MJ.....ever again.

And because he can easily transfer teaching positions within the same county. LHS would be a great situation. There is no pressure to win, they are terrible. He can easily overachieve, and be a hero.

Ask Coach Carter how much he likes walking into that juggernaut MJ program? With the expectations, booster club, and 15 asst. coaching parents. That's not worth the headache.

As usual you local yokals have it all wrong...if I know Darren Brown...and I do...his first call was to Greg Shelton in Russellville,KY. Brown wants KY around him. He proved that with the football hire and boys basketball will be next. You can make book on it.

As usual you local yokals have it all wrong...if I know Darren Brown...and I do...his first call was to Greg Shelton in Russellville,KY. Brown wants KY around him. He proved that with the football hire and boys basketball will be next. You can make book on it.

Shelton is probably interested. Problem is he lives in Kentucky, and I don't see him commuting or wanting to move. I know he was miserable this year and the job he left for wasn't what it was made out to be.

Shelton is probably interested. Problem is he lives in Kentucky, and I don't see him commuting or wanting to move. I know he was miserable this year and the job he left for wasn't what it was made out to be.

The key for Shelton is does he have his 27 in KY. That is the magic number. If so he draws a check there and a full check here. Brown is a smooth operator and a great administrator. Now he may turn his attention to boys basketball. Could you just imagine former Warren Central and Hall of Fame coach Tim Riley coaching boys basketball at LHS? If Brown can pull it off look for another coaching change.

Because he wants to coach? And he isn't going to get to do that at MJ.....ever again. ( I would not be so sure)

And because he can easily transfer teaching positions within the same county. ( agreed) LHS would be a great situation. (disagree) There is no pressure to win, ( agreed) they are terrible. He can easily overachieve, and be a hero. ( a hero at lebanon)

Ask Coach Carter how much he likes walking into that juggernaut MJ program? ( I have asked him) With the expectations, booster club, and 15 asst. coaching parents. That's not worth the headache. ( Then maybe Carter should have thought of those expectations before he took the job)

Illini, I don't know that Purvis wants the job or not. I was just saying I believe it would be his if he wants it...

I could care less who Lebanon gets, but those poor kids deserve some stability. 11th coach in 20 years? What a mess.

As far as Greg Shelton, he is a legend. Coach Shelton is a fine coach, but would he really have interest driving to Lebanon? I haven't spoken to him since last Fall

Purvis is never going to get another chance to coach at MJ. He already has 2 strikes and is lucky to even have a teaching job. After his 1st mishap, he is fortunate that it was swept under the rug.

While LHS is terrible at baseball, if he comes in there and overachieves he could do very well there. LHS's baseball job is obviously not the level of MJ, and you probably has less rift-raft to deal with.

As for Coach Carter at MJ........Nobody can be prepared for the dynamics of some of these high pressure programs. Not worth the headache for a coaching supplement to deal with fundraising, the boosters, and the crazy parents. Wouldn't be suprised to see him heading to TSSAA............

As for Shelton, I am pretty sure he has his years in in Kentucky. I could not imagine him commuting to Lebanon everyday.

With the new school and facilities, LHS is very appealing from the outside. They have been irrelevant in the big 3 sports for almost the last decade, and think they are making strides to change the landscape. Bringing in Sam Harp to coach football was the 1st step. If he can't win in Lebanon, then the place will become a graveyard for high school coaches.

Purvis is never going to get another chance to coach at MJ. He already has 2 strikes and is lucky to even have a teaching job. After his 1st mishap, he is fortunate that it was swept under the rug.

While LHS is terrible at baseball, if he comes in there and overachieves he could do very well there. LHS's baseball job is obviously not the level of MJ, and you probably has less rift-raft to deal with.

As for Coach Carter at MJ........Nobody can be prepared for the dynamics of some of these high pressure programs. Not worth the headache for a coaching supplement to deal with fundraising, the boosters, and the crazy parents. Wouldn't be suprised to see him heading to TSSAA............

As for Shelton, I am pretty sure he has his years in in Kentucky. I could not imagine him commuting to Lebanon everyday.

With the new school and facilities, LHS is very appealing from the outside. They have been irrelevant in the big 3 sports for almost the last decade, and think they are making strides to change the landscape. Bringing in Sam Harp to coach football was the 1st step. If he can't win in Lebanon, then the place will become a graveyard for high school coaches.

You make some good points, I think I might be one of those crazy MJ parents.... :) Actually I think MJ over achieved this season..... defense and pitching were fine, hitting was never there.

So if Carter leaves for TSSAA ...MJ is looking for another coach as well.... I hear 3 assistants have stepped down.

Honestly, Coach Carter did a pretty good job of it......the expectations are high there.

Edited by FightinIllini