District 3A and 4A Summer 2013

Cookevegas3

I saw Grace, Oliver Springs, and Oakdale at Karns team camp. Grace beat Catholic's varsity by 2 and I saw them beat Lenior City by 12. Grace shoots the three very well good size too. It'll be a long year for the Bobcats and Eagles. Oliver Springs lost to Catholic (who played 4 freshman and a junior transfer for a majority of the game by 29) and Oakdale lost to Catholic's freshman team by 30.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Harriman will surprise alot of people this year. Given the fact they lost Xavier, they still have quite a bit of talent plus a great add-on with freshman John Johnson who can just about do it all. Harriman has a few very critical pieces that need to play out over the summer, and if they do they should be right there fighting for their 4th district championship in 5 years!

The same John Johnson who use to play with the Tennessee Vision? I've seen John Johnson in AAU with the Legends and I don't see what he does that's considered a difference maker for Harriman. You're talking about replacing Xavier Howard and he scored a lot of points last year (I heard somewhere that he scored 50 twice). That's a lot to put on an incoming freshman. Just let John be himself and try not to make comparisons, he will do just fine during his basketball career at Harriman.

Edited by QSouth89

• 3 weeks later...

The same John Johnson who use to play with the Tennessee Vision? I've seen John Johnson in AAU with the Legends and I don't see what he does that's considered a difference maker for Harriman. You're talking about replacing Xavier Howard and he scored a lot of points last year (I heard somewhere that he scored 50 twice). That's a lot to put on an incoming freshman. Just let John be himself and try not to make comparisons, he will do just fine during his basketball career at Harriman.

John will be fine. No assumption was made at all, except for the fact that he can play.Yes, with his potential he could end up being better than Xavier was. I don't expect him to come up and be an all-state player his freshman year or anything but given his potential and what he's done so far, there's no reason not to think he won't do big things at Harriman! Edited by olerockyrebel

• 1 month later...

Any way too early predictions?

District 4

1. Jellico  - Have most of last year's team back, potential best player in district in PG Bowlin.

2. Oneida - Lost several, but return West (could be district MVP too) and good JV team.

3t. Oliver Springs - Returns 2 starters and good JV players from last year. 

3t. Coalfield - Has Hill (maybe MVP) inside, and good supporting cast. 

5. Oakdale - Were a young team last year, still young now, but should avoid being last this year.

6t. Wartburg - Lost a ton, must rebuild/reload with little experience returning.

6t. Sunbright - Also lost a lot from last year, and will need to rebuild with the few experience pieces left.

MVP candidates:

PG Bowlin Jellico

G West  Oneida

Post Hill  Coalfield

Others ready for big years and all district type performances....

Jellico - G Hunley

OS - P Murray, G Noe

Coal - G Lee

Oakdale - G Steinmetz

Wartburg - G Justice

Sunbright - G Bunch

Others?  Your thoughts on this WAY TOO EARLY predictions?

• 10 months later...

I believe Harriman will surprise alot of people this year. Given the fact they lost Xavier, they still have quite a bit of talent plus a great add-on with freshman John Johnson who can just about do it all. Harriman has a few very critical pieces that need to play out over the summer, and if they do they should be right there fighting for their 4th district championship in 5 years!

I heard John Johnson transfers to Bearden. Can anyone from Harriman confirm this?

Any way too early predictions?

District 4

1. Jellico  - Have most of last year's team back, potential best player in district in PG Bowlin.

2. Oneida - Lost several, but return West (could be district MVP too) and good JV team.

3t. Oliver Springs - Returns 2 starters and good JV players from last year. 

3t. Coalfield - Has Hill (maybe MVP) inside, and good supporting cast. 

5. Oakdale - Were a young team last year, still young now, but should avoid being last this year.

6t. Wartburg - Lost a ton, must rebuild/reload with little experience returning.

6t. Sunbright - Also lost a lot from last year, and will need to rebuild with the few experience pieces left.

MVP candidates:

PG Bowlin Jellico

G West  Oneida

Post Hill  Coalfield

Others ready for big years and all district type performances....

Jellico - G Hunley

OS - P Murray, G Noe

Coal - G Lee

Oakdale - G Steinmetz

Wartburg - G Justice

Sunbright - G Bunch

Others?  Your thoughts on this WAY TOO EARLY predictions?

Hill from coalfield was a sr last season who avg 17 pts per game............big shoes to fill

Edited by uptempo