Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Gordonsville 2013

• Please log in to reply
    180 replies to this topic

#131 TigerTown8412

TigerTown8412

Trainer

• Members
    • 158 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

I got GHS in an easy win. Maybe UHS can make me a believer but until that happens im not convinced in their abilities.

did you attend the scrimmage? If you did I would feel better. I don't know hardly anything about Upperman. I just have a bad feeling about this one. There's tons of excitement for this game up Baxter I am sure though. I just hope the players don't overlook them and say same ole same ole Upperman.

#132 DCTIGERFAN

DCTIGERFAN

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,940 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

did you attend the scrimmage? If you did I would feel better. I don't know hardly anything about Upperman. I just have a bad feeling about this one. There's tons of excitement for this game up Baxter I am sure though. I just hope the players don't overlook them and say same ole same ole Upperman.

No I did not attend but talked to people that went to both scrimmages, one being a UHS alum. He stated that he feels UHS is being talked up just a little to much. They should be competitive in several games this year but don't expect them to take the next step. They did not beat anybody worth noting last season and was beaten badly vs. the top competition they faced. I have been hearing for 3 years now how this season is the year for UHS. I have zero faith in them but will be the first to congratulate and admit I was wrong if I am.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN, 05 August 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#133 TigerTown8412

TigerTown8412

Trainer

• Members
    • 158 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Scrimmage is tommorow at 5:30. Livingston at Gordonsville m but I look for it to get cancelled due to rain. But if they do play I'm wanting to see an improved o-line and QB play. That's the two things that I think need to be helped the most. But that is the least expiernced on the team.

Edited by TigerTown8412, 07 August 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#134 DCTIGERFAN

DCTIGERFAN

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,940 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Scrimmage is tommorow at 5:30. Livingston at Gordonsville m but I look for it to get cancelled due to rain. But if they do play I'm wanting to see an improved o-line and QB play. That's the two things that I think need to be helped the most. But that is the least expiernced on the team.

Hopefully they play, id like to know how that one turns out.

#135 tpay

tpay

Contender

• Members
    • 872 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

scrimmage has been moved to mon. nite aug.12th

#136 DCTIGERFAN

DCTIGERFAN

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,940 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for the update.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN, 10 August 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#137 TigerTown8412

TigerTown8412

Trainer

• Members
    • 158 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

I ask that y'all will remember Croz. He is back in the hospital again with his leg. Infection got in there and he has took a big setback. Long time CoachT and Big Blue supporter.

#138 UpperCumberlandMan

UpperCumberlandMan

Record Holder

• Members
    • 4,038 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

No I did not attend but talked to people that went to both scrimmages, one being a UHS alum. He stated that he feels UHS is being talked up just a little to much. They should be competitive in several games this year but don't expect them to take the next step. They did not beat anybody worth noting last season and was beaten badly vs. the top competition they faced. I have been hearing for 3 years now how this season is the year for UHS. I have zero faith in them but will be the first to congratulate and admit I was wrong if I am.

Only thing I will say on behalf of UHS is they do have like 23 seniors. Past 3 seasons they had around like 8-10 seniors a year. Best player in district is either rb Manning for SC or qb C.York for UHS. Other than the York kid they are not all that tallented but veteran in the skill postions. Up front they are very very big. Have 2 seniors around 6-3,290....one kid at O tackle the say is 6'6 260, and a noise that listed in Murphy as 6'3 340. If Gordonsville is really down in the line this year it "could" get interesting. I read in paper they played 3 quaters varsity in spring game and 2 varsity this fall verse Cookeville and didnt give up a score. Wednsday paper had Cookeville varsity putting 21 points up on Galatin. That has to mean something. But again, i am like some of you, I will beleave it when i see it from them but it very well "could" be their year.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan, 11 August 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#139 slimshady

slimshady

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,895 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

I ask that y'all will remember Croz. He is back in the hospital again with his leg. Infection got in there and he has took a big setback. Long time CoachT and Big Blue supporter.

Tell him we said to rub some dirt on it.

Trousdale County Football...Earholing Since 1909....68 69 70 71 72-19 vs privates since 1969.

#140 TigerTown8412

TigerTown8412

Trainer

• Members
    • 158 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

Only thing I will say on behalf of UHS is they do have like 23 seniors. Past 3 seasons they had around like 8-10 seniors a year. Best player in district is either rb Manning for SC or qb C.York for UHS. Other than the York kid they are not all that tallented but veteran in the skill postions. Up front they are very very big. Have 2 seniors around 6-3,290....one kid at O tackle the say is 6'6 260, and a noise that listed in Murphy as 6'3 340. If Gordonsville is really down in the line this year it "could" get interesting. I read in paper they played 3 quaters varsity in spring game and 2 varsity this fall verse Cookeville and didnt give up a score. Wednsday paper had Cookeville varsity putting 21 points up on Galatin. That has to mean something. But again, i am like some of you, I will beleave it when i see it from them but it very well "could" be their year.

I believe it was Phillip Fulmer who once said "Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" but on a serious note our line isn't that good to be honest. They just aren't battle tested. But it is the quickest line I have ever seen in years at Gordonsville. Offense and Defense. Gville could have a new identity this year and just try to beat people to the edge. But I don't think I would ever see that happen. I still think we're gonna try to run it between the tackles. The old Gordonsville way and just "outmean people"

Spirit Style Chooser: