2013 State Champion Predictions- All Classes

AllRegion

Since we are so close to kickoff for the 2013 football season, I thought it would be fun to make state championship predictions for all classes and then see how well we do come December! I will start things off...

1A- Coalfield

2A- Grace Christian Academy

3A- Alcoa

4A- Fulton

5A- Ridgeway

6A- Maryville

DII-A- Webb School of Knoxville

DII-AA- Ensworth

What do you all think? Am I way off? Who are the sleeper teams we should look out for? I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's picks.

I'm gonna go with: 1A Coalfield 2A Huntingdon 3A Alcoa 4A Fulton 5A Beech 6A Maryville DII-A Webb DII-AA Ensworth

I like your picks, BPM! It was very hard to pick against Beech in 5A. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won the whole thing. How many players does Huntingdon have returning for next season?

I like your picks, BPM! It was very hard to pick against Beech in 5A. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won the whole thing. How many players does Huntingdon have returning for next season?

They don't have a lot but I honestly think that 2A will be less competitive than 1A.... at least based on tradition since we went to a 6 class system. Look at last year. Gordonsville beats Friendship Christian and goes on to barely edge out Huntingdon for the 1A title. Friendship destroys Adamsville for the 2A title. If Huntingdon was in 2A last year.... they would have won the gold ball. I think that the road to the championship game, on an almost yearly basis, we be easier for Huntingdon in 2A. So maybe losing a lot of players won't be so bad. Besides they reload every year anyway.

yeah huntingdon lost a lot of good players, Warbritton Diebold Pruitt Stover etc. But like Big Purple Machine said they always reload. They always have a very good line too I'll be interested in seeing how their line looks after loosing 4 starters (i think). But they will have their RB back #11 Hilliard, kid had jets and was equally as agile. he'll only be a jr this year so look for him to get a bulk of the carries. also i heard their TE Jacob Blake was being looked at by the big fellas so who knows. I'm sure Huntingdon will be one of the last 4 teams in 2A.

They don't have a lot but I honestly think that 2A will be less competitive than 1A.... at least based on tradition since we went to a 6 class system. Look at last year. Gordonsville beats Friendship Christian and goes on to barely edge out Huntingdon for the 1A title. Friendship destroys Adamsville for the 2A title. If Huntingdon was in 2A last year.... they would have won the gold ball. I think that the road to the championship game, on an almost yearly basis, we be easier for Huntingdon in 2A. So maybe losing a lot of players won't be so bad. Besides they reload every year anyway.

Well, since we are using your logic let's look at it this way. South Pittsburg lost on a questionable call to Gordonsville 14-13. Boyd Buchanan beat South Pittsburg by 14 (wasn't that close) Grace Christian beat South Pittsburg by 20. So in my opinion and by your logic, there were three teams in 2A east side alone, better than Gordonsville. Huntington would not have beaten any one of those three privates in 2A.

Well, since we are using your logic let's look at it this way. South Pittsburg lost on a questionable call to Gordonsville 14-13. Boyd Buchanan beat South Pittsburg by 14 (wasn't that close) Grace Christian beat South Pittsburg by 20. So in my opinion and by your logic, there were three teams in 2A east side alone, better than Gordonsville. Huntington would not have beaten any one of those three privates in 2A.

Since none of those three privates could beat Friendship it kinda makes it irrelevant.... but I see your point. In a few weeks Friday nights will tell the tale!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Since we are so close to kickoff for the 2013 football season, I thought it would be fun to make state championship predictions for all classes and then see how well we do come December! I will start things off...

1A- Coalfield

2A- Grace Christian Academy

3A- Alcoa

4A- Fulton

5A- Ridgeway

6A- Maryville

DII-A- Webb School of Knoxville

DII-AA- Ensworth

What do you all think? Am I way off? Who are the sleeper teams we should look out for? I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's picks.

South Pittsburg is a good team that is a threat to win the State Championship in My opinion.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...