Coach out at Jefferson county

utsports12

No he actually said those things. And he doesn't sound like he's even going to give the returning catcher a chance to prove himself is the problem. Maybe Eric is better, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

Travis Hart has applied for jobs everywhere for years now trying to get out of McMinn Central. He obviously doesn't realize baseball is an afterthought at G-P. Warner didn't get along with G-P's AD, who is also the longtime football coach, bc he thought Warner was "distracting them from football."

The way Travis Hart handled that first meeting was downright WRONG. And because of that, a lot of players are transferring to Pigeon Forge.

Im sure that Hart was speaking in jest when he was talking about his daughter.  Unless you are an athletic director or another coach, how would you know where he has or hasn't applied for in the past? You're simply spreading hear say rumors that you heard from some particular uninformed individual.  Hart did a fine job at Central with some great teams mixed in between some lean years (which happen at AA public schools). He also did a great job raising money for the cancer society with his playing for a cure tournament not to mention the facility upgrades he led.  His son is a good player ( made the TBCA showcase team 2 years in a row) so he was telling the truth that another catcher would be giving him a break.  I'd be happy to land a coach that has won at a high level if I were you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure that Hart was speaking in jest when he was talking about his daughter. Unless you are an athletic director or another coach, how would you know where he has or hasn't applied for in the past? You're simply spreading hear say rumors that you heard from some particular uninformed individual. Hart did a fine job at Central with some great teams mixed in between some lean years (which happen at AA public schools). He also did a great job raising money for the cancer society with his playing for a cure tournament not to mention the facility upgrades he led. His son is a good player ( made the TBCA showcase team 2 years in a row) so he was telling the truth that another catcher would be giving him a break. I'd be happy to land a coach that has won at a high level if I were you.

I'm friends with coaches Warner and Traywick, so outside them I'm not involved with G-P, but numerous sources have told me about Hart wanting out of MC. He better change his attitude fast if he wants to attract players.

Don't expect him to stay there long, especially after his son graduates and also when he realizes baseball is an afterthought up there.

I'm friends with coaches Warner and Traywick, so outside them I'm not involved with G-P, but numerous sources have told me about Hart wanting out of MC. He better change his attitude fast if he wants to attract players.

Don't expect him to stay there long, especially after his son graduates and also when he realizes baseball is an afterthought up there.

YEP- JUST LIKE BASEBALL AT ALCOA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You ain't kidding. When Warner had his kids focusing on baseball, Benny got mad for "distracting them from football." What a clown....

Was "baseball distractions" the reason he lost to greenback? There's been some good athletes come thru there over the years. Seems like a waste when he schedules the weakest teams he can and won't allow kids to pursue wrestling or baseball if they want to. If I had a kid that liked sports there's no way I'd let him go there

Was "baseball distractions" the reason he lost to greenback? There's been some good athletes come thru there over the years. Seems like a waste when he schedules the weakest teams he can and won't allow kids to pursue wrestling or baseball if they want to. If I had a kid that liked sports there's no way I'd let him go there

Not a chance I would send my kid there either. Oh btw, their girls basketball coach is Katie Parton, director of schools Jack Parton's daughter.

Benny Hammonds schedules all these weak teams and then wonders why he gets knocked out so early in the playoffs. Apparently if you don't play football, you're not good enough for G-P.

I can almost guarantee his son Lee Hammonds will take over when he retires.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a chance I would send my kid there either. Oh btw, their girls basketball coach is Katie Parton, director of schools Jack Parton's daughter.

Benny Hammonds schedules all these weak teams and then wonders why he gets knocked out so early in the playoffs. Apparently if you don't play football, you're not good enough for G-P.

I can almost guarantee his son Lee Hammonds will take over when he retires.

Yea. Good to have friends in high places. I know the partons, they're good people as far as being a person. But he picks who he likes. Their new bball court is named after him. Pigeon forge baseball field too. But he doesn't help sevier co at all. If I was Benny I'd call and beg Alcoa to play me during the season. That's why Lee went back, and I'm sure he'll schedule just like dad lol. Doesn't look like pigeon forge misses him.

Yea. Good to have friends in high places. I know the partons, they're good people as far as being a person. But he picks who he likes. Their new bball court is named after him. Pigeon forge baseball field too. But he doesn't help sevier co at all. If I was Benny I'd call and beg Alcoa to play me during the season. That's why Lee went back, and I'm sure he'll schedule just like dad lol. Doesn't look like pigeon forge misses him.

Sevier County is successful despite the school system. It seems like they do everything they can to keep SC down.

I guarantee as soon as Pigeon Forge beats G-P in football, which could happen very soon, they'll do everything they can to try to push Scott Meadows out of there.