Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Blackman vs Bowling Green

• Please log in to reply
    216 replies to this topic

#11 davidlimbaugh

davidlimbaugh

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 4,636 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Blackman had better come ready to play. Many in KY think BG is the best team in the state. They beat St. Xavier 3 times during their streak. It doesn't matter what class you are in. A 38 game win streak is impressive.

The same St. Xavier that Riverdale beat 23-9 in 2011 at Louisville University Papa John's Stadium?  Sorry - had to get that 7AAA SEC comment in - LOL!!!!

David Limbaugh

Sports Information Director @RHS_SID

Riverdale High School

#12 MidTennFootball

MidTennFootball

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

TN > KY

Middle Tennessee Football

Twitter: @midtennfootball

#13 STARSNBARS

STARSNBARS

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 7,931 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

This iz a vurry entristin' gaim.......Eye looked att a littull viddy-o ov BG agin McCallie....Looks like BG likes two thro hitt......Accordin' two Macks Preps, Bollin' Grean iz #1 inn KY and #121 nashunally...While'st Blaickmun iz #153....Eye'll steal go wif Blaickmun.... :popcorneater:

STARSNBARS garbige and recrootin' servuss and Mairvul footbawl...tha best thay iz!!

#14 rollredroll

rollredroll

Record Holder

• CoachT+
    • 4,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Blackman looks to end a Bowling Green 38 game win streak and according to BGHS fans their team hasn't been beaten by a team in Tennessee in over 20 years. BGHS is the back to back Kentucky 5A state champs. Your thoughts?

If the Bowling Green fans are saying that, that is somewhat amusing.  Before playing McCallie this year, I can't see a game Bowling Green has played against a Tennessee school since at least before the 1998 season...that's 15 seasons between 1998-2012 of not even playing a Tennessee school.  It's very easy not to lose to a school from another state when one doesn't play a school from another state!

I've read a lot of rhetoric on the Kentucky boards over the years about Tennessee cancelling the original All-Star Game series with Kentucky because Tennessee was "tired of losing to Kentucky" when Kentucky won five of the last six games to cut Tennessee's series lead from 14-4 to 15-9.  The truth of the matter was that the better players from both states started foregoing the game for fear of injury, thus diminishing somewhat the powerhouse rosters each state had (especially in the '80s and '90s), and it was essentially mutually agreed upon to end the series. It is worth noting that since 2006, when the players from that season played in the last All-Star game the next summer in 2007, Tennessee schools lead head-to-head games with Kentucky schools by a 109-72 margin. Even a lesser prestigious all-star game between the two states (National Guard Border Bowl) emerged in 2008, and Tennessee is up 4-2 in that series.  Maybe we should quit all future Kentucky games, regular season and all-star games alike, since we're eking out wins (tongue firmly planted in cheek.)

With all that said, I like reading the Kentucky message boards and their fans in general.  They fight with each other like we do, but they are much more civil with each other than we are, and they seem to be a tad bit humbler in victory and gracious in defeat. I love our state and this message board, but we could take a lesson or two from our neighbors to the north about more civilized banter.

To the game, it should be a great one.  I watched some of the McCallie-Bowling Green game, and BGHS seemed pretty skilled and fast, but they had to rally late to win in what was a tight game the whole night. BGHS has momentum (win streak) and home field advantage, but Blackman certainly has the defense to keep them somewhat in check.  Obviously, the Blackman offense has to be a bit better this week than last to keep pace.

Go Blackman/Tennessee!

Historical Tennessee scores and more: Tennessee Prep Football Database

#15 mat73557

mat73557

Trainer

• Members
    • 239 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Great Post!!! I agree wholeheartedly. This board has goth downhill a bit over the last few years. We all love the game. We all love the kids. It's a shame that people can't beat their drum without a whole army trying to tear them apart.

#16 mat73557

mat73557

Trainer

• Members
    • 239 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

from Kreager::

"Bowling Green had two offensive linemen injured a week ago. One is out for the season. The Purples also had a running back injured.

“I really wish this game was some time earlier rather than this last week of the season,” Wallace (Purples Coach) said. “From the health standpoint, our No. 1 goal is to win a state championship. We are not going to sacrifice that because this game means nothing.”"

:popcorneater: 

#17 Red Rebels

Red Rebels

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,816 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Go Blackman!  B)

RED REBELS 15 Time State Champions
    Maryville City Schools - Where we have a specific, rigid and enforced zone.

#18 Antwan

Antwan

Hall of Famer

• Members
    • 11,876 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

If the Bowling Green fans are saying that, that is somewhat amusing.  Before playing McCallie this year, I can't see a game Bowling Green has played against a Tennessee school since at least before the 1998 season...that's 15 seasons between 1998-2012 of not even playing a Tennessee school.  It's very easy not to lose to a school from another state when one doesn't play a school from another state!

I've read a lot of rhetoric on the Kentucky boards over the years about Tennessee cancelling the original All-Star Game series with Kentucky because Tennessee was "tired of losing to Kentucky" when Kentucky won five of the last six games to cut Tennessee's series lead from 14-4 to 15-9.  The truth of the matter was that the better players from both states started foregoing the game for fear of injury, thus diminishing somewhat the powerhouse rosters each state had (especially in the '80s and '90s), and it was essentially mutually agreed upon to end the series. It is worth noting that since 2006, when the players from that season played in the last All-Star game the next summer in 2007, Tennessee schools lead head-to-head games with Kentucky schools by a 109-72 margin. Even a lesser prestigious all-star game between the two states (National Guard Border Bowl) emerged in 2008, and Tennessee is up 4-2 in that series.  Maybe we should quit all future Kentucky games, regular season and all-star games alike, since we're eking out wins (tongue firmly planted in cheek.)

With all that said, I like reading the Kentucky message boards and their fans in general.  They fight with each other like we do, but they are much more civil with each other than we are, and they seem to be a tad bit humbler in victory and gracious in defeat. I love our state and this message board, but we could take a lesson or two from our neighbors to the north about more civilized banter.

To the game, it should be a great one.  I watched some of the McCallie-Bowling Green game, and BGHS seemed pretty skilled and fast, but they had to rally late to win in what was a tight game the whole night. BGHS has momentum (win streak) and home field advantage, but Blackman certainly has the defense to keep them somewhat in check.  Obviously, the Blackman offense has to be a bit better this week than last to keep pace.

Go Blackman/Tennessee!

I haven't seen that quote anywhere. BG is pretty good. To beat St. X 39-25 is impressive. They are very good offensively...not quite as good defensively...much like many of the best KY teams. I agree Blackman has the defense to match up with them. I also agree Blackman's offense....especially their qb has to play better than last week. It does sound like BG's coach knows they are in for a battle by making those comments. I also don't think there is a big difference between TN & KY in most years. Both have some very good teams at the top.

#19 STARSNBARS

STARSNBARS

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 7,931 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

from Kreager::

"Wallace (Purples Coach) said. “From the health standpoint, our No. 1 goal is to win a state championship. We are not going to sacrifice that because this game means nothing.”"

:popcorneater:

Sownds two me like a bild inn excuse..... :popcorneater:

STARSNBARS garbige and recrootin' servuss and Mairvul footbawl...tha best thay iz!!

#20 runninblind

runninblind

Competitor

• Members
    • 351 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Good luck to the Boys of Blackman . Represent Middle Tennessee well ..Set BGKY a Blaze !

Spirit Style Chooser: