Blackman vs Bowling Green

erikays2

It shouldn't. I hope your band knows that it is illegal to play while there is a play going on in Kentucky. Should be an exciting game to watch! I agree with the injury part, especially since we're so close to the playoffs. I wish this game was played earlier in the year. Both teams are a little banged up. Will be a great game no matter what!

Not attacking you in any way, and I know this has been debated a bunch on coacht, but that is a crappy rule.  I would expect that they are going to have to be told to stop, then.  It's what they do.  I wished the bands would play the entire time.  It's called atmosphere.  It's not like high schools games/bands are loud enough to affect the players on the field.  Fans can be much louder if the stands are full, but they don't make them be quiet during play.  It's not a rule in TN, but several teams that have come in to play Rutherford Co teams gripe about it being poor sportsmanship, blah, blah, blah.

Not attacking you in any way, and I know this has been debated a bunch on coacht, but that is a crappy rule.  I would expect that they are going to have to be told to stop, then.  It's what they do.  I wished the bands would play the entire time.  It's called atmosphere.  It's not like high schools games/bands are loud enough to affect the players on the field.  Fans can be much louder if the stands are full, but they don't make them be quiet during play.  It's not a rule in TN, but several teams that have come in to play Rutherford Co teams gripe about it being poor sportsmanship, blah, blah, blah.

Or overzealous Band Directors can use it as a oppurtunity to attention to themselves, when the game should be on the field. I have no problems with this rule.  People pay money to watch young men play a game they love, not the band

I don't mind the rule either way. But I think it is respectful that the band be quiet during game action. I personally don't care though. When our team traveled to McCallie it threw them off a bit because they weren't used it. I don't mind the rule either way, but I'm also not a coach or player

Or overzealous Band Directors can use it as a oppurtunity to attention to themselves, when the game should be on the field. I have no problems with this rule.  People pay money to watch young men play a game they love, not the band

really??? Can you name ANY band director in the state of TN by name?  I can't speak for any other area, but I don't get that vibe from most of the schools in this county and area.  Speaking to Blackman's specifically, they are one of the best "football" bands I've ever seen at the high school level....(granted the kareoke show gets old every now and then).  Give me that band over a band that is only worried about competitions and appearances (siegel) anyday. 

I don't mind the rule either way. But I think it is respectful that the band be quiet during game action. I personally don't care though. When our team traveled to McCallie it threw them off a bit because they weren't used it. I don't mind the rule either way, but I'm also not a coach or player

I understand that viewpoint....I just don't hold the same view.  To each his own, I guess.  Next year, when you guys come down here, they will definitely be playing.

really??? Can you name ANY band director in the state of TN by name?  I can't speak for any other area, but I don't get that vibe from most of the schools in this county and area.  Speaking to Blackman's specifically, they are one of the best "football" bands I've ever seen at the high school level....(granted the kareoke show gets old every now and then).  Give me that band over a band that is only worried about competitions and appearances (siegel) anyday. 

Mr. Rhody at Siegel and Mr. Jessup at Oakland, happy now? I did not accuse Blackman or any band in this area of being a band that "grandstands" during a football game, but I have seen it happen and I dont blame KY schools for having the rule in place.