Blackman vs Bowling Green

erikays2

So the first couple of pages of this thread are people brazenly thumping their chests about how much better TN football and Blackman are than KY and BG....then the remaining pages are people talking about how much Blackman got cheated by the officials....

Blackman's coach advocates for the classiness of his players and program yet they get 7 personal fouls...and he then proceeds to be quoted by the media as saying "those idiots in Bowling Green..." (you can see this if you follow BG Daily News Sports writer Zach Greenweell)...

The irony here is pretty thick.

Blackman is a great football team. They are well coached and play an excellent brand of football. But does anyone wonder why at no point the HC didn't circle his team up and say, "Look, we're going to have to play this one silently. Don't talk, don't celebrate anywhere but over here on the sidelines with your TEAMmates, don't give these officials ANYTHING, just play like you can play." Had they done that, they'd be 9-1, not 8-2.

Blackman and their HC strike me as a team who wants to be the 80's Miami Hurricanes on the field but be regarded as Notre Dame in the press. If you want to chirp it up, throw up hands and play with your chest puffed out, more power to you, but don't be a hypocrite and hide from that image and behavior when it bites you in the butt.

The result of the crying foul by Blackman is a soft, weak, excuse-making sham that is totally unlike the team that they actually are.

We do have a very good coach but last night we were night coached very well at all and it's not about the penalties either, we should have beat that team by at least 20, anytime you are on defense and you allow a 4th and 10 to be converted for a touchdown from the 14 yard line cause you are in man defense instead of playing 4 across with you DBs feet planted on the down markers for one play to win the game and nullify all that has happened up to that point, that is horrible coaching especially considering the momentum winning a game like that would give you going into playoffs

The Fant kid is a good football player but no where near the best player on the field, once again our coaching allowed him to be, not taking anything from the kid and I wish him well in college, but the kid didnt have blazing speed guarantee you he is 4.6 at best but has great vision and open field running ability, when we pressed him at the line which is what most coaches do to a receiver with those attributes he didn't catch a single pass, now when we played off he beat us every time for big play after big play to keep drives going or running after catch on a 6 yd hitch reception

So the first couple of pages of this thread are people brazenly thumping their chests about how much better TN football and Blackman are than KY and BG....then the remaining pages are people talking about how much Blackman got cheated by the officials....

Blackman's coach advocates for the classiness of his players and program yet they get 7 personal fouls...and he then proceeds to be quoted by the media as saying "those idiots in Bowling Green..." (you can see this if you follow BG Daily News Sports writer Zach Greenweell)...

Blackman is a great football team. They are well coached and play an excellent brand of football. But does anyone wonder why at no point the HC didn't circle his team up and say, "Look, we're going to have to play this one silently. Don't talk, don't celebrate anywhere but over here on the sidelines with your TEAMmates, don't give these officials ANYTHING, just play like you can play." Had they done that, they'd be 9-1, not 8-2.

Blackman and their HC strike me as a team who wants to be the 80's Miami Hurricanes on the field but be regarded as Notre Dame in the press. If you want to chirp it up, throw up hands and play with your chest puffed out, more power to you, but don't be a hypocrite and hide from that image and behavior when it bites you in the butt.

The result of the crying foul by Blackman is a soft, weak, excuse-making sham that is totally unlike the team that they actually are.

You may have missed it but Shad did gather the team up after about the 3rd penalty but unfortunately it did not seem to help.  Of course I wasn't in this huddle so I don't know what exactly was said and I'm pretty sure you don't know what was said either.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

The Fant kid is a good football player but no where near the best player on the field, once again our coaching allowed him to be, not taking anything from the kid and I wish him well in college, but the kid didnt have blazing speed guarantee you he is 4.6 at best but has great vision and open field running ability, when we pressed him at the line which is what most coaches do to a receiver with those attributes he didn't catch a single pass, now when we played off he beat us every time for big play after big play to keep drives going or running after catch on a 6 yd hitch reception

I don't know if Fant wins the combine but he is a heck of a football player.

Blackman's coach advocates for the classiness of his players and program yet they get 7 personal fouls...and he then proceeds to be quoted by the media as saying "those idiots in Bowling Green..." (you can see this if you follow BG Daily News Sports writer Zach Greenweell)...

Blackman is a great football team. They are well coached and play an excellent brand of football. But does anyone wonder why at no point the HC didn't circle his team up and say, "Look, we're going to have to play this one silently. Don't talk, don't celebrate anywhere but over here on the sidelines with your TEAMmates, don't give these officials ANYTHING, just play like you can play." Had they done that, they'd be 9-1, not 8-2.

You couldn't be farther from the truth. Outside of a couple off-setting penalties that they got by responding to the antics of a couple Independence players, I don't recall 1 unsportsmanlike penalty all year. To compare them to the 80's Miami teams is just ridiculous. Coach Shad preaches discipline in everything....doesn't cuss his kids or his coaches.

What has caused the reaction from Blaze fans is the sheer shock when you see 6 or 7 of those penalties in 1 half, coupled with the fact that none were called on BG. It is unbelievable that a team can hit late, repeatedly, constantly shoving players when they are down, openly curse the opposing team, and NOT get 1 friggin penalty called!!! I guess the butt chewing/cussing the BG coach gave the refs at half-time worked.

Also, I would love somebody to explain something. Where did all of this disrespect talk come from early in the week. First anybody around here heard about it was in the paper when the kid brought it up. I wonder if this wasn't a motivational ploy used by the coaches to fire his team up. If so, it apparently worked. I remember in high school, our coach came in and said that the other coach had just said something about us (complete b.s.), but we believed it and were ready to chew nails.

Should make for a fun return trip to the Boro next year. I hope they win em all until then too.

One other thing...he said the "officials" were "disgracefull"...didn't see Idiot in there. It would have been accurate had he said it, but i haven't seen that specific quote.

Edited by blazeburnin

Shad is a great coach. Period. He can take a MUCH athletically challenged team (MTCS) and make them great. He knows how to take a weak team and make them believe they are great. But when you take a "great" team (like we have now) and LITERALLY cut their balls off, like this KY team and THEIR refs did, you can't expect ANYTHING but frustration and attitude. He did his best to keep it under control but there is only so much you can do and preach to a bunch of teenage kids! Bottom line, when you look at the stats from this game and then look at the PENALTIES, that were given by the refs; ANYONE that has a brain can see that these 5 refs made sure their KY team won! This was by far the WORST called game I have ever seen and what's sad is this hurrs NO ONE but the boys. So I, in my opinion, hope that BGHS wins out from now until this time next year when they travel here. Because I can promise you, we will beat you into the ground and your cocky attitude and cocky head coach will be brought down bc NO ONE treats our team as BADLY as you did and gets away with it!

Edited by HSFBLLRKS

Anyone who was at that game knows that the refs were way too involved. Period.

If that is the way KY football is played, I would just as soon never go back.

Even our band had to be neutered a bit. Those games up there must be mind numbingly boring.

I'd just as soon play oakland or Siegel twice.

Edited by mat73557