Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOS

• Please log in to reply
    113 replies to this topic

#101 copenoc

copenoc

Challenger

• Members
    • 620 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Hey Chipper I got one question for you and I want you to answer it truthfully. .You say we led in scoring by 3 different guys on different nights..Who has led this team in scoring the most this year??..Now im done talking.

#102 chipper_jones_4mvp

chipper_jones_4mvp

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,721 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Donte Simpson 3 times, Quentrel Polk 1 time,Marcus Deberry 11 times Malik Stockdale 12 times.Simpson average 13 pts a game,Deberry 16.2,and Stockdale 16.4.Each one can score.Just a bad game.I know Malik has the highest field goal percentage but not 80%. Malik is consistant because he can post,hit the midrange,and shoot the 3. All 3 of them can.I dont worry about the offense because we got 3 guys that can score.I just worry about our defense.We cant guard.We got to take it personal to guard and get a killer instinct to us.Unfortunately our best 2 defenders left.Like I said,if we lose it will be because of defense,not offense.

#103 copenoc

copenoc

Challenger

• Members
    • 620 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Good job!.. Case closed.

#104 chipper_jones_4mvp

chipper_jones_4mvp

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,721 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

We won the game,thats all that matters and from the way the rest of the team was playing,Donte Simpson was the right one taking the shots against Gibson Co.I wouldve played Simpson,Polk, Bumpus,Fred,and Sisco down the stretch,since the rest of them didnt want to play.

#105 copenoc

copenoc

Challenger

• Members
    • 620 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

You woulda lost!..Good thing you wasn't coaching I guess..How do you take Stockdale out of the line up when he is the teams best rebounder..teams best scorer..and teams best passer and the smartest player on the floor..and your best shooter percentage wise..Why do you think Shane has got him inbounding the ball??..lol...I dunno man but ok.

#106 chipper_jones_4mvp

chipper_jones_4mvp

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,721 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

I guess I wouldve lost because they wouldve been sitting by me.I think I wouldve got my point across.They would be ready to play next game.Sometimes you have to take a loss to make a point.They wasnt out there playing hard.So sit by me and watch from the bench and they wouldnt be over there pouting. They be over there cheering for the guys on the bench.

#107 chipper_jones_4mvp

chipper_jones_4mvp

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,721 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Cheering for the guys on the floor.

#108 JDOGG80

JDOGG80

Competitor

• Members
    • 362 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

Donte Simpson 3 times, Quentrel Polk 1 time,Marcus Deberry 11 times Malik Stockdale 12 times.Simpson average 13 pts a game,Deberry 16.2,and Stockdale 16.4.Each one can score.Just a bad game.I know Malik has the highest field goal percentage but not 80%. Malik is consistant because he can post,hit the midrange,and shoot the 3. All 3 of them can.I dont worry about the offense because we got 3 guys that can score.I just worry about our defense.We cant guard.We got to take it personal to guard and get a killer instinct to us.Unfortunately our best 2 defenders left.Like I said,if we lose it will be because of defense,not offense.

Wait. Who left the team?

#109 copenoc

copenoc

Challenger

• Members
    • 620 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

I guess I wouldve lost because they wouldve been sitting by me.I think I wouldve got my point across.They would be ready to play next game.Sometimes you have to take a loss to make a point.They wasnt out there playing hard.So sit by me and watch from the bench and they wouldnt be over there pouting. They be over there cheering for the guys on the bench.

.I see your point but I gotta disagree because it was a district game and would be way to risky. .If you go to Humboldt and win you could still get a one seed..But the way they playing it will be a long shot.

#110 chipper_jones_4mvp

chipper_jones_4mvp

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Nobody left the team JDOGG.Im talking about two that went to school somewhere else that was starters on that middle school state championship team.

Spirit Style Chooser: