Private schools could win all 3 lower football classifications.

old24eagle

Hey I found my 3 buddies, crow eagle & Pujo! You guys been hanging out over here talking about me/us! Look, I get the whole public vs private feelings you guys share. If you stuck to comments like privates should play in their own divisions, etc., you probably never would have heard from me. I stuck my nose in when all the personal insults/comments started. Couple of things: I don't drive an escalade, don't want one, couldn't afford one if I did. My wife and I both work so our kids can get a Christian education. That doesn't make us elitists, it just means we're willing to make some sacrifices for our children. I don't know how much $ you make. I know how much I make. It probably is twice as much as some people. It's also probable that a lot of folks make twice as much as I do. Don't see why it's relevant but it keeps getting talked about. Bottom line is, you don't like playing us. I understand that. Drop the personal vendettas and criticism and we'll get along fine.

Well you have lumped me into a group about making personal attacks and I feel you have done so unjustly. I have only commented about the topic at hand and the publicly released budget of the turf field (saw y'all were adding turf to the baseball field as well. . . nice touch). I have no personal vendettas and as far as I knew we were getting along just fine. Lastly I would hope you didn't have much trouble finding us given the fact we were posting on your thread that the public vs private debate should be moved to the appropriate thread as to not cause unnecessary conflict and distraction on your game thread.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you have lumped me into a group about making personal attacks and I feel you have done so unjustly. I have only commented about the topic at hand and the publicly released budget of the turf field (saw y'all were adding turf to the baseball field as well. . . nice touch). I have no personal vendettas and as far as I knew we were getting along just fine. Lastly I would hope you didn't have much trouble finding us given the fact we were posting on your thread that the public vs private debate should be moved to the appropriate thread as to not cause unnecessary conflict and distraction on your game thread.

The other two have definitely been more vocal, you are correct. We are getting along, we just have different opinions. But that's ok, would be really boring if we agreed on everything

Hey I found my 3 buddies, crow eagle & Pujo! You guys been hanging out over here talking about me/us! Look, I get the whole public vs private feelings you guys share. If you stuck to comments like privates should play in their own divisions, etc., you probably never would have heard from me. I stuck my nose in when all the personal insults/comments started. Couple of things: I don't drive an escalade, don't want one, couldn't afford one if I did. My wife and I both work so our kids can get a Christian education. That doesn't make us elitists, it just means we're willing to make some sacrifices for our children. I don't know how much $ you make. I know how much I make. It probably is twice as much as some people. It's also probable that a lot of folks make twice as much as I do. Don't see why it's relevant but it keeps getting talked about. Bottom line is, you don't like playing us. I understand that. Drop the personal vendettas and criticism and we'll get along fine.

My wife and I both work, both have better than average jobs , neither drive an escalade or anything comparable,yet I cany afford to send my kid to a private school no matter how bad I wanted to.The reason that is relevant to the discussion is that Privates and publics are apples and oranges and the $$$$ issue is a huge reason why. Nice facilities, nice new unis , fancy rug , top notch education all leads to kids wanting to come to your school, all of those take $$$. Money that small publics dont have!! and that we cant raise no matter how little time we spend in our "armchairs". Therefore Privates have an advantage then they still try to bend the rules to give them an even bigger advantage. Like pujo says its easy to see what certain schools "missions" are and alot of thems mission is to win sports!

I hope TC beats the brakes off of GCA! I hate when people think their kids are too good for everyone else. Take them to a winning program and then think their kid is the reason their winning. Take them to a school where there are no problem students or SPED students and think the teachers there are better cause they have better average test scores....well duh!! Only test good students you only get good scores! I want my kids to be good enough to help their own HOME community teams and schools win. I could take them to a team or school that is always gonna be a winner but what have you really done besides show that you have access to a vehicle and can drive your kids somewhere.

I also believe you should go to Church for Religion,and School for an education , and if your gonna mix the 2 you should try to witness to some students in public schools who need it not run from them and start your own school. Also where I'm from churches spend their money on missionaries , feeding the hungry , paying the church bills , buying and distributing Bibles, and not fancy football stadiums.

I hope TC beats the brakes off of GCA! I hate when people think their kids are too good for everyone else. Take them to a winning program and then think their kid is the reason their winning. Take them to a school where there are no problem students or SPED students and think the teachers there are better cause they have better average test scores....well duh!! Only test good students you only get good scores! I want my kids to be good enough to help their own HOME community teams and schools win. I could take them to a team or school that is always gonna be a winner but what have you really done besides show that you have access to a vehicle and can drive your kids somewhere.

I also believe you should go to Church for Religion,and School for an education , and if your gonna mix the 2 you should try to witness to some students in public schools who need it not run from them and start your own school. Also where I'm from churches spend their money on missionaries , feeding the hungry , paying the church bills , buying and distributing Bibles, and not fancy football stadiums.

Good points pal

My wife and I both work, both have better than average jobs , neither drive an escalade or anything comparable,yet I cany afford to send my kid to a private school no matter how bad I wanted to.The reason that is relevant to the discussion is that Privates and publics are apples and oranges and the $$$$ issue is a huge reason why. Nice facilities, nice new unis , fancy rug , top notch education all leads to kids wanting to come to your school, all of those take $$$. Money that small publics dont have!! and that we cant raise no matter how little time we spend in our "armchairs". Therefore Privates have an advantage then they still try to bend the rules to give them an even bigger advantage. Like pujo says its easy to see what certain schools "missions" are and alot of thems mission is to win sports!

So how do you explain a small public school like Union City who has a geat academic system, an indoor practice facility and a stadium with one of the nicest playing surfaces in the state, and that includes LP Field in Nashville?  And Union City does it in a town that is literally dying because good paying jobs are going the way of the Doo Doo Bird.

So how do you explain a small public school like Union City who has a geat academic system, an indoor practice facility and a stadium with one of the nicest playing surfaces in the state, and that includes LP Field in Nashville?  And Union City does it in a town that is literally dying because good paying jobs are going the way of the Doo Doo Bird.

Whats a DOO DOO BIRD? A small smelly brown bird. Heard of dodo bird but not DOO DOO!

Goodyear left but Union City still has lots of manufacturing operation in or nearby town. UC is an abnormality in public schools no doubt, however like I said earlier to someone its the small RURAL publics who are really at the disadvantage with the privates. The privates who still play D1 are mostly in the lower classification and they play mostly against small rural schools over here in east TN. and they definately have 1 up on all of us REALLY poor counties. Dont try to tell me UC is SMALL or RURAL or too POOR you have a proffessional Baseball team there!  

• 2 weeks later...

Whats a DOO DOO BIRD? A small smelly brown bird. Heard of dodo bird but not DOO DOO!

Goodyear left but Union City still has lots of manufacturing operation in or nearby town. UC is an abnormality in public schools no doubt, however like I said earlier to someone its the small RURAL publics who are really at the disadvantage with the privates. The privates who still play D1 are mostly in the lower classification and they play mostly against small rural schools over here in east TN. and they definately have 1 up on all of us REALLY poor counties. Dont try to tell me UC is SMALL or RURAL or too POOR you have a proffessional Baseball team there!  

The private school that I work with plays only two small rural schools in West Tennessee in football and that is because they are a district opponants.  If they were not district opponants, they would not be on the schedule to be honest with you.  If the small rurals in East Tennessee don't like playing privates, there is an easy solution, don't schedule them.  That is what many small rurals in West Tennessee do unless it is a playoff game. 

If every private school in this state suddenly vanished, many of you small rural schools would just find something else to complain about.  By the way, I did not know that Union City had a professional baseball team.  What's their name?

The private school that I work with plays only two small rural schools in West Tennessee in football and that is because they are a district opponants.  If they were not district opponants, they would not be on the schedule to be honest with you.  If the small rurals in East Tennessee don't like playing privates, there is an easy solution, don't schedule them.  That is what many small rurals in West Tennessee do unless it is a playoff game. 

If every private school in this state suddenly vanished, many of you small rural schools would just find something else to complain about.  By the way, I did not know that Union City had a professional baseball team.  What's their name?

He must have Union City and Jackon semi-confused lol....