7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

I think Riverdale has the most to be excited about. Especially playing that many freshmen towards the end of the year and getting the results that they did. Smyrna is losing most of there o-line. So once again we will go into the season largely unproven in that area. But we did get some playing time for the reserves in most games. I have heard that Oakland will be as good next year as they are this year. Any truth to that?

Riverdale, Lavergne and Stewart's Creek will be trying to get to the playoffs. Oakland, Siegel, Blackman, and Smyrna won't be giving up their spots easily.

Hopefully Riverdale will be able to get the rebuilding process underway in the spring.

Hi TDCman! How many starters will the Warriors have back next year? GO WARRIORS!! Thanks!

I think Riverdale has the most to be excited about. Especially playing that many freshmen towards the end of the year and getting the results that they did. Smyrna is losing most of there o-line. So once again we will go into the season largely unproven in that area. But we did get some playing time for the reserves in most games. I have heard that Oakland will be as good next year as they are this year. Any truth to that?

I think they will be, Milo. Ill address it a little bit more in the off-season...........

I think Blackman and Oakland will be battling for the top spot again, but have to give the edge to Blackman because of coaching. Riverdale should be better, but still a year away from competing for district. Siegel might be on the decline, just don't have the talent coming up, could be wrong but didn't see much out of the JV, Freshman or Middle school this year. I hear Smyrna will lose a lot of their line on both sides, so they will battle Lavergne and Stewarts Creek for 5th place.

I think Blackman and Oakland will be battling for the top spot again, but have to give the edge to Blackman because of coaching. Riverdale should be better, but still a year away from competing for district. Siegel might be on the decline, just don't have the talent coming up, could be wrong but didn't see much out of the JV, Freshman or Middle school this year. I hear Smyrna will lose a lot of their line on both sides, so they will battle Lavergne and Stewarts Creek for 5th place.

Out of curiosity, why do you think Riverdale is still a year away from competing for district? What's the missing piece and what is changing so they will be competing in another year? 

Several reasons. They will still be very young. Losing some key lineman. Depth is a very big deal, they have none. They still haven't proved they can have a passing game. And coaching.

On top of everything else, you have the continuing seasons declining numbers even coming out for R'dale football.

60+ odd players and that was only because he used Freshmen on Varsity.......

What will the upcoming season bring?

BTW I 'thought' the Coach was supposed to be RETIRING?  What happen, NO offers from out of state after watching his record?

With this it will be my last word on the current Head Coach of R'dale.  Y'all already know I will not be sad to see him go ANYWHERE!

On top of everything else, you have the continuing seasons declining numbers even coming out for R'dale football.

60+ odd players and that was only because he used Freshmen on Varsity.......

What will the upcoming season bring?

BTW I 'thought' the Coach was supposed to be RETIRING?  What happen, NO offers from out of state after watching his record?

With this it will be my last word on the current Head Coach of R'dale.  Y'all already know I will not be sad to see him go ANYWHERE!

"With this it will be my last word on the current Head Coach of R'dale."

Care to wager on that little statement?

You must be getting worried that he is not leaving to still be insulting him on a message board. He has a record that is better than 90% of coaches that ever blow a whistle. 

Cue the LOD broken record about the glory days and what IS and IS NOT acceptable in YOUR BOOK!!!...

"With this it will be my last word on the current Head Coach of R'dale."

Care to wager on that little statement?

You must be getting worried that he is not leaving to still be insulting him on a message board. He has a record that is better than 90% of coaches that ever blow a whistle. 

Cue the LOD broken record about the glory days and what IS and IS NOT acceptable in YOUR BOOK!!!...

So Swami , is 4-6 acceptable in your book ?