7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

Heart and talent is not the problem. When a 14 to 18 year old gets beat down constantly and never built back up by the coaching staff is a problem.

If the talent is in the halls, it certainly is the problem. Why its there is up for debate. I say they don't have the heart to play the game it needs to be played anyway, so them walking the halls instead of being on the field is not a real concern. You say the talent is in the hall because the coach is too hard on the players. LOD says he is not hard  enough on them. You folks are sure a very confused lot. 

So you want a coach to be a kinder, gentler type? There is a reason there are not many moms coaching football.

If junior doesnt have what it takes to survive a tough coaching staff, he can find a place walking the halls with the others that don't have what it takes to play football. The team is better off without him and having a pansy off the team and walking the hallways saves the entire program a lot of headaches. 

"Hope & change" certainly worked out better than "dopey and rage" (aka bush-2 & cheney)

I'll take the Dow Jones at an all time high vs. losing half it's value under shrub jr. any day.

bushfail.jpg

When the almighty dollar becomes more important than integrity and freedom, we are doomed. I guess it has already happened and your statement proves it. No wonder the country is in a mess, money worshipers, whiners and complainers, and ignorant masses listening to the loudest voice only because they have the loudest voice. 

Thank goodness more Chinese speak English than there are Americans (fact check it and ask yourself why a closed country is bent on learning the business language of the world). At least our kids or grand kids probably won't have to learn another language when a different flag is flying over the white house. We are almost ripe for the picking because of our moral decay. Guess who knows it? The ones learning English.  

LOD is talking a different kind of hard. LOD is talking about tuff love, discipline and hard work. If you knew anything about coaching you would understand where we are coming from. Swimi, you would have to be around the program to understand. David is behind the scene, he is not at practice hearing what's going on. Of coarse he likes the coaches, all he hears is praises and thank you for helping out with all the behind the scene stuff. Before you make any more comments come hang out at practice and games for a season. Besides, that is pansy of you calling kids pansy's.

LOD is talking a different kind of hard. LOD is talking about tuff love, discipline and hard work. If you knew anything about coaching you would understand where we are coming from. Swimi, you would have to be around the program to understand. David is behind the scene, he is not at practice hearing what's going on. Of coarse he likes the coaches, all he hears is praises and thank you for helping out with all the behind the scene stuff. Before you make any more comments come hang out at practice and games for a season. Besides, that is pansy of you calling kids pansy's.

I played and coached football, albeit a VERY long time ago. I will absolutely tell a kid he is being a pansy if he is being a pansy. That's called the truth and the truth is always tough love. And any team is better off without a pansy, no matter how good his stats may appear to be.

What is your connection to the program? 

By 2008, The Bush-Cheney team had racked up another $3 trillion in debt in just 6 years. The US national debt by then stood at $8.4 trillion dollars while the trade deficit had ballooned to $800 billion nearly 7% of GDP - much of it with who else but China.

Be sure and thank WalMart too.  Most of the merchandise you buy there is made in China by ultra-low-wage labor.

But don't let facts get in the way of tea-party conspiracy theory BS.

You still don't get it and really never will until you are there to witness what's going on, instead of going on someone else's opinion. How would your marriage go if you were always telling your wife how stupid she was and she can't do anything right that she is a waste of time. she would either start accepting it and not improve or realize how stupid you are and get the heck out.

By 2008, The Bush-Cheney team had racked up another $3 trillion in debt in just 6 years. The US national debt by then stood at $8.4 trillion dollars while the trade deficit had ballooned to $800 billion nearly 7% of GDP - much of it with who else but China.

Be sure and thank WalMart too.  Most of the merchandise you buy there is made in China by ultra-low-wage labor.

But don't let facts get in the way of tea-party conspiracy theory BS.

Your sensitivity for what appears to be your party is causing you to make foolish assumptions. I never said I was a republican or a democrat. Never let intelligence get in the way of your party bs.

And I never shop at walmart. 

You still don't get it and really never will until you are there to witness what's going on, instead of going on someone else's opinion. How would your marriage go if you were always telling your wife how stupid she was and she can't do anything right that she is a waste of time. she would either start accepting it and not improve or realize how stupid you are and get the heck out.

You still don't get it. Not all kids are cut out to be football players. Hard nosed coaches weed those out and they walk the halls and whine about how much they don't like the coach. If the stayed on the team, they would whine about their playing time, play calling, where the team eats, the team website, and the color of the uniforms. The program is better off without them. 

And you didn't answer my question; what is your connection to the program? You speak of witnessing...what is your connection? I feel a non answer or dodge coming...

He has already graduated. He played and played very well. Hardly ever come off the field. No axe to grind for me on his part. Just giving my opinion on what I have seen for the last eight years and where the program is now.

No one likes where any program is after a losing season. Fair weather fans are the worst. Rankin had a losing season at Riverdale too. 4-6 as a matter of fact. A lot of good things came after that. Sure, it was his first season and all that, but none the less. Both Rankin and Aydelott have one losing season at Riverdale. 

And if you think the talent level at Riverdale, both in the hall and on the field is the same as it was in 93-04, you are crazy and out of touch.