Fulton vs Catholic

Bill4volz

I thought Rollins-Davis was done for the year, I hope I thought wrong because if he comes back then we will cruise by Catholic.

I hope the young man is able to play if he plays fulton by as many as they want , if he doesnt , fulton by as many as they want , it doesnt matter you guys seem to bring them out of nowhere the # 44 kid i dont know his name but he came in and ran like a beast in the 2nd half , congrats on win bring it all home we need to keep it on the east side.

Good luck to CAK next week.  Oh wait!!!!  HAHAHAHA!

LOL...good one...did you come up with that one yourself?   :rolleyes:  I think that one has been around longer than I have.  But in all seriousness, congratulations on the Irish getting this far.  Actually many CAK fans have been rooting for the Irish to get far enough into the playoffs to face Fulton.  Kind of the luck of the draw that my team ran into its buzz saw a week before yours is going to.  After the game Friday, let's reconvene here and see if you're still laughing.  You might begin to wish you'd been eliminated this week.   :popcorneater:

LOL...good one...did you come up with that one yourself? :rolleyes: I think that one has been around longer than I have. But in all seriousness, congratulations on the Irish getting this far. Actually many CAK fans have been rooting for the Irish to get far enough into the playoffs to face Fulton. Kind of the luck of the draw that my team ran into its buzz saw a week before yours is going to. After the game Friday, let's reconvene here and see if you're still laughing. You might begin to wish you'd been eliminated this week. :popcorneater:

Now that's funny, CAK pulling for Catholic. You must mean pulling for us to lose. CAK can't beat Catholic in football (0-3 lifetime) or basketball (Coach Hutchens is 36-1 vs CAK in 25 years of coaching) so you guys cheer for anyone playing us. I can't blame you, I cheer for anyone who plays Duke. With the exception of your QB Cole Smith, (his cousins play for Catholic) I'm sure he roots for the Irish (except when they play CAK). Pulling for us no need too. The boys understand what they are up against and they won't run or back down from this gigantic challenge. With so many starters returning next year this will only help the Irish for next season. Fulton with or with out Rollins-Davis is an extremely talented team. They probably can pick a score but I know our kids are excited for this opportunity and my son who plays as a freshman can't wait to play these guys no matter the out come. He's been playing against their youth teams since second grade and he feels this will be a great atmosphere to play. Good luck to both teams on Friday night and congrats to the season CAK had. I know Cole Smith and I'm glad he had a very productive freshman year and will have a great career at CAK.

How many of those injured players does Knox Catholic have back now?

They have most of their regulars back. Junior Jordan Anderson (a 6'3 200 lb WR) is still out. No matter whose back for Catholic, Fulton is Fulton, it's like Friday Nights Light when the reporter says all roads lead through Dallas Carter, well in 4A all roads lead through Fulton. Like I said earlier an incredible challenge and great learning experience for our team. Catholic starts and plays a lot of underclassmen (mostly sophomores and freshman) on their varsity. So many people have said the Falcons can win by as many as they want. It maybe true but our kids will be there and give it everything they have. I just hope for an injury free game for both teams.

Now that's funny, CAK pulling for Catholic. You must mean pulling for us to lose. CAK can't beat Catholic in football (0-3 lifetime) or basketball (Coach Hutchens is 36-1 vs CAK in 25 years of coaching) so you guys cheer for anyone playing us. I can't blame you, I cheer for anyone who plays Duke. With the exception of your QB Cole Smith, (his cousins play for Catholic) I'm sure he roots for the Irish (except when they play CAK). Pulling for us no need too. The boys understand what they are up against and they won't run or back down from this gigantic challenge. With so many starters returning next year this will only help the Irish for next season. Fulton with or with out Rollins-Davis is an extremely talented team. They probably can pick a score but I know our kids are excited for this opportunity and my son who plays as a freshman can't wait to play these guys no matter the out come. He's been playing against their youth teams since second grade and he feels this will be a great atmosphere to play. Good luck to both teams on Friday night and congrats to the season CAK had. I know Cole Smith and I'm glad he had a very productive freshman year and will have a great career at CAK.

I mean no ill will toward the Irish in general.  I've actually gotten to know a couple of the boys on the team and they're nice young men.  I didn't ever have any reason to root "against" the Irish until this year's game against CAK, when I (and several other CAK parents) took note of the conduct of Irish #28 and one other kid whose number I can't recall.  Both took every opportunity they had to taunt CAK players on the field; their demeanor and behavior on the field were well beyond the typical banter that takes place in the trenches of a HS game, and were certainly not what one would expect from players from a Christian school.  From that point on, I'll admit rooting for those two young men to be served as many helpings of humble pie as the season will allow.  Perhaps enough humble pie will instill a measure of humility in them for their own good and the good of those around them.  Congratulations to your son on getting his HS career off to a great start and good luck to him throughout the rest of this year and the next three.

I thought Rollins-Davis was done for the year, I hope I thought wrong because if he comes back then we will cruise by Catholic.

What is the Word on Rollins-Davis ? Hope the Young man is able to Play , good luck to both teams ... Most Maryville fans I know are Football nuts so ya we do keep up with more than just Maryville ... lol 

Would Love to see an East TN sweep this year , wow that would be AWESOME !!

I mean no ill will toward the Irish in general. I've actually gotten to know a couple of the boys on the team and they're nice young men. I didn't ever have any reason to root "against" the Irish until this year's game against CAK, when I (and several other CAK parents) took note of the conduct of Irish #28 and one other kid whose number I can't recall. Both took every opportunity they had to taunt CAK players on the field; their demeanor and behavior on the field were well beyond the typical banter that takes place in the trenches of a HS game, and were certainly not what one would expect from players from a Christian school. From that point on, I'll admit rooting for those two young men to be served as many helpings of humble pie as the season will allow. Perhaps enough humble pie will instill a measure of humility in them for their own good and the good of those around them. Congratulations to your son on getting his HS career off to a great start and good luck to him throughout the rest of this year and the next three.

#28 is a transfer. From the stands it's hard to hear what's being said. I for one appreciate the competition and feel the trash talking and extra stuff isn't needed. I try to teach that to my son as well.

#28 is a transfer. From the stands it's hard to hear what's being said. I for one appreciate the competition and feel the trash talking and extra stuff isn't needed. I try to teach that to my son as well.

I suspect your son plays the game the way it should be played.  I'm aware that 28 is a transfer.  If anybody didn't know who he is, the News Sentinel reminds us just about every week that he's the son of a UT coach.  And I'm not basing my observations on what I could hear from the stands, which wasn't much, but what I visually saw from the stands--which was quite a bit of taunting at the end of plays--and what was reported to me by my son, a three-year starter who has seen and heard plenty of trash talk, and some of his teammates, who all reported that 28 was one of the most obnoxious they've played against.