14A reminds me of Memphis Basketball

Galilee

This is his 3rd year. His first year he took a team with no D-1 talent that had won 7 games in 2 years to the sate championship game. He also made it back last year with a soph led team. Both of those CPA teams would have beaten any team in TN including AAA. We stat 4 jrs and I sr. Our record may not be as good as some because of our non-league. Hamilton twice, Whitehaven, Jackson SS, CPA, and Atlanta Westlake. So I guess we will see if we all make it to the sectionals.

PS: If I sounded harsh I am sorry, I just do not allow others to talk down our students. I make it a point on here to never degrade a child.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for that,im sure Mitchell have great kids. I probably couldve worded it better, but dont mean anything toward the kids.Mitchell have a good team,because I seen them last year,but there are 3 teams that will give them a challenge.Like I said earlier,they will not beat UC or Humbolt on the road for substate,but nobody will be able to beat Mitchell at Mitchell neither.On a neutral court,i like the 3 teams over here chances.Keep us posted on Atlanta vs Memphis Classic Saturday. If the Marshall County Hoopfest wasnt this weekend, I would come. I know White Station, ECS,Whitehaven will be playing this weekend there.I know you guys will not have a great record by playing some tough Memphis teams and also going to the King of the Bluegrass.UC may get to play BTW at the Poplar Bluff Christmas Tournament.

I apologize for that,im sure Mitchell have great kids. I probably couldve worded it better, but dont mean anything toward the kids.Mitchell have a good team,because I seen them last year,but there are 3 teams that will give them a challenge.Like I said earlier,they will not beat UC or Humbolt on the road for substate,but nobody will be able to beat Mitchell at Mitchell neither.On a neutral court,i like the 3 teams over here chances.Keep us posted on Atlanta vs Memphis Classic Saturday. If the Marshall County Hoopfest wasnt this weekend, I would come. I know White Station, ECS,Whitehaven will be playing this weekend there.I know you guys will not have a great record by playing some tough Memphis teams and also going to the King of the Bluegrass.UC may get to play BTW at the Poplar Bluff Christmas Tournament.

Chipper .You keep saying 3 teams.Cant wait to play UC after christmas.

No disrepect Bigster,but UC will also get 2 players back after the football team win the State Championship. We will play 9-10 players.I think Lake Co will be the 4 seed,but they can pull an upset in the regionals.Bumpus and Moffatt will make us a better team.We are playing pretty good now,and some younger guys like Sisco,Fred Blackwell,and Polk getting some valuable minutes now and each getting better each game.

No disrepect Bigster,but UC will also get 2 players back after the football team win the State Championship. We will play 9-10 players.I think Lake Co will be the 4 seed,but they can pull an upset in the regionals.Bumpus and Moffatt will make us a better team.We are playing pretty good now,and some younger guys like Sisco,Fred Blackwell,and Polk getting some valuable minutes now and each getting better each game.

Sisco wont be able to push strayhorn around and I look for Blevins,and his jumping ability to be able to play Deberry pretty good.Those two players,if it happens to go with what Lake co has with Coleman and Taylor etc. will be pretty tough

Bigster u need to stop man u making my head hurt..Ain't nobody worried about Strayhorn because for one..He hasn't played since 8th grade and Freshman yr..2.His attitude will get his team in a mess..3..Hopefully he has passing grades..And as far as Blevins goes..So what if he can guard Deberry.. Uc has 3 players that average double figures...But..you have one thing going for yall and that's ..Can Sisco get em out of the region?..Time will tell.

Bigster u need to stop man u making my head hurt..Ain't nobody worried about Strayhorn because for one..He hasn't played since 8th grade and Freshman yr..2.His attitude will get his team in a mess..3..Hopefully he has passing grades..And as far as Blevins goes..So what if he can guard Deberry.. Uc has 3 players that average double figures...But..you have one thing going for yall and that's ..Can Sisco get em out of the region?..Time will tell.

You could be right.My son has played with him and said he could play..Said he was better than a player starting now.And that playerm isnt bad.Just going by that.As for his attitude,have met him only once so I cant answer that.I do know coach B never allowed him to play so I'll just leave it at that.Just hoping he has grown the  past couple years after sitting out.If not,he doesnt need to play.And for the grades.Hoping they do make it.But if not,they should have done the things required.As for the other 3,Lake Co has players that can guard them .But having those players  also may Coleman better.Drive the lane and dish off to someone that can score or shoot a layup himself.Seems like this coach is taking Coleman out of the game more.Not wanting to depend on coleman as much and more of a team.Maybe it will work but if you have a stud that can get to the basket at will and a senior,I think I'd keep doing or let him do his thing.Seems to have worked pretty good the past 3 seasons

Edited by mrbigster

You could be right.My son has played with him and said he could play..Said he was better than a player starting now.And that playerm isnt bad.Just going by that.As for his attitude,have met him only once so I cant answer that.I do know coach B never allowed him to play so I'll just leave it at that.Just hoping he has grown the past couple years after sitting out.If not,he doesnt need to play.And for the grades.Hoping they do make it.But if not,they should have done the things required.As for the other 3,Lake Co has players that can guard them .But having those players also may Coleman better.Drive the lane and dish off to someone that can score or shoot a layup himself.Seems like this coach is taking Coleman out of the game more.Not wanting to depend on coleman as much and more of a team.Maybe it will work but if you have a stud that can get to the basket at will and a senior,I think I'd keep doing or let him do his thing.Seems to have worked pretty good the past 3 seasons

truthfully unless u got in somebody pretty good he is Lake Co. best player so I don't understand that one either unless to make him show he is more of a point guard to make him more attractive to colleges

truthfully unless u got in somebody pretty good he is Lake Co. best player so I don't understand that one either unless to make him show he is more of a point guard to make him more attractive to colleges

He hasnt hardly been bringing the ball up the court.It's been Number 5.the Taylor kid and number 1,I think is a sophomore named Jones.Maybe to keep Zay out of foul trouble  or keep him fresh.Or after they get the ball close to the basket,get him the ball and let him do his thing..His scoring is down and he hasnt handled the ball as much.Dont know about tonight as I didnt go against Gibson Co.Heard Lake Co won about 67-60

He hasnt hardly been bringing the ball up the court.It's been Number 5.the Taylor kid and number 1,I think is a sophomore named Jones.Maybe to keep Zay out of foul trouble or keep him fresh.Or after they get the ball close to the basket,get him the ball and let him do his thing..His scoring is down and he hasnt handled the ball as much.Dont know about tonight as I didnt go against Gibson Co.Heard Lake Co won about 67-60

do u think it might be a problem with the new coach