Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

First of all, I would like to say something about the wonderful sportsmanship I saw in this game.  No chest beating, no rubbing it in someone's face, no grandstanding after a score.  Just the runner handing the ball to the ref and going back to business. I have never seen that in a game in HS football where both teams were fully focused with the task at hand. 

Very good game with the Patriots coming out ahead but they tried to give it away with the read option blunder of a fumble.  Both teams should be great next year also. 

• Upvote 1

I would like to congratulate West on a great season. You definitely have a great team and some of the hardest hitting players that HC has run into this year. Hope to see you again next year!

Now congratulations to the awesome Henry Co. team that never seems to be fazed by adversity when things don't always go their way. This has to be an attitude that is instilled in you by coaches that know how to get the most from their players no matter what the circumstances are. This attitude will stay with you long after your football playing days are over. Congratulations to Coach Counce as i am sure that he has had time to let this sink in a little bit now. To be able to coach with his son as his assistant and to win 2 state championships, one in 2011 when his grandson Caleb was playing for HC and now when his other grandson Matthew is playing for HC. Definitely very good days for HC football. Hope they continue for a long time.

Hope my man # 62 gets well soon!!!!  

• Upvote 2

If knox West wants to really know how to run the option give me a buzz.  Really great game was impressed with both teams, so sad some one had to loose.  I cannot help but favor the option teams though.  I know around 2000 when Neb. started declining I was an idiot for still running it.  The option is just like an old hot rod, still like to run it on race day.  Hats off to HC, however that QB from KW stole my heart at the end of game.  He will go far in life.