UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOES 2014

Halliday80

If SP is drawing from 30,000 they need to do a better job because we only have 28-30 kids this year and none of them are new except for a few freshmen that played for our middle school last year.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/47/47115.html

My bad 28300... -_-

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/47/47131.html

Union City has over 31000 to pick from... :huh:

confucius say...TC beat UC in pool play on 7 vs 7 a few weeks ago...but i think UC won the bracket play tournament....UC should win 1A without much competition this year imho.

Oh and BTW....SP and UC have 1 thing going for them both....they are both 1a schools drawing kids from a county of 30,000 plus unlike most 1A and 2A teams!!

atlas say....  Confucius doesn't have a clue on how Union City and Obion County school systems are like (Union City 1a, South Fulton 1a, Obion County Central 4a)  Kids go to school where their parents went to school.  Some transfers / year (less than 10 county/city wide) but not due to athletics on most part (mostly academic, and hate to say it, but race as well)  Kids that live in city go to county, kids in county go to city.... pretty much where their parents went to school the main reason. 

atlas say....  Confucius doesn't have a clue on how Union City and Obion County school systems are like (Union City 1a, South Fulton 1a, Obion County Central 4a)  Kids go to school where their parents went to school.  Some transfers / year (less than 10 county/city wide) but not due to athletics on most part (mostly academic, and hate to say it, but race as well)  Kids that live in city go to county, kids in county go to city.... pretty much where their parents went to school the main reason. 

confucius say...i was just stating the facts...you can argue with them if you want to...but they are still a fact.

I understand about the open zone Confucius, but SP is at least 100 kids below the cutoff so we aren't doing a good job of getting kids to come to SP. Honestly about 98-99% of SP kids probably live within 5-6 miles of school. Every now and then we will get a kid from up the road, but its rare. I can't speak for Union City, but I'm sure it's similar.

Sorry ....but first of all....Union City has ONLY about 9000 folks in the city.  Over half of the county high school kids that go to Obion are city kids and that is fine.  Union City has about 370 in high school.  Just anted to set that straight.  There are three school in the county Union City is in....South Fulton High School which usually has its troubles in some sports.  Union City which basically runs the table county wide in all sports.  Then Obion County High which is 4A and can barely beat a single A school in any sports.

Edited by ucdiditagain

Union City is L O A D E D in ALL aspects of the game.  Yes...this may go down as one of the most talented and can do anything football team that has ever put on the Purple and Gold.  They have a kicker, a running game, a passing game....a defense that will hurt you and a huge line that is very fast...just as NCS.  If Union City can stay away from the injury bug most of the season.....should go undefeated.  They could compete with many 2A, 3A and 4A  schools this year locally.  Should be a very fun year.  They also have a couple new kids who have transferred in from the county school as well as out of state that will step right in and help make a huge difference.

confucius say...i was just stating the facts...you can argue with them if you want to...but they are still a fact.

Look dude we are not the only school in this county. Obion County Central is a 4A school and then there is South Fulton another 1A school. Like Atlas said Kids go to school where their parents went to school. So your facts, as you call them, are tainted. Obion County is spread out with Troy Tn, the home of OCC, in the middle of the county. Therefore more kids go to the 4A school. We are a farming community, so it is dificult for kids who are farther from UC to go to scholl here. We draw 95% of our students from the city. so that is 15000 people. I know from reading your other posts that you will not accept this response. But I have stated the facts....you can argue them if you want to....but the facts are the facts.

• Upvote 1

Union City is L O A D E D in ALL aspects of the game.  Yes...this may go down as one of the most talented and can do anything football team that has ever put on the Purple and Gold.  They have a kicker, a running game, a passing game....a defense that will hurt you and a huge line that is very fast...just as NCS.  If Union City can stay away from the injury bug most of the season.....should go undefeated.  They could compete with many 2A, 3A and 4A  schools this year locally.  Should be a very fun year.  They also have a couple new kids who have transferred in from the county school as well as out of state that will step right in and help make a huge difference.

confucius say...like i said 30000+ to get the athletes from... :popcorneater:

Thank you to all of those who are pumping UC up this year. It is good to be considered top dog in 1A. I just want to say that we are taking a diferent approach to this season. We are forgetting last year and focusing on getting better and stronger. We must do 3 things Compete, Play Pysical, and Limit Fumbles.

confucius say...like i said 30000+ to get the athletes from... :popcorneater:

And who is your team....SP ...NCS....Wayne Co....lol.  Just keep on typing the fire paper...we will do our talking on the field as we have done in the past......And your nic name speaks well for yourself...."CONFUSED" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOL.

And who is your team....SP ...NCS....Wayne Co....lol.  Just keep on typing the fire paper...we will do our talking on the field as we have done in the past......And your nic name speaks well for yourself...."CONFUSED" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOL.

confused say...my team beat your little girls like a stepchild in the 2005 1A championship game...don't know if you watched it but man was it a BLOWOUT!!!