Wayne County 2014

wildcat89

I think that Dawson Mathis can do a good job at WR. He's another one that could benefit from the weight room. Also, Chase Camfield will be back who made several big catches for us this year.

Yeah that's right....I had forgot about those two.

Well, I'll say this...it's time to get their minds right because waiting for next year is over. I mean that I want to see veteran players...i.e. Not getting the big head ands staying focused all season, not getting caught out of position, and taking accountability. We've got 2nd and 3rd year starters that feature juniors and seniors. Also, a very talented soph. class. It's time for them to take care of business.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

89, who do we have in this years Freshman class that could help us in the line? Also, who else do you see that can step up for us in the line? What about the Skelton kid? Collins needs weight, strength and an anger management class. LOL Haggard need weigh and strength. Pierce needs weigh and strength. The Davis kid won't get much bigger but I'am sure he can get stronger because he's a hard worker. Who do you see possibly stepping up? If #4 will dedicate himself to the weight room he will be hard to handle. Since he is not playing basketball I look for big gains in strength if he works hard.

I don't think there's any lineman coming up this year that will contribute right away but the ones that will be 8th graders are loaded with lineman. The freshman group will have Avery Davis and that group of backs that will be some good ones pretty quick. I agree on the weight room and they will have to get at it hard, mine is already pushing the others to get to work. WC weight room program actually took off after the loss to UC in 09, seems they figured out we were behind in that area!

Its going to be a long wait from now to next season for these young men who really want to do their best on the football field!  They need to use this time to better themselves in the weight room, and to push them to get better! I really believe there are kids that haven't even scratched the surface of their talent, and if pushed they will come out next year!  I hope we move forward and progress and we will be hard to handle next season!  You haven't  seen what these boys are capable of yet, but i believe every WC fan will be excited when it happens! "GO CATS"

Its going to be a long wait from now to next season for these young men who really want to do their best on the football field! They need to use this time to better themselves in the weight room, and to push them to get better! I really believe there are kids that haven't even scratched the surface of their talent, and if pushed they will come out next year! I hope we move forward and progress and we will be hard to handle next season! You haven't seen what these boys are capable of yet, but i believe every WC fan will be excited when it happens! "GO CATS"

I couldn't agree more, it starts now! What it comes down to is how hard their willing to work to get to we're they want to be. The talent is there, all they have to do is get stronger and faster. We will miss the graduating seniors but that's high school football, you just have to move on to the next group and get after it.

Who all does Wayne County have returning? I've only watched a few teams from the west this year, just curious if anyone has a shot besides NCS and Humboldt to knock out Union next year. I don't see it but things don't always work out the way some plan for it to. I'm just keeping it real

Wc is returning Preston Rice at qb, Logan Cole, Lucas Ray, Joe Birchette and Chase Turnbow in the backfield. They are returning several starting lineman and receivers. WC has a good mix of seniors to go along with a talented class of underclassmen that got lots of playing time this year. It's going to be a fun year and would love to get to play UC this year, veer on veer!