South Pittsburg 2014

Eraser

A veteran note-taker (all true pirates know of him) said the score was 4-4 not 6-4.  Maybe he was wrong, but he is usually spot on with his handy dandy notebook.

KF is usually pretty accurate, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him.  Beerman may be right...I definetly sensed some frustration among our boys, which led to the scuffle.  I think it was the slap in the face they needed to make them realize this may not be the best team we've had in a while.  Don't get me wrong - they're great, with great potential, but wins are not going to come as easy as they used to.  They can go toe-to-toe with any 1A team, but that extra oomph they need for bigger teams may not be there....yet.  They're not done.  When they get a few games under their belt I think they'll come out swinging.  I was really impressed with Chase Blevins and Triston Adams.  When Fitzgerald needs a rest they'll be great replacements.  M. Blevins was out with an ankle and we missed him.  Fitzgerald went out early with a shoulder...that Bennett boy filled in pretty good at safety.  (Sorry, just had to say that.)

I don't know what happened in the scrimmage but just being brutally honest if they can't beat bledsoe...scrimmage or not...then they are going to have a tough time beating bell county, Hixson, sequatchie, jasper, boyd, and Polk. As Tyrone would say I'm just keeping it real. Hopefully, they get it together quick. The season starts in 2 weeks.

I don't know what happened in the scrimmage but just being brutally honest if they can't beat bledsoe...scrimmage or not...then they are going to have a tough time beating bell county, Hixson, sequatchie, jasper, boyd, and Polk. As Tyrone would say I'm just keeping it real. Hopefully, they get it together quick. The season starts in 2 weeks.

GB has a scrimmage with Polk Mon at GB,hopefully i will make it,either me or Kee1925 will have a breakdown on them.Good luck to you all.That first one is going to be a handful for anybody!

KF is usually pretty accurate, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him. Beerman may be right...I definetly sensed some frustration among our boys, which led to the scuffle. I think it was the slap in the face they needed to make them realize this may not be the best team we've had in a while. Don't get me wrong - they're great, with great potential, but wins are not going to come as easy as they used to. They can go toe-to-toe with any 1A team, but that extra oomph they need for bigger teams may not be there....yet. They're not done. When they get a few games under their belt I think they'll come out swinging. I was really impressed with Chase Blevins and Triston Adams. When Fitzgerald needs a rest they'll be great replacements. M. Blevins was out with an ankle and we missed him. Fitzgerald went out early with a shoulder...that Bennett boy filled in pretty good at safety. (Sorry, just had to say that.)

D60 what kind of mess is this? If our boys can't beat that Reel mans team them you can forget making it to the championship game. That Moore man is going to have to get control of our boys. Our blockers could not even knock a hole last night. They didn't even have any boys that could play in the sec. You think im joking but im not.

Dad burnit PP, Old Pirate is having a right powerful hard time believing OP is actually reading what OP's eyes is a seeing ! Fer the first time in many moons OP is agreeing with what you is a posting. The Pirates have got to work hard to improve quick. Now as about what D60 is saying is comical. Fellers, it's jest like a HEEP of fellers has knowd for a long spell , it ain't the swinging that gets a feller rung up, it's them shots that land that do the damage. Point here is, the Pirates have to do far more than come out swinging.., the good teams know how to land solid shots and the Great teams knows how to get the knock out. If the Pirates can only come out swinging it'll be a long season. OP hopes D60 is jest dizzy from a recent skillet attack. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit PP, Old Pirate is having a right powerful hard time believing OP is actually reading what OP's eyes is a seeing ! Fur the first time in many moons OP is agreeing with what you is a posting. The Pirates have got to work hard to improve quick. Now as about what D60 is saying is comical. Fellers, it's jest like a HEEP of fellers has knowd for a long spell , it ain't the swinging that gets a feller rung up, it's them shots that land that do the damage. Point here is, the Pirates have to do far more than swing....., the good teams know how to land solid and the Great teams knows how to get the knock out. If the Pirates can only come out swinging it'll be a long season. OP hopes D60 is jest dizzy from a recent skillet attack.

confucius say... :roflolk: ...SP will be all right once the playoffs roll around...1A is weak...except for UC