Wing T Offense is Not a 6a State Title Offense.

64NB95

1. He has stated many times that his offense is a hybrid of the wing T. So yes, many of the principles are there.

2. I have no idea who Aurburn is. Auburn is in the SEC. Aurburn. No idea.

3. If you think the spread would have helped Hendersonville win the championship, you are delusional. Maryville had by far more talent on the field. That is what wins championships. Jimmys and Joes not x's and O's. I bet CPA starts to correct that in football like basketball has.

4. Both Blackman and Oakland were much better than Hendersonville. The Commandos just got the good side of the bracket and squeaked out a couple against Station Camp and White Station. If they had to go the other way on the bracket, they are done 2nd round.

5. Geez. You act like Hendersonville should be state champ every year. Too many schools around there pulling your players. He has done a great job. Did you really think at the start of the year that Hendersonville would be playing in Cookeville? C'mon.

I don't think Hendersonville would have won no matter what Offense they ran,  But when they scored 7 pts out of the Wing T I told my son.  10 is all they will score running that Offense against Maryville.  Here is another thing.  Watch TC run the Wing T and watch Hendersonville.  It almost looks like two different offenses.  The standard Wing T as run by Hendersonville can be altered to do so much more out of it.  I was impressed with what Brian Graves did with at Westmoreland this year.  Each week the Opponent was given looks and plays that they hadn't seen.  When Clint Saterfield was the Coach at TC he ran whatever offense suited his Talent.  Some years Wing T some years the Spread.  Just adjust to the Talent on your team is all I would like to see.  That QB at Hendersonville would have been hard to handle with the Players Spread out and he being given the Option to run or throw on a Spread Out Defense.  Instead he was Sandwiched with everybody in the Box and no adjustments made for that.  Hendersonville's Talent should have scored 21 even on Maryville.

1. He has stated many times that his offense is a hybrid of the wing T. So yes, many of the principles are there.

2. I have no idea who Aurburn is. Auburn is in the SEC. Aurburn. No idea.

3. If you think the spread would have helped Hendersonville win the championship, you are delusional. Maryville had by far more talent on the field. That is what wins championships. Jimmys and Joes not x's and O's. I bet CPA starts to correct that in football like basketball has.

4. Both Blackman and Oakland were much better than Hendersonville. The Commandos just got the good side of the bracket and squeaked out a couple against Station Camp and White Station. If they had to go the other way on the bracket, they are done 2nd round.

5. Geez. You act like Hendersonville should be state champ every year. Too many schools around there pulling your players. He has done a great job. Did you really think at the start of the year that Hendersonville would be playing in Cookeville? C'mon.[/quote

Your first statement was not correct is the point. All the new offenses that are being ran had to come from a concept of an older scheme.

I have never stated that HHS would have beat Maryville.

The main point is that The Wing T will not be featured in the national.championship game unlike you first stated

Obviously,. you do not work in the education field. In the schools we get fed a new "can't fail" program every two to three years. Unfortunately, many are just the same old stuff we have been doing with very minor changes and a bright new name. Calling it something else does not change what it is. They also never run any system long enough to find out if it really works or not. They just jump on the next bandwagon. Kind of like the spread. Flavor of the month.  As was stated before, you have to run what suits your personel. The fact that he got to the final speaks volumes that it did.

Also, I said you will see MANY of the principles and schemes involved in the wing t run by Auburn. Semantics.

Hendersonville has been 4 times to the Title game.  They are 0 - 4 running the Wing - T.  The Wing T is a good offense for 1 and 2A Football.  It is not the Offense you need to win the state in 3A thru 6A.  Maryville's Penetration of taking out the pulling Guards destroyed it.  It is very hard to establish a good balanced attack out of this Set.  Above the 2A level I have seen very few Championships won in the past 25 years with the Wing T.

The wing T beat florida for ga southern. Its not the xs and os nearly as much as it is the players. Maryville can talk up the coaching staff all they want and they are great but, I have said it before and will say it again they have better players than almost everyone. When they play some team that has more players they are fortunate that those team tend to be not the best coached. They tend to have the edge on both fronts is my point coaching and talent. The whole fulton maryville debate this year just reminds me how little most fans know about football. Fulton in my opinion would get destroyed by this maryville squad. I say that as a person who would be a fan of anyone who could pull the upset.This reb team was not going to get beat by anybody that they faced. I would put my money on them vs ensworth as well.

PS I cant stand the allstars from 825 hahaha but they are darn good. Hendersonville could have had any playbook they wanted and the result would have been the same. I knew when prevo had 2 carries for 80 yards and 6 points it was business as usual for the rebs.

GoBears!!

Obviously,. you do not work in the education field. In the schools we get fed a new "can't fail" program every two to three years. Unfortunately, many are just the same old stuff we have been doing with very minor changes and a bright new name. Calling it something else does not change what it is. They also never run any system long enough to find out if it really works or not. They just jump on the next bandwagon. Kind of like the spread. Flavor of the month. As was stated before, you have to run what suits your personel. The fact that he got to the final speaks volumes that it did.

Also, I said you will see MANY of the principles and schemes involved in the wing t run by Auburn. Semantics.

You will see a lot of the triple option from the gun, spread concepts on zone read, and guess what they also pass too. Not at all like the wing t you stated. To say auburn is a wing t team is false no matter what you want to say.

I'm going off of what your first statement was "You will see a wing t team in the national championship game"

You will see a lot of the triple option from the gun, spread concepts on zone read, and guess what they also pass too. Not at all like the wing t you stated. To say auburn is a wing t team is false no matter what you want to say.

I'm going off of what your first statement was "You will see a wing t team in the national championship game"

Who do you coach for and how long have you coached?  What system do you run?

Auburn runs a gun wing T spread offense and Gus will admit to it.  Granted, he was a spread guy as a High School coach and almost a single wing guy with Cam.  I don't think any team will beat Maryville running a one dimensional offense.  They do run the triple option out of the gun and they will pass while having linemen downfield (see bama game).  If the penalty ain't called, its all good.  I think the point of this thread is.... you better be able to adjust offensively to beat the Maryville program. 

Auburn runs a gun wing T spread offense and Gus will admit to it. Granted, he was a spread guy as a High School coach and almost a single wing guy with Cam. I don't think any team will beat Maryville running a one dimensional offense. They do run the triple option out of the gun and they will pass while having linemen downfield (see bama game). If the penalty ain't called, its all good. I think the point of this thread is.... you better be able to adjust offensively to beat the Maryville program.

You are correct Gus runs concepts from many different football systems.

I was just stating I would not call Auburns O the wing t because its so much more than that.

To beat Maryville you have to keep them thinking and play assignment football. Plus have the jimmys and joes to compete. No one dimensional team will do that