Adamsville Cardinals 2014

Redrage1990

Adamsville had a great showing with Lexington Tigers ! After swapping out scoreless series Lexington struck first with a broken play for a TD! Adamsville answered the next series with two TD's and put a stop to Lexington's scoring for the rest if the scrimmage ! After the JV ran up 4 TD's and stoned thier offense the varsity came back and played smash mouth and drove the field for another score ! With a total of 7-1 Adamsville showed a lot of promise for the up coming season ! Great spring !!!

Edited by Redrage1990

Adamsville fans, I have watched the semifinal game between Aville and TCA about 10 times and keep hoping TCA will eventually win but it just doesn't seem to work out for me!! lol  I did want to point something out about Aville that very few people mention.  I have watched film over and over to try to find out why Neary had 375 yards of rushing and Wallace probably had 60 but those 60 were crucial big yards.  I realize TCA's defense was barely average(will be much better this coming year) but it wasn't that bad.  We did hold some pretty good teams down throughout the year.  I think Neary was incredible and Wallis was a beast but it just didn't add up.  After reviewing over and over it was very apparent the reason....their offensive line.  It really was incredible.  I'm not taking anything away from Neary because I love that kid BUT  I could have run for 5 yards behind that line before being tackled.  THeir linemen were pancaking TCA's line every single play and therefore Neary was already 5 yards into linebacker area with a full head of steam.  Virtually impossible to stop at that point.  After those 5 yards he defiintely made it happen.  I realize their line didn't do as well against TC but TC's DL was very athletic and much better than any line they saw all year.  Most DL's in 2A can't match up with that huge OL.  My point here is that Adamsville may be a whole lot better in 2014 than most people think.  I don't think they can stop TCA's offense but they may be able to score quite a few points with the OL and make that big game a close one.  I would imagine by playoff time the new, young, running backs will be rolling.  I have an old childhood friend whose boy is going to be a stud down there in the next couple of years.  Ryan Nixon.  If he runs hard behind that line he may put up some 200 yard games.  It's still going to be hard to replace Neary because of the intangible things he did such as imposing his WILL on a team.  Wallis will be hard to replace as well.  I think both will be missed as much on defense as on offense.  Did Aville lose any starters from their line?

Edited by TCAIntense

I will answer your question then.  I would never want to play at Adamsville, no matter what.  Why would I want to go somewhere that ONLY wants me for my athletic ability.  Would I ever by accepted by the students or people of Adamsville?  If a normal student, not involved in  athletics or any extra curricular activities,  wanted to come from Ramer, Bethel or Selmer, would they be allowed into your over crowded school?  I think not

"As for u playing at Aville they wouldn't want u, they only recruit winners!"  9oldschool5

Remember, Aville does not recruit.

So Bobcat83 and Macnarry...........  I know from reading your posts that this is all about the kids!!!!  So if there are 3 good quarterbacks in McNairy County and say they go to Bethel, Ramer, and Selmer Middle, that only one should get the opportunity to experience starting at the high school level?  And of course the same could apply at every position......so instead of having 44 really good football players from our area play on Friday night we should limit those opportunities to just 22?  And as far as recruiting goes I think the youth programs at Adamsville welcome kids from the area and they don't discriminate because of where your from or your intentions of where you may attend high school.  If it's suggested that someone is promising athletes anything would the basketball organization started by Coach Lott and Coach Forsythe not allow "All" kids to participate?  Or do you make those kids choose at a much earlier age than 14 to decide where they may play basketball?  You might take a look at that before you start throwing those recruiting rocks just toward the eastern part of the county!!!!!!!!!