Henry County 2014 offseason

SEC1rules

What are the thoughts and predictions? I know HC will be good next year. QB, WR, OL, LB, all have key losses. However, we have a ton of young talent and many that played a ton this year. By my count, 5 starters on D gone & 7 on O. All 3 RBs back and all 3 could start for most teams. I think they can make another title run and the coaches will have them ready.

Facts:

1   Hard to impossible to replace the QB's wide skill set from this year

2   Better next year at many positions due to depth and experience

3   Best coaching staff (and yes, that includes you know who) in the state returns

4   There will be improvements in the following:

a   defense

b   offense

c   passing

d   kicking

e   fan support

f   strategery

g   depth

Other than that . . .  should be a good year.

QB, WR, LB, and PK will be the biggest question marks. The OL will be fine in my opinion. At least 5 guys in the regular rotation were underclassmen this year, including the starting center. There's plenty of experience in that unit despite losing 4 starters.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the defense is actually better next year. We'll probably be better up front and in the secondary with so many guys coming back in both areas. No question we have some big losses at LB, but we have enough athletes to be fine.

Honestly have no idea about QB. I didn't really see enough of our backup to know what we have in him, but I did learn in the preseason that he has a solid arm. I also know we have a really talented incoming sophomore at that position, but it's hard to say how ready he will be. With the overall makeup of what we have returning, who knows, I wouldn't be shocked if we end up doing what we did in '12 with Hilliard and sticking one of our athletes back there and running the offense through him. It will be interesting to see what we have to work with and what the coaches decide to do.

We are loaded at RB and FB. Nuff said.

This was a really good group of seniors overall, but in my opinion, the two guys that will be hardest to replace are Brandon Donaldson and Bryan Rammell. The skill sets of those two players aren't something that grows on trees around here. I look forward to seeing who we have stepping in to fill their shoes.

Overall, we have a really good nucleus of talent and experience coming back, and though we do have some big losses, we should also be improved in several areas. I look for another deep run in 2014. 

Facts:

3   Best coaching staff (and yes, that includes you know who) in the state returns

a   defense

b   offense

c   passing

d   kicking

e   fan support

f   strategery

g   depth

Exceptionalistic usagery.

Facts:

a   defense

b   offense

c   passing

d   kicking

e   fan support

f   strategery

g   depth

I find it funny , your inferiority Complex you've just developed this year . Maybe you should develop a " STRATEGERY" that doesn't involve tugging on Superman's Cape . 

I find it funny , your inferiority Complex you've just developed this year . Maybe you should develop a " STRATEGERY" that doesn't involve tugging on Superman's Cape . 

I find it funny you find it funny. 

I've had an inferiority complex my whole life.  It's made me who I am.  I wasn't referring to your team though.

• Upvote 1

QB, WR, LB, and PK will be the biggest question marks. The OL will be fine in my opinion. At least 5 guys in the regular rotation were underclassmen this year, including the starting center. There's plenty of experience in that unit despite losing 4 starters.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the defense is actually better next year. We'll probably be better up front and in the secondary with so many guys coming back in both areas. No question we have some big losses at LB, but we have enough athletes to be fine.

Honestly have no idea about QB. I didn't really see enough of our backup to know what we have in him, but I did learn in the preseason that he has a solid arm. I also know we have a really talented incoming sophomore at that position, but it's hard to say how ready he will be. With the overall makeup of what we have returning, who knows, I wouldn't be shocked if we end up doing what we did in '12 with Hilliard and sticking one of our athletes back there and running the offense through him. It will be interesting to see what we have to work with and what the coaches decide to do.

We are loaded at RB and FB. Nuff said.

This was a really good group of seniors overall, but in my opinion, the two guys that will be hardest to replace are Brandon Donaldson and Bryan Rammell. The skill sets of those two players aren't something that grows on trees around here. I look forward to seeing who we have stepping in to fill their shoes.

Overall, we have a really good nucleus of talent and experience coming back, and though we do have some big losses, we should also be improved in several areas. I look for another deep run in 2014. 

Thorough.  Thanks for your insight.

• Upvote 1