Henry County 2014 offseason

SEC1rules

Hello!

Sorry to be absent from the most important forum on Coach T.  Got tied up pretty bad with StarsandBars on the "Mairvul" thread and more recently with BlackHavenSenator about whether Steve Spurrier is racist in regard to recruiting quarterbacks.

Anyway, here's my thoughts:

1  I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the number of State Championships so far

2  3 trips to get my season ticket has been met with no success (anyone else?)

3  I recommend Zoysia for the football field, but will need green house lights due to the new dome

4  I hope we fans don't let our expectations interfere with our excitement this year

Will HC still scrimmage tonight? I saw in the PI earlier this week it was at Patriot Stadium. Any updates would be appreciated.

PI was wrong about the location - it is definitely not at Patriot Stadium. Last I heard though was game at Barton Field. Haven't heard anything else other than that at this point...

Will HC still scrimmage tonight? I saw in the PI earlier this week it was at Patriot Stadium. Any updates would be appreciated.

SEC, I don't know how all this rain will affect things but the plan was to have the Frosh scrimmage on the practice field at 5;00 and varsity at 6:00 at Barton Field. I suspect that they won't want to test the new turf on the practice field if it remains this wet.Patriot Stadium is out of the question and was never intended to be the site despite the report in the PI.The turf at Barton Field is very good.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

SEC, I don't know how all this rain will affect things but the plan was to have the Frosh scrimmage on the practice field at 5;00 and varsity at 6:00 at Barton Field. I suspect that they won't want to test the new turf on the practice field if it remains this wet.Patriot Stadium is out of the question and was never intended to be the site despite the report in the PI.The turf at Barton Field is very good.

GO BIG RED

Thanks. Will the stadium turf be ready for the 1st home game?

Yep, Ended up 35-21 MBA. They put a whipping on HC in the first half - #1's v #1's. HC could not move the ball on offense and could not stop MBA especially passing. There were some bright spots as 2nd half HC outscored MBA 21-7 with mainly #2's,3's, but still a lot of work to be done on defense against the pass.

And sounds like HC will get some more work against the pass in the Jamboree, as McCracken Co's QB returns after throwing for 2300+ yds last year as a sophomore (according to Max_Preps)

That's what preseason scrimmages and jamborees are for, work on your weakness and get better.

GO BIG RED.

Edited by BigRedRealist

Surprised to see how bad MBA's #1s beat HC down. DB's had no clue and offense had no 1st downs.

Yep, Ended up 35-21 MBA. They put a whipping on HC in the first half - #1's v #1's. HC could not move the ball on offense and could not stop MBA especially passing. There were some bright spots as 2nd half HC outscored MBA 21-7 with mainly #2's,3's, but still a lot of work to be done on defense against the pass.

And sounds like HC will get some more work against the pass in the Jamboree, as McCracken Co's QB returns after throwing for 2300+ yds last year as a sophomore (according to Max_Preps)

That's what preseason scrimmages and jamborees are for, work on your weakness and get better.

GO BIG RED.

MBA did a great job of exploiting our weaknesses and they are a pretty good team ( in my opinion much better both offensively and defensively than last year at this time ).Most of the problems can be corrected with hard work, recovery from injuries and illness,and appropriate personnel changes.

GO BIG RED