Henry County 2014 offseason

SEC1rules

will you be loaded in 2014?? that defense reminds me of my Owls......pop pop pop

Will have to replace more on offense than defense. We will have to replace QB, WR's, and 4 of 5 OL but the 2nd unit OL played a lot this year and are bigger than this years OL. All 3 RB's and both FB's are back. On defense we will have to replace the NG, 3 LB's, and our Safety. There are several players ready to step in at these positions as they rotated in a lot this year.

To me the biggest holes to fill will be the PK , QB, and the 6'4" WR.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Jeffrey Marshall, Bryan Rammel, Dennis Tharpe Jr., Brandon Donaldson, and Shontel Thompson for being named to the all-state team.

And another congrats to Coach Counce for being named coach of the all-state team.

Just a great year all-around.

Congrats to all! Everyone of these young men earned and deserves this honor. I expect a few more all state selections next year.

How bout a big shout out to a former Big Red football player who was just promoted to General in the Air Force: David Hicks, we are proud of you!!!

What great news!!! All of Henry County should be very,very proud. He was a heck of a good DB: not bad on offense either and a team leader.

GO BIG RED

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when the 2013 season started we were looking to 2014 to be the better season and hoping to finish the first four games of 2013 2-2. Having #47 back on defense, who lead in tackles and fumble recoveries along with our corners and returning a large part of the d-line will prove the 2014 defense will be a dominant force against any team we play. On offense, with a returning backfield, other than the qb, and an o-line the saw a lot of play time, we should be very strong.

If we could win the 2013 championship with a team that was simply all heart and a drive that no one could stop, we should prove better in 2014.

I remember when the 2013 season started we were looking to 2014 to be the better season and hoping to finish the first four games of 2013 2-2. Having #47 back on defense, who lead in tackles and fumble recoveries along with our corners and returning a large part of the d-line will prove the 2014 defense will be a dominant force against any team we play. On offense, with a returning backfield, other than the qb, and an o-line the saw a lot of play time, we should be very strong.

If we could win the 2013 championship with a team that was simply all heart and a drive that no one could stop, we should prove better in 2014.

I can see where you're coming from with the 2014 comment. Many have expected big things from this upcoming senior class since they were in middle school. And I personally thought they were the best freshmen team we've ever had when I saw them a few years ago. They've already accomplished a lot between them, and with a very, very solid upcoming Junior class behind them and some talented incoming Sophomores filling out the roster, they have a good chance to go out with a bang next year. Just gotta have a few guys step up in a few key positions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...