Class A AP Poll

bob77

I agree with Pioneer.

Dresden and Huntingdon could be the #3 & #4 team in the region this year, normally 13A district is one of the weakest girls districts in Tennessee from top to bottom. I don't think either Dresden or Huntingdon can beat Union City this year. I don't really think Gibson County can beat Union City this year but I'm hoping they can. If Union City plays their game then no one in our district beats them.

We will have to play a near flawless game and shoot a high percentage to beat them. I would rather beat them in the region championship, but I think our best shot to beat them is when they come here next week. It's going to be tough to beat them on a neutral floor.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game with greenfield tonight. They came out with an attitude and hit the lady pioneers in the face early. Went up 11-3 I believe. Was tied at the half and I believe with about 5 min left in 3rd greenfield was up 5 points. We really turned the pressure on and ened up getting some space late and winning by 15 or so but it was hard fought. Was proud of our girls for battling early adversity and fighting for a win. This one will help down the road. GCPioneer what did you think about this one? Would like to hear greenfield opinion as well

Edited by westtnsportsfan

I was not there, but it sounded like a great game. Greenfield has always been a tough place for us to play. Small gym, always packed, and Greenfield is always a gritty team.... This win pretty much seals the deal for us for atleast a hold on second place in the district. I just read the Jackson Sun's article on tonights game and it sounds like Greenfield's Coach Trevathan thinks we have a very good shot of beating Union City as well. Here's what the article said. Greenfield head coach Willie Trevathan will not predict a Gibson County victory over Union City, but he said the Lady Pioneers are very capable of avenging the loss. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do your homework people! The Oakhaven Lady Hawks, one of the predicted best teams coming back in AA has dropped down to A!!!!!!! They are now 14-1, 12-0 in A with wins over AAA Overton(before the injuries) and AAA Memphis East. They not only need to be on the list but should be 1 of the top teams. Loaded with talent. #1 scorer, #1 assist leader, and the #2 shot blocker in the State of Tennessee all on 1 team.

Do your homework people! The Oakhaven Lady Hawks, one of the predicted best teams coming back in AA has dropped down to A!!!!!!! They are now 14-1, 12-0 in A with wins over AAA Overton(before the injuries) and AAA Memphis East. They not only need to be on the list but should be 1 of the top teams. Loaded with talent. #1 scorer, #1 assist leader, and the #2 shot blocker in the State of Tennessee all on 1 team.

Beat Middleton in the region and then you can make a claim as one of the states top teams. 1A basketball on the womens side down in Memphis has never really been much. This side of the state will run through 14A and Middleton.

Opponents and their records: Only two winning teams on the schedule and someone should put them in the top ten? Homework done, can I get a grade now?

# Team Overall Classification 2x Mitchell 10-9-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16 2x MAHS 7-9-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16 2x Power Center 5-9-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16 2x Memphis East 5-12-0 Division I, Class AAA, Region 8, District 16 2x Soulsville 3-6-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16 2x Hillcrest 2-10-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16 2x MASE 2-10-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16 2x City University 0-1-0 Division I, Class A, Region 8, District 16 1x Memphis Overton 11-3-0 Division I, Class AAA, Region 8, District 16

I got the chance to see Middleton play tonight against a solid Walnut Mississippi team. I'm convinced they're the best Single A team on this side of the state despite the few losses they have. I know 2 of the losses came without their stud post player, Deja Faulkner. And while I'm talking about her, she is also the best Single A player on this side of the state despite only being a junior. She is a UT-Martin committ and is a stud. Back to the team.... This Middleton team is different than the teams of past that have been at state. This team has several girls that can shoot the 3 and have three post players sitting right at 6 foot and all 3 of them can go. The region 7 championship just got a little bit bigger in my opinion....

I got the chance to see Middleton play tonight against a solid Walnut Mississippi team. I'm convinced they're the best Single A team on this side of the state despite the few losses they have. I know 2 of the losses came without their stud post player, Deja Faulkner. And while I'm talking about her, she is also the best Single A player on this side of the state despite only being a junior. She is a UT-Martin committ and is a stud. Back to the team.... This Middleton team is different than the teams of past that have been at state. This team has several girls that can shoot the 3 and have three post players sitting right at 6 foot and all 3 of them can go. The region 7 championship just got a little bit bigger in my opinion....

That would mean they got 15 points better than UC and either UC got worse or stayed the same from last season's 14 point UC win over Middleton in the sectional ?....

That would mean they got 15 points better than UC and either UC got worse or stayed the same from last season's 14 point UC win over Middleton in the sectional ?....

That was also a road game in sub-state on UC's floor. Middleton's girls have gotten quite a bit better since last year. I've seen all 3 of us this year and Middleton is the better team. You guys beat people with your physicality, but I believe Middleton can match you guys at every spot on the floor. They have 2 good post players, 1 being a UTM signee who is probably the best player I've seen this year in West TN, as well as guards that can shoot and handle the ball. Middleton's starting PG, Averyale Joy, just committed to Union the other day, so it's pretty evident the team is good with just those 2 players. I'm not saying that you guys can't beat them, but spot-for-spot, I think Middleton is the best Single A team in West TN. Oh yea, and most of their team are sophomores and juniors... they play some seniors, but the team is somewhat young. They're capable of winning it all this year or next year.

That was also a road game in sub-state on UC's floor. Middleton's girls have gotten quite a bit better since last year. I've seen all 3 of us this year and Middleton is the better team. You guys beat people with your physicality, but I believe Middleton can match you guys at every spot on the floor. They have 2 good post players, 1 being a UTM signee who is probably the best player I've seen this year in West TN, as well as guards that can shoot and handle the ball. Middleton's starting PG, Averyale Joy, just committed to Union the other day, so it's pretty evident the team is good with just those 2 players. I'm not saying that you guys can't beat them, but spot-for-spot, I think Middleton is the best Single A team in West TN. Oh yea, and most of their team are sophomores and juniors... they play some seniors, but the team is somewhat young. They're capable of winning it all this year or next year.

In no way diminishing the ability of Middleton or the size they have I truly believe they are a good team. The two players that you made mention of was on the team last year when they lost to UC and this loss came with Amber Fair on the sideline watching. She is also is a Union signee. We also lost Kealie Reaves our starting guard to a ACL tear in the first qtr of that same game. UC definitely has more weapons than Middleton, and I disagree with the statement that Middleton can match UC spot for spot. Not with Hudson at the point, R. Fair at the SG, A. Fair at the SF, and Nettles at the five with three on the bench who would start on any A team in west TN ready to come in and play. Bottom line they can't match up and guard everything somebody will be open. Lastly no one on this Middleton team is even being mentioned for a Miss Basketball nominee. I just look for UC to take care of business and get another home Sub-State game and advance to the Glass house. It's really sad that someone won't get to go to the Glass house, only time will tell. If UC can stay healthy they have a real good shot at winning it all.