SouthSide

superrog

Average player?! Beard is better than Hicks or McNeil. He is a very close second behind Barford. He had no choice, but to move to JCM. Some of South Side's players had been talking trash like every teenager does at some point or another and he called them all out for a one on one during the game and shook them up real nice :popcorneater:  I thought it was funny even though South Side still obviously pulled out the win easily.

everything in this passage speaks to why jcm cant win a basketball game against a decent team...

and like u said...1 man cant be 5 right???

if he stays at SS...he goes to college to play ball somewhere...much harder to pull that off comin out of jcm...the coaching whirlwind destroys these kids opportunities

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaching whirlwind? Wasn't Lonnie Starks at JCM for like 10-12 years? His replacement was there for 2 years but left when the principle left. I don't think that's the problem. Lack of parental support, lack of community/fan support, gang pressure, etc are what's destroying these kids opportunities.

my point...its harder for a young man...or woman for that matter...to hit the college radar...when their coaches keep leaving or being asked to leave...not just basketball...but baseball...football and soccer...jcm cant keep personel...and this fact alone has had the biggest impact on their student athletes not showing up in the college ranks...IMO

the issues u listed are true...but they are minor issues in the realm of being recruited

I would say the school average ACT score being a 15 has a lot more to do with it than coaching changes.

Kids don't get recruited, for basketball, through the high school coach without having seen the kid on the AAU circuit first. 99% of the players in Jackson play for some rooty poo aau team that's just in it to take the kids' money. They don't go to any major tournaments to be seen and the coaches are just dudes off the street with no connections or ability to teach the game.

I would say the school average ACT score being a 15 has a lot more to do with it than coaching changes.

Kids don't get recruited, for basketball, through the high school coach without having seen the kid on the AAU circuit first. 99% of the players in Jackson play for some rooty poo aau team that's just in it to take the kids' money. They don't go to any major tournaments to be seen and the coaches are just dudes off the street with no connections or ability to teach the game.

and that, my friend...is the myth of AAU basketball...which is a joke...if u can play the game...at an elite level...it doesnt matter where u display ur talents...

i would contend that jackson has some talent...but not enough to form more than 1 AAU squad...but ppl, parents mainly, really wana believe their baby is gona make it so they keep creating more teams...just like they created more high schools...which drains the talent pool

and u are correct...most AAU coaches do not teach fundamentals of the game...its a waste of time...

as far as the ACT goes...i believe they still have options to play at the juco level or naia...and all that matters is that they get a ride to college...not the destination...not too many division 1 players in jackson anyway...of course everyone wants to go to north carolina and kansas...when in all reality theyre more like cumberland and mineral area players...who cares as long as ur school gets paid for...thats what parents should be teaching their kids

as a 7th grader in missouri i got a 26 on the ACT...as a junior and senior i got a 28...so how much did i really learn over that 5 year span...or is the test a useless factor that schools use to require more $$$ out of the poor and our government, of course, supports the system