Why is Karns so bad year after year

jammin01

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

so yesterday Coach Kilgore tweets".....and got another huge piece of the puzzle committed to the program". Very interesting.

Great move Karns.

Coach Kilgore made that announcement today.  James Mitchell, formerly of Oak Ridge, is his new Co Defensive Coordinator.

That's a really nice get for Kilgore. 

Edited by HTV

I'm not sure why KHS does what they do. You must be talking about Rick Cathey still coaching there. There are a lot of us in the community still trying to figure that out. He is one of the most negative coaches I have seen in any sport I have been around in my many years. The kids tell about how he is the most hateful person they have ever been around and I have had to  sit in the stands for 20 yrs listening to him yell his negativity out of the press box to the point I thought my ears would bleed. He has mastered the art of sucking up to the admin and lost touch with the kids many years ago. My daughter tells me that there are a lot of great girl athletes that wont run track because of him also. One winning season in almost 40 years and he has been a constant for almost all of them. GO FIGURE!! I have seen with my own eyes multiple times where he has yelled at his track athletes until they run away crying! That's why my daughter has chose to not run this year.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure why KHS does what they do. You must be talking about Rick Cathey still coaching there. There are a lot of us in the community still trying to figure that out. He is one of the most negative coaches I have seen in any sport I have been around in my many years. The kids tell about how he is the most hateful person they have ever been around and I have had to  sit in the stands for 20 yrs listening to him yell his negativity out of the press box to the point I thought my ears would bleed. He has mastered the art of sucking up to the admin and lost touch with the kids many years ago. My daughter tells me that there are a lot of great girl athletes that wont run track because of him also. One winning season in almost 40 years and he has been a constant for almost all of them. GO FIGURE!! I have seen with my own eyes multiple times where he has yelled at his track athletes until they run away crying! That's why my daughter has chose to not run this year.

Did Cathey run Mitchell back to Oak Ridge?

Just something to chew on here:      Don't know anything about Karns per se, but perhaps the Beavers are struggling because the level of competition in the Knoxvegas area is so high.     Drop Karns into the Tri-Cities area and they might look like state champs (until of course the playoffs, when you have to go play a Knox team......)