Ooltewah Owls 2014

GOOSESDAD

Might be the year when the Owls can finally get over the hump and beat the Raiders. Cleveland has had their number the past few years.

you still didnt stop us from being District Champs......and we should have sent our young defense to West....heck the offense too the way you guys got steamrolled lol.....NO one whipped the Owls like that all season....The Raiders better eat their Wheaties cause the Owls are coming!!!

Easy Passive, every team is just a paper version until the season starts.

And I've only seen Cleveland once, but they were a well coached, impressive team.

Easy there RICOLA....not impressed with Cleveland....when you get that far in the playoffs...you are not supposed to get waxed....a close loss maybe....but to just throw the towel in by halftime??with that stud qb and shifty rb?? and those stud wideouts? the defense was who we thought they were.....Baad lol... BlueRaider said it after the first lost at West...#SMH The reason we lost to the Raiders....not the pittbull...but DEFENSe!! the anchor was not playing that night which allowed that shifty rb to run straight up the middle....no good pass rush and we were seconds away from getting the W......but not waxed lol...

Ooltewah likes to call us Daddy.

Dad could you improve your defense??? If you got our number would you please show up if u make it farther than us 5aaa teams that came up short??? Dad i know u have another stud qb...thats never the problem....its that defense and have a running game day one....not midway thru the season....lol

P.A.: Bottom line is you lost to the Big Blue Raiders-no excuses. Additionally, the Knox West team was playing so well at the end of season that I don't think a combination of the Raiders and Owls could have beat them.

They were'nt playing no better than anyone else....the answer is that your offense did not have the defense to stop other teams from scoring...you made no adjustments to stop the run after facing the West for the second time....it was worse.....did you see what Henry did to them??? yes West scored early....did they throw the towel in??? NO! they tightend up that defense and popped whoever was in the way of them getting that Gold Ball.....and that lost to the BlueRaiders didnt matter...still played at home and still District Champs :thumb:

On paper, on grass, on turf, don't matter this Owl bunch will be very good...... It will be a fist fight with Cleveland for the 5AAA championship. The rest of us just hoping to catch a break.

And You got Woods.......does he have anyone to throw to? I know you are trying to down play the studs on the hill..I can name about 10 of them.

And You got Woods.......does he have anyone to throw to? I know you are trying to down play the studs on the hill..I can name about 10 of them.

No down playing, lost 55% of our starters very good starters. We have some good talent returning and some guys who will get there shot at starting....... Canes will again be very large up front but next years team will be young we will just need to see what shakes out. Woods has all the tools I do think we have a couple of cats that can catch it, but your talking about replacing Lenior, Gatewood, Francois, and Herndon that is very large shoes too fill. Will Milita move to slot and Whitside start at TB? I think Whiteside can do the job, and Milita can get 8 to 10 carries a game out of the slot, and 5 or 6 balls thrown to him we know he has great hands and wheels, I would guess he was the best hands out of the back field last year in 5AAA. I guess what I am saying is I don't know. Also throw in 3 of the 4 first games next year is is against some pretty good ball teams, Signal will be good Kingsport DB will be loaded and Riverdale returns everything from a team that finished 3rd in 6AAA. Then theres Walker Valley, after all that we get the Owls, oh yea after that a trip to Cleveland, this team could be 1-5 real quick.

I've followed this team rather close for the last few years. This Owls team only has one unanswered question, which is QB. From my understanding it's a 2 man race as Hayes will start at WR. Either option should be at the minimum a good game manager. Neither have the arm of Binder but both have a capable arm and decent knowledge of the position. One will be a senior the other a Jr. I feel like the WR position they will be extremely deep. Hayes and Turner will return as starters while some underclassmen will compete for the remaining spots. They have an undersized but very sure handed Jr that I like a lot and another kid that looks to be 6'4 with great hands and based on the little I saw in a workout at D1, he had incredible ability to shift his body in air to make the catch. RB will be a combo of players that will provide different looks. If the QB play is steady I expect this team to be better than last year. I hear most of these boys started training hard for this season the day after their loss to East Ham in the playoffs.

No down playing, lost 55% of our starters very good starters. We have some good talent returning and some guys who will get there shot at starting....... Canes will again be very large up front but next years team will be young we will just need to see what shakes out. Woods has all the tools I do think we have a couple of cats that can catch it, but your talking about replacing Lenior, Gatewood, Francois, and Herndon that is very large shoes too fill. Will Milita move to slot and Whitside start at TB? I think Whiteside can do the job, and Milita can get 8 to 10 carries a game out of the slot, and 5 or 6 balls thrown to him we know he has great hands and wheels, I would guess he was the best hands out of the back field last year in 5AAA. I guess what I am saying is I don't know. Also throw in 3 of the 4 first games next year is is against some pretty good ball teams, Signal will be good Kingsport DB will be loaded and Riverdale returns everything from a team that finished 3rd in 6AAA. Then theres Walker Valley, after all that we get the Owls, oh yea after that a trip to Cleveland, this team could be 1-5 real quick.

your same sandbagging from 2013 lol. If we had your signal

caller I could guarantee that we will be in Cookeville, hr id just that good. Hate that he had to cut off his beak.

Edited by PassiveAggressive