Bolus Rankings

Metroman

Surprised science hill guard tianna tarter is in best of the rest instead of top 12 or at least second 12. She is a standout player who elevates her game late and in big games. Deserves more attention then given

I know several kids who have signed DI scholarships that aren't even on "best of the rest". Don't let it get to you Edited by WarriorFan

Who are they?

Dominique St. Louis from Wilson Central is one. She signed with Morehead St out of the OVC. Not sure if she has ever been on the list.  

St. Louis is a 6-0 forward who averaged a double-double (16 points, 11 rebounds) as a junior at Wilson Central. She helped guide her team to a regional runner-up finish as a sophomore when she averaged 12 points and nine rebounds per contest. St. Louis played for the Tennessee Extreme and the Tennessee Flight AAU squads.

"Dominique will be such a valuable addition to our program due to her athleticism, length, and inside-outside skill set," Hodges added. "Dominique played on the highest travel team circuit in the country and competed against the very best players from coast to coast. It was during those competitions we were able to see Dominique shine and really come into her own as a basketball standout. Her wingspan and defensive prowess will serve her well as she transitions to the collegiate level. The added bonus that Dominique had was that she has been coached by two of the finest skill development instructors in the southeast in Rodney Monie and Clifford Coleman. Dominique can play the two, three, or four positions, and that is what will make her such a valuable asset to our program."

http://www.msueagles.com/news/2013/11/15/WBB_1115130515.aspx

Edited by WarriorFan

DI signees:

Laka Blache (Whitehaven) to Lamar University

Timmia Sanders (White Station) to Alabama A&M

Kahdejah Stevens (Trezevant) to Mississippi Valey State

These are just in Memphis alone that was reported....and old info from November.  This does not include DII signees..NAIA...JUCO...etc

http://memphisgirlsbasketball.blogspot.com/2013/10/memphis-area-2014-class-signings.html

Because a kid is on the list doesn't mean they will sign nor if a kid is not on the list does not mean they wont play DI college ball or ball at some level.  The players listed in the report are players that Rick Bolus has seen or has info on from other scouts/coaches, etc and believes has the BEST potential to play at the next level.  It is hard to see all the kids as he covers a huge area.

Incidentally, there are several on the "Best of the Rest" that signed DI scholarships too that are not showing as signed.  I do know that Falon Baker (Beech) signed with  Austin Peay and Mendy McNeese (Greenville) signed with ETSU.  I am sure there are others that have signed either DI, DII ....NAIA....JUCO..etc.

Edited by WarriorFan

DI signees In Middle TN not on the list:

Brianne Alexander (Smyrna) to Austin Peay

Jese Vinson (Stewart Co) to UT Martin

I'm sure there are other DI signees in Middle TN not on the list...just haven't looked.  I really didn't bother with east TN because of the kids I was able to find pretty easy to show that someone can still be a DI player and not be on the list.  

Still, it is a high honor for players who are on the list and I congratulate their hard work being recognized! 

Edited by WarriorFan

I would agree that most of the top players in TN are on the list in some shape, form or fashion.  I like the list overall.  Sometimes it is hard for folks if they don't see a favorite player they feel deserves recognition.  A kid can still play college ball if they aren't on the list.  It does not mean they aren't talented...it just means they aren't on Rick's list of who he believes is the best.  Rick does the best he can evaluating talent in several states.  It has to be a full time job and is not easy.  

On the next update in March, all seniors right now will be gone and the list will change.....gonna be strange not seeing some of the players names on it.  They have been on there for a few years.

Incidentally, there was a lot of movement on the list from the last list in August....some kids moved up and some moved down.  Also, quite a few new faces!

Edited by WarriorFan