Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

New bleachers and soccer has own field so no sharing,  New locker room with small indoor baseball hitting cages possibly practice inside there.

Dressed about 30, supposedly the 8th grade class coming up has talent.Tough region and their side of the district is DCA, Friendship, and Kx Webb, no playoff hopes at all.  Biggest problem there is AD, nice guy but he thinks he gets it.

Pay is below avg for privates.  No big money there like some.  

If you want to be in a good and environment and schedule to maybe 5-5 with no playoff opportunity then it s good job for someone.

The indoor area where the cages are is nowhere near large enough for indoor football other than a walk-through.  I would roughly guess it at 75ft long by 30 ft. wide in that back room. There is basically room for two batting cages. The locker room has a nice video viewing room,  Looks like it could dress 35-40 although I didn't count lockers when I was in there.The playing  field is fine. Plenty of seating. Do they still practice in left field on baseball field? Fieldhouse is on opposite side of stadium from school building with completely separate entrance off another street.

Work, I think a coach only would be welcomed simply because it would keep an assistant spot open. Their low enrollment would make on site assistant coaches difficult at best. The pay is definitely below average. The AD is the basketball coach and has been there a LONG time. Didn't say that was a good thing either. Non UT fan is correct on him. Tuition is very affordable.

If you could convince some locals to send their kids there instead of FCS or DCA or the ever-growing Mt. Juliet High, I think 5-5 would be doable. Not going to beat the Webbs or FCS of the world but can get the Exells etc.

I have been around MJCA for a really long time. I've seen football coaches come and go ,but the last two coaches that MJCA have lost have been great. Bigchief really doesn't know what he is talking about. Anybody that has been to the new MJCA facilities will tell you that they are the best around. The problem that MJCA has is they are not willing to go in the grey area when it comes to giving financial aid like FCA and DCA. From what I hear both schools are always in the red area until the end of the season. I do believe that MJCA does have some problems when it comes to there athletic department,but I do believe it is getting better year after year. I just hope that MJCA will find a great coach and be able to keep him.

I have been around MJCA for a really long time. I've seen football coaches come and go ,but the last two coaches that MJCA have lost have been great. Bigchief really doesn't know what he is talking about. Anybody that has been to the new MJCA facilities will tell you that they are the best around. The problem that MJCA has is they are not willing to go in the grey area when it comes to giving financial aid like FCA and DCA. From what I hear both schools are always in the red area until the end of the season. I do believe that MJCA does have some problems when it comes to there athletic department,but I do believe it is getting better year after year. I just hope that MJCA will find a great coach and be able to keep him.

How exactly am I wrong in what I stated? Everything i wrote about the "field house" is 100% true. Your own people gave me the tour. It is ok but hardly "the best around".  Been on the field as a coach and spectator. I have seen your 5th and 6th grade teams win with kids that did not attend your school only to see the middle school get kicked around when you have to use only your students.

Your AD IS the basketball coach and he HAS been there at least 15 years. And whether you like it or not it has (and continues to) hold  you back.  Obviously this is probably what you think I don't know about. However, you might want to ask around.The pay is most definitely below average. I can guarantee you that there is no person at MJCA that makes what Davidson Academy pays their football coach and Davidson is mid-tier now in D2 small.

You have a small enrollment. You have limited teaching positions especially when it comes to typical football coaches areas. Your tuition is very affordable compared to the schools you are competing against. Doesn't the sign out front trumpet that there has been no tuition hike in three years?

Where exactly do I not know what I am talking about? I was around when Mike Hicks was there. You go back that far?

I know more than you think.

First let me agree with Bigchief. MJCA should have never let Coach Harrison go, Coach Roberts did a great job with the players he had. I would like to make some comments on bigchief and gotfootball52 post. I too have been around MJCA for many years and have seen many improvements over the past 5 years. They've been able to accomplish this even with out big sponsors like Gaylord or Cracker-Barrel. I know they would welcome business like this to help them grow. They've been able to make these accomplishments with good Godly people that are not afraid of coming together and getting their hands dirty to get something done. Over the past 5 years they've been able to improve on the following:

1- New Bleachers for the football field

2- New sound systems for the football field

3- New soccer field

4- Two new practice fields for football Middle School and High School

5- New football locker rooms

6- New hitting facility

7- New bath rooms and concessions stands for baseball and football being built now.

I was told Coach Roberts left the school for family reasons. I completely understand that and wish him and his family the best as he pursues a new chapter in their life.

Back to you BigCheif, you seem to know alot about other peoples salary and other schools programs. I would like to ask you a question. If MJCA is a school going nowhere in the football program, why did you tour MCJA's hitting facility? Just wondering!!!!

I've seen other post where you reference 5th and 6th grades football success to bring other kids in to play. Let me give you some facts about that. The first team had 10 kids from outside the school and out of the starters 2 kids went to other schools. FCA started its program the same way allowing kids to do the same. I would like to let you know this year that same team with all the kids coming from MJCA went 8-0 in Middle School.

I also notice the comment about MJCA ever beating Webb or FCA. If you been around these teams when do you think FCA will beat Webb?

I have freind with kids in FCA,DCA, and MJCA and have the upmost respect for their program. I hope and pray that MJCA will find the right coach that will be there for a long time. 

I agree with BigChief on somethings the tuition is very affordable. They do have financial assistance, and great Christian base.

I've been to Mount Juliet and Wilson Central on friday night and see alot of kids who never get a chance to see the field. Its nothing about the schools its a numbers thing.

I apologize . I didn't not start the thread to start any arguments . I have several years of coaching experience and am considering applying for the position and just wanted to learn a little more about it. It seems like things are moving in the right direction and if MJCS could relieve Mt.Juliet. and Wilson Central it would help things. I love the area and would love to relocate to that area . I guess it will be according to what the administration at MJCS is looking for. I noticed Webb wasn't on the schedule which looks very doable . Thanks for all the info !

Edited by WARBOSS