Cleveland BlueRaiders 2014

Raiders will have a new look and a new attitude rolling into the 5AAA season next year.

Although graduation struck the team at critical positions, the class of '15 group is not without experience.

Running and throwing on offense will both be performed as before.  Backfield got better as the year went on, and both feature backs return.  O line only loses one player to graduation.  New QB more mobile and no stranger to contact (starting OLB last year).  More in the receiver corps to step up, but no burners to stretch the field (or are there???)  Look for run to set up the pass as opposed to the opposite last season.  Also likely more read option and maybe the return of a tight end package.

Middle of the defense gutted, but some shuffling of personnel by position, and some bolstering with young talent should fill gaps suitably.

Home games against Cookeville, McMinn, East Hamilton, Walker Valley, and West should make for an interesting season.

Here's hoping we get to host a few playoff games this year instead of having take the show on the road for all of the post-season again.

Season can't get here soon enough...

Have a lot of fun on here…….. But I do think from talking to folks in Cleveland, yes I have ties to Cleveland much of it in the late 80’s and early 90’s boy was that a fun time for Blue Raider football. I do think the fun times are back. The Raiders are on an up swing. Your coach is first class, not just on the field but he gets the job done off the field meaning workouts talking to kids and staying close to the middle school. He has very good asst coaches. I liked the way his team got better each and every week even with kids banged up he still got better. Most important the kids are now starting to believe they can win. A lot of teams that lose a starting QB, struggle the next year, but I think you have a QB that will be the tops in the district. Your RB’s will be the best in the district and your front line will not be the biggest but will get the job done. Thus I am putting the bull’s eye on your back. I do think one area will be depth or quality depth and I think that will work it’s self out as time goes on. If you can get some blow out wins those kids will get playing time and they will be prepared late in the season. Your freshman team was very good. Times could be very good in Cleveland the next few years. If the Raiders come out in week one and beat down McCallie (I think you will) this will give this team a boost and set the sails for a great season. McCallie will be a very good team, your coach will down play it as a get ready game but a win really has an upside. I also think the West game is key you play them tough it really sets the stage. Your QB, receivers and stud RB’s give you a clear edge over everyone else. The Owls will also be a very good team and will be there in the end. The Canes are just a year away and are very very young. I also think the other teams in the district will be better but you are the clear cut front runner. The only thing that can side tract this team would be a couple of key injuries and some internal trouble but you have the coaching to off set anything like that. I love my Canes, but it is what it is. I am also a Virginia fan and I know they are not going to win the ACC.

1. Cleveland
  2. Ooltewah
  3. McMinn
  4. East Ham
  5. Walker Valley
  6. Bradley
  7. Soddy