Cleveland BlueRaiders 2014

I know you love talking about Cleveland's defense as if it was a net with a hole in it...but numbers just don't bear that out.

Yes, they started last season with that crazy loss to McCallie, but didn't allow more than 21 points scored in any game except the two West games.

Furthermore, in the first three rounds of the playoffs, they averaged allowing less than 10 points.

They struggled at first, and got better every week.  In fact, the defense actually won them at least a couple of games down the stretch... While losing the nucleus of that defense, there are plenty of athletes on that team to fill gaps and shuffle existing pieces to where they're best suited.

I know you love talking about Cleveland's defense as if it was a net with a hole in it...but numbers just don't bear that out.

Yes, they started last season with that crazy loss to McCallie, but didn't allow more than 21 points scored in any game except the two West games.

Furthermore, in the first three rounds of the playoffs, they averaged allowing less than 10 points.

They struggled at first, and got better every week.  In fact, the defense actually won them at least a couple of games down the stretch... While losing the nucleus of that defense, there are plenty of athletes on that team to fill gaps and shuffle existing pieces to where they're best suited.

BASICALLY...IT WAS...THAT WAS THEN...I CALLED IT HOW I SAW IT FOR EVERY TEAM..MOVING ON...

What happened to Corey Cook at WV? I thought he was the standing QB and he'll be a senior next season...right?

I don't think Cook started the last game of season. A Sophomore started & played well. I think the Freshman will be good (& maybe has more long-term upside), but I'd be real surprised if he starts next year. Edited by FootballFan51