Best teams not to win a state title.

QSouth89

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden's 2008-09 team with 5 division 1 players was a very good team that should have won it.

That was a great team and one of the best to never win it but Whitestation had 5 major D1 guys on their team that year.  They were best team in state that year though Bearden got a lot of attention on the East end of the state.

So many Memphis teams that could've won it but couldn't get out of their region also.  A lot of Memphis teams have the kind of talent Bearden had that year every year.  It's crazy

In Class A I will go with the early 90s GoodPasture teams, the Memphis Manassas team that got beat by UC in the late 00s, and Ezell Harding in the early 00s that lost to Jason Howerlda's CCS and Jake Skogen's Tennessee Temple.

In Class AA I will go with Memphis Mitchell in the mid 00s that lost to Liberty.

In Class AAA I will go with Bradley Central in the early 00s loosing to White Station, the late 00s Bearden team, and the late 90s Pearl Cohn team...

1986 Waverly Central Tigers. We're ranked #1 in the state all season long. Started 4 seniors and 1 sophomore. Team consisted of the Mulholland brothers. The oldest, a senior, was 6'10" and the youngest, a sophomore, was 6'9". They were undefeated going into the regional tournament and was defeated there by Goodpasture. If my memory serves me correctly, Goodpasture held the ball the whole first quarter. I think the halftime score was something like 6-4. I think the final was like 28-24. And Waverly beat Goodpasture pretty handedly in the regular season.

1985-86 Waverly Central Tigers. We're ranked #1 in the state all season long. Started 4 seniors and 1 sophomore. Team consisted of the Mulholland brothers. The oldest, a senior, was 6'10" and the youngest, a sophomore, was 6'9". They were undefeated going into the regional tournament and was defeated there by Goodpasture. If my memory serves me correctly, Goodpasture held the ball the whole first quarter. I think the halftime score was something like 6-4. I think the final was like 28-24. And Waverly beat Goodpasture pretty handedly in the regular season.

Blake Jenkins--Belmont

Nathan Parker--Wofford

Demonte Simpson--Florida Atlantic or International

Tony White Jr-- Chattanooga

Ty Green--USC Upstate

You also had kids to go to LMU, Bryan, and King College off that team.

Simpson went to Florida Atlantic. Didn't Dustin Craig originally sign with Air Force?

2009 Humboldt Vikings, 39-0 & lost first & only game at the state quarter finals to Manassa on a last second shot from almost half court. Manasas went on to win the next two (2) games by an average of twenty-five (25) points including the title game. Humboldt was up in that game by fifteen (15) & lost, probably was the most depth/balance/Talented Humboldt team ever!

Is that when they had the 6'7 pg