8AA

BigDPride

What's going on? Thought DC and MCM were supposed to play for the region championship yesterday, but don't see any score. Was it post poned for rain?

We lost 2-0. Had bases loaded 1 out in the top of the 7th and didn't score. Tonights game will be broadcast on Wjle. They stream online for anybody else that would like to listen to it. www.wjle.com

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

York only lost 3 seniors, only 1 seen significant playing time, but he was also our best hitter, which is going to be a hard spot to fill.   One of the others was a relief pitcher.  We have 6 seniors (5 returning starters) this year so thinking they may have a decent season.  They had just lost for so many years, they seemed for forget how to finish the game and win.  We did have a much better season last year under the new coaching staff and have added 2 more to that staff.  Time will tell on how they develop and finish.  . 

York only lost 3 seniors, only 1 seen significant playing time, but he was also our best hitter, which is going to be a hard spot to fill. One of the others was a relief pitcher. We have 6 seniors (5 returning starters) this year so thinking they may have a decent season. They had just lost for so many years, they seemed for forget how to finish the game and win. We did have a much better season last year under the new coaching staff and have added 2 more to that staff. Time will tell on how they develop and finish. .

what do you think the order of finish will be this year?

what do you think the order of finish will be this year?

Hard to me to say, not been in the area too long, not sure what key players each school has returning.  MCM would be my front runner, but with a new coach, I don't know.  Do you know how many starters each has returning.  DC always has a good program and so does Upperman, but I think their coach stepped down too.  I had also heard that one the LA coaches (assist) had went to SC (Coach Bush), not sure if that's 100% correct though.

Ok I'll take a stab at it

1. Central Magnet

2. Upperman

3. DeKalb Co.

These three teams should be competing for the district...all three teams return pretty good players from last year

4/5  Smith Co and Livingston

Smith Co. has Hackett but who else will step up....Livingston always finds ways to be in the thick of it

6-8  Cannon, York, and Macon in some order

Cannon could be wildcard as they have some decent arms to throw in district games

1. Central Magnet - Lost a ton of seniors but kept a couple of all-state players. It will really come down to the quality of replacement players for them. Add a new coach in the mix and they are a question mark.

2. DeKalb - Return I think all but two starters with the bulk of the team now seniors. One of the two starters lost was a district pitcher so will be interesting to see how he is replaced.

3. Upperman - Return all but two starters but will be a junior heavy team. Both district pitchers return in Lafever and Cannon.

I think Dekalb and Upperman will end at the top unless Central reloads at a high level the players lost to graduation.

1. Central Magnet - Lost a ton of seniors but kept a couple of all-state players. It will really come down to the quality of replacement players for them. Add a new coach in the mix and they are a question mark.

2. DeKalb - Return I think all but two starters with the bulk of the team now seniors. One of the two starters lost was a district pitcher so will be interesting to see how he is replaced.

3. Upperman - Return all but two starters but will be a junior heavy team. Both district pitchers return in Lafever and Cannon.

I think Dekalb and Upperman will end at the top unless Central reloads at a high level the players lost to graduation.

Central's new coach has been there on staff and he also has coached a team to a state championship so I don't think there's going to be a drop off.  They return the two best players in the district in Sargent and Jackson along with a hand full of guys who contributed last season. 

Central's biggest question mark will be who replaces those 3 stud pitchers who graduated, but the talent is there and has been waiting in the wings....I look for Central to be just fine and those who think they will drop off are mistaken

• 2 weeks later...

2. DeKalb - Return I think all but two starters with the bulk of the team now seniors. One of the two starters lost was a district pitcher so will be interesting to see how he is replaced.

Upperman has the most back but a new coach. Central has the best over all player back but loses a lot from 2014. Dekalb is established and no coaching change but might not be quite as loaded as UH or CM. Those three will battle it out for #1.