Coaching Openings

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they dont have an assistant coach there. they have a ms coach they are high on so he might very well get the job. fact is carthage hasnt been relevant in boys bb in well over 20 years. i expect that trend to continue.

Hasn't been that long ago the boys' team played in the district finals twice. The last time losing to Melton when he was still at Livingston. Lost to White House in the Region Semi-Final game that year...believe it was '07

Wow, not even an assistant coach? That is tough..why the problem with guys basketball? Have good athletes at the school I am sure. Doesn't make sense cause it would seem to be a good place to raise a family and teach.

well they do have an assistant coach but he would not be someone they would turn to i don't think. he is a football assistant. yes i think it would be a really good place just not sure about the committment to roundball.

Well I'm hearing that Lenoir City is targeting the middle school coach from Lenoir City middle! Also hearing that Jon Higgins is getting interest from Powell. I would hope that Powell would go after Coach Mercer since he is a Powell guy. Any thoughts?

Mercer and Fisher would be a good fit at Powell. Higgins needs to stick with bobcats so he can build a program in Ftn. City. Can't remember a quality team at ole CHS since Mercer left. LC looking at a Middle School Coach. Really! I heard an assistant at Maryville College who coaches at Gatlinburg is the guy for LC. Also heard carter coach who moves around a lot is drawing interest for a couple of openings.

Well I'm hearing that Lenoir City is targeting the middle school coach from Lenoir City middle! Also hearing that Jon Higgins is getting interest from Powell. I would hope that Powell would go after Coach Mercer since he is a Powell guy. Any thoughts?

Concering the Lenior City job. From covering sports around the area i'm familiar with their MS coach! He always seems to have discipline and brings a very exciting brand of ball. I know regardless of the talent level, his teams are always contending for the district title! LC can be a hotspot for athletics! Good luck to them in their search!