2014 5-AAA Football

GOOSESDAD

As for me, I mean no disrespect.  EH has played well at all levels and no reason to believe they will suddenly do otherwise.  I'm just going by what folks around the program (including the coaches) have said they expect based on what was lost/what returns.

That's all anyone has to go on at the moment...since we have a lot of changes in the district, and we don't know much about the complexion of each team until we see them back together in the fall.

As for me, I mean no disrespect.  EH has played well at all levels and no reason to believe they will suddenly do otherwise.  I'm just going by what folks around the program (including the coaches) have said they expect based on what was lost/what returns.

That's all anyone has to go on at the moment...since we have a lot of changes in the district, and we don't know much about the complexion of each team until we see them back together in the fall.

If you look at the rosters of each of the consensus top 3 teams (EH, Cleveland and Ooltewah), they all have to replace similar losses.

Ooltewah is losing a lot more than anyone on here would let on.  QB, RB, up to 3 OL, best DL, a few LB's. They return a few RB's that saw time, 1 WR, and return up to 7 on defense.

Cleveland is losing a lot more than anyone on here is letting on. QB, almost all of your WR's, 1-2 OL, several DL, best 2 LB's. and a few in the secondary.  You return both RB's, 1 WR with significant playing time, and several OL.

East Hamilton's losses are closer to what Cleveland is looking at, but with up to 5-6 starters/significant contributors returning on defense.  3 OL and both RB's returning.

Ooltewah is losing a lot on offense.  Cleveland and East Hamilton are losing a lot on defense.  Pick your poison.

Also, don't get caught up in the sandbagging of EH people.  They do it every year.  I kept hearing 6-4, 7-3 in the preseason last year.  Those predictions didn't exactly pan out. :thumb:

Trust me I find no disrespect at all in your post.........

Sandbagging

When a player in any game chooses (on purpose) to not play their best. Normally this is because they are too superior, they want to hustle you, or they are too lazy to play their best with nothing on the line.

I just beat him the first two games. Should I money match him?

Nah, he was sandbagging.

I have no idea why I am sandbagging…… Here you go…

Canes lose 8 starting folks on offense, and 6 others that got a lot of playing time on offense, that started on defense and got a lot of playing time on offense. Of those we lose on offense:

• Moore QB 3226 passing yards and 23 TD’s / A Soph will take his place he is very good and will need time to develop.

• Francios 1387 receiving yards 18 TD’s

• Herndon 407 receiving yards 4TD’s.

• Gatewood TE. FB, did a little of everything.

• The rest are lineman.

Guys that got a lot of time;

#7 receiver

#8 receiver

#11 receiver

#15 receiver

#20 FB

#52 O linemen.

I do think we have some very good talent coming back, and coming up I think it will need to develop.

On defense:

8 starters, and 3 that got playing time, it will be an over haul.

Again some talent moving up….. Just needs time.

Canes will be good and every team will need not to over look them …… Canes are just very young.

Canes lose 8 starting folks on offense, and 6 others that got a lot of playing time on offense, that started on defense and got a lot of playing time on offense. Of those we lose on offense:

• Moore QB 3226 passing yards and 23 TD’s / A Soph will take his place he is very good and will need time to develop.

• Francios 1387 receiving yards 18 TD’s

• Herndon 407 receiving yards 4TD’s.

• Gatewood TE. FB, did a little of everything.

• The rest are lineman.

Guys that got a lot of time;

#7 receiver

#8 receiver

#11 receiver

#15 receiver

#20 FB

#52 O linemen.

I do think we have some very good talent coming back, and coming up I think it will need to develop.

On defense:

8 starters, and 3 that got playing time, it will be an over haul.

Again some talent moving up….. Just needs time.

Canes will be good and every team will need not to over look them …… Canes are just very young.

The Canes are returning more talent/kids that saw significant playing time than Cleveland and Ooltewah.  Not to mention a transfer or two that were ineligible that would have started last year.

Several of the players you mentioned didn't play a lot, got hurt early in the season, or weren't significant contributors.  

Also, a few kids that played on the freshman team could have started on the Varsity; most notably at WR.

You're giving the nod to Cleveland and they are returning less than EH on both sides of the ball.  Why?

You're putting Ooltewah in the second slot when they are having to overhaul on their entire offense.  Why?

Now don't take this the wrong way....but what we have returning is the reason I give the Owls the green light...yes we were young but we overachieved IMO....THE DEFENSE IS RETURNING 8...yes the heart and soul is not returning....but we won't miss a beat..The o-line.....am I worried?? the Owls worst o-line can compete in this district......now with a good stall of backs...and we do have...all they need is a seam...the vision and the speed is there contrary to what has been said.....the back-ups rushed for over 700yds combined.... if you look at the numbers of the wideouts.....remember the senior became a decoy...not thrown to that much....the backups....1300 rec.combined.....the qb....let the best man win...all capable....and the skilled players out number any team in the district....I don't know any other way to say it.....no sandbaggers in Hooterville...

The Canes are returning more talent/kids that saw significant playing time than Cleveland and Ooltewah.  Not to mention a transfer or two that were ineligible that would have started last year.

Several of the players you mentioned didn't play a lot, got hurt early in the season, or weren't significant contributors.  

Also, a few kids that played on the freshman team could have started on the Varsity; most notably at WR.

You're giving the nod to Cleveland and they are returning less than EH on both sides of the ball.  Why?

You're putting Ooltewah in the second slot when they are having to overhaul on their entire offense.  Why?

Cleveland returns all but 1 O lineman. Massy will be there QB, he is pretty darn good. They return both of there RB's. There JV team was pretty darn good had good size, also had a few skill guys that will help them with depth.... Our freshman team lost to them by 6 or 12 points can remember, I do think you are correct there are some big guys that could have helped us last year from that freshman team. As you know Gatewood does not like and will not bring up the freshman guys. He did not bring up Herndon, Francios, or Gatewood Jr. when they were freshman, and they could have started or got lots of playing time. The only 2 that I know he brought up early was Woods this year, cause he was so thin at QB. Milita came up when he was a freshman, cause when our long snapper got hurt Gatewood tryed everyone on the team no one could do it. He asked who long snaps for the freshman team, Milita came up and long snapped 2 games, I hear he has good practices at RB and he kept him up as a backup long snapper and 3rd string RB then he busted a 100 yard game the last game of season vs Howard that''s the only 2. Cleveland will rebuild it's D but i think they got the studs to get it togather by game 6 vs, us and last game vs Oolteweah, they got better every week last year. Do I think this Cane team can win yes, but some young guys will need to grow up fast and quick. our first 4 games are very hard and I hope they can get it togather. Signal, Kingsport DB, then Riverdale and throw in Walker Valley before we get owls, and Raiders. It's stiff and lot to get worked out very quick vs good teams. That's why I pick Cleveland. As for the Owls they do return a lot on D they will be good. That LB is one of the best if not the best I have seen in a while. I do think they will have trouble with the O till they work it out. I give them a slight nod. Then there is McMinn they will be good also. As I said before I reserve the right to change my mind but need to see some things after the 1st 2 scrimmages I could change my mind. As of right now I feel this way. As for the transfer's Can't talk about that, have not seen them play. I think a lot also depends if #9 returns and I hear he will.